Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Mrrob is right. Stay away from cards like First Premier and save your money and invest in a secured card from Bank of America or a secured card offered by your local financial institution (FI). Secured cards give your money back as long as you maintain a good payment history with the card, unsecure the card, and most of them will give you a CLI.

Bank of America's secured card offers the least amount of time to return your deposit, unsecure your card, and give you a CLI.

Their 99/500 off is also a steal. You only pay $99 up-front and get a $500 limit. If you maintain a positive payment history, they will return your deposit, unsecure the card, and give you a CLI within 6-9 months.

Good Luck Everyone

i wanted to get one of those cards is there a link?
when i did the app it did not offer me that card the 99/500
15 years 9 months ago #1576

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Mrrob is right. Stay away from cards like First Premier and save your money and invest in a secured card from Bank of America or a secured card offered by your local financial institution (FI). Secured cards give your money back as long as you maintain a good payment history with the card, unsecure the card, and most of them will give you a CLI.

Bank of America's secured card offers the least amount of time to return your deposit, unsecure your card, and give you a CLI.

Their 99/500 off is also a steal. You only pay $99 up-front and get a $500 limit. If you maintain a positive payment history, they will return your deposit, unsecure the card, and give you a CLI within 6-9 months.

Good Luck Everyone
15 years 9 months ago #1577

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

rwmtd
I would stay away from cards that require a monthly fee and also a fee in order to make a payment online. BOA, Wells fargo and Citi are good
take care
15 years 9 months ago #1578
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Good luck:white-flag:
Thanks for answering hjm331:cool:
15 years 9 months ago #1579

Rwmtd, good luck!
15 years 9 months ago #1580

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Citibank unsecures your card after your account hits the 1.5 year (18 months) mark.

Wells Fargo requires 12 months. Here are some links to help you out.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit_cards/secured/

https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/cardDetail.do?screenID=940

hjm331, thanks for the info. I'll post back later and let everyone know which one I decided on. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #1581

Citibank unsecures your card after your account hits the 1.5 year (18 months) mark.

Wells Fargo requires 12 months. Here are some links to help you out.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit_cards/secured/

https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/cardDetail.do?screenID=940
15 years 9 months ago #1582
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

I think Hjm331 or Eric was telling me about the Wells Fargo was pretty cool but I think they convert the secured to unsecured in like 12 months. Can either one of you two clarify this for me?:worried:
15 years 9 months ago #1583

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

I am interested in opening up another secured account (I currently have a secured card with BofA). I wanted to know what experiences others have had with Wells Fargo secured or Citibank secured. How long did you have to wait for a change over to one of the un-secured cards? Did they offer additional benefits?

TIA,
rwmtd
15 years 9 months ago #1584

i just got a macys card 3 weeks ago how long should i wait to ask for a CLI?

When your account turns 3 months old.
15 years 9 months ago #1585

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Macy's is giving out CLI's like there's no tomorrow. This is great, let's just hope we can keep this going for a long time.

i just got a macys card 3 weeks ago how long should i wait to ask for a CLI?
15 years 9 months ago #1586

Macy's is giving out CLI's like there's no tomorrow. This is great, let's just hope we can keep this going for a long time.
15 years 9 months ago #1587

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Hey I just came back from the Mall and I tried to ask Sleep Number for a cli and I was denied in the store. I was like "What, after what you guys done to me, I should be rewarded a new bed" I was so mad at GEMB, but the store clerk said to wait at least one year for a cli because GEMB is getting very tight with cli's due to the economy crisis. I dont know if I want to believe him or not because he should have told me before he tried it...lol. He said I was the 4th persn denied this week, geeeesh, what is really going on?

The economy crisis
15 years 9 months ago #1588

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

I'm going to check on CB for a backdoor # for macy's and call today to try to upgrade. I don't want a hard pull so we'll see. I'll definitely be back to update.

I got a CLI from Macys and all I had to do was call the number on the back of my card. I dont think theres a hard pull as I have CreditSecure and nothing has showed up for inquiries under Macys. I did also request for the Visa when I got the CLI and still no show for inquiry.
15 years 9 months ago #1589

Replied by LindaLu on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Does anyone still have the list that was posted here a while ago with back door numbers.?
I can't find it anymore!
I have capitol one's back door number and it worked for me...(yeah!)
but I was looking for one for hsbc(standard hsbc card) and orchard bank and best buy mastercard..I know they are all owned by hsbc but I thought they did have different back door numbers.
Also I know everyone was looking for a backdoor number for hooters so just wondering if anyone ever found that was also.

thanks for any info anyone can provide!!
15 years 9 months ago #1590