Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Lowe's: Have you had a CLI?

Ok, I got the answer myself. I called the# and requested a CLI and I told her that I did not want a hard pull. We had just purchased quite a bit of materials as we are in the mdidle of a project.

She said that she could look internally and she approved us for $6400. My original limit was $3205 so that is an increase of double my original limit.

This week has bee great for me. I was inspired to ask for CLIs by reading this board and I got 2 for both of my Cap1 cards today, 2 for both of my Macy's card this week, sam's last week, and Orchard this week.

My daughter got JCPenny and Citi increases last week by pressing the luv button.

The Lowe's CLI will greatly improve my utilization. I can't wait to calculate it.
15 years 9 months ago #1621

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Lowe's: Have you had a CLI?

I have the card but I haven't used it yet. Is there a button on the website where you can request an increase? I know that other cards that are also offered by GEMB have this option on the website.
15 years 9 months ago #1622

Replied by shark6 on topic Lowe's: Have you had a CLI?

Have anyone has luck with requesting a Lowe's CLI? I've had my card for over 6yrs and only one auto increase.

If you had, was it an auto increased or a phone call increase and was it a hard pull or soft pull?

I would like to request a CLI.
15 years 9 months ago #1623

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Cireone, try applying for the card when your are scores around 720. AMEX loves pulling Experian so try to clean up Experian first.
15 years 9 months ago #1624

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

It has a fair credit rating on this site but my thoughts were leaning towards yours. My scores have improved to the mid to upper 600s and got denied. Ive been trying to find out through the website for what reasons but the service is never available. I dont really want to call the number provided as I hate waiting and dealing with the teleprompter
15 years 9 months ago #1625

I don't think it's for people with fair credit. I apply for this card about 6 months ago and got denied with scores in the high 600's all across the board. It might be easier to get than other AMEX cards but that's about it.
15 years 9 months ago #1626

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Hey does anyone know about the AMEX Green Preferred Rewards Card. Its says on the site that it is for fair credit but an AMEX for fair credit???????
15 years 9 months ago #1627

3 chances are better than 2. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #1628

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Wait wait wait, cap one did say that they do not practice UD like other creditors just because you missed ONE OR TWO PAYMENTS, GO OVER THE LIMIT, OR DEFAULT WITH ANOTHER CREDITOR WITHIN ONE YEAR! Read between the lines, I bet if we missed 3 in one year we will be slapped with a UD. I do believe that they just dont go diggin around looking for one like other creditors do.

But I find this very strange, cap 1 stay on me nearly every two months as a soft pull, what are they looking for if they do not practice UD

Meya they do that for promo offers to see if you qualify for a higher limit or lower apr as well as other products and services such as auto loans. But then again they could also be checking up on you:worried:
15 years 9 months ago #1629
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Wait wait wait, cap one did say that they do not practice UD like other creditors just because you missed ONE OR TWO PAYMENTS, GO OVER THE LIMIT, OR DEFAULT WITH ANOTHER CREDITOR WITHIN ONE YEAR! Read between the lines, I bet if we missed 3 in one year we will be slapped with a UD. I do believe that they just dont go diggin around looking for one like other creditors do.

But I find this very strange, cap 1 stay on me nearly every two months as a soft pull, what are they looking for if they do not practice UD?:dumbfounded: Hmmmm makes you wonder!
15 years 9 months ago #1630

Wasn't there are a law being passed around to ban UD this year?
15 years 9 months ago #1631

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Universal Default it no joke, here is some good information about it https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/resources/httpstlucieifasufleduuniversaldefaultratehtml
click "View to see it"

Hot Dang Meya I just read the article ain't that a blip!
15 years 9 months ago #1632

Shark6, call WaMu CS and ask for a manager. The regular reps aren't going to be able to help you out. Tell them that you have not had a late payment in 5 years and that your account with them is in great standing.
15 years 9 months ago #1633

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

hjm331

Yep, at least Cap1 has one good thing in it 's saving grace. UD IS a horrible business practice and I consider 31% interest rate from a cc company to be usurios. I would pay it off as soon as possible, actually, I would do a balance transfer and if you have had it for some time, just charge a lunch on it every other month to keep it active.

Now, she's got me thinking and I need to inquire to WAMU about this as I have a large balance with them now, however, I haven't paid a late cc payment in over 5yrs.
15 years 9 months ago #1634

Shark6, you're right. I remember reading a letter from Capital One claiming that they don't use Universal Default. If this is really true, then that's one less creditor we have to worry about. :fun:
15 years 9 months ago #1635