Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

In my opinion, pre-approval letters are advertisements of credit cards to fool customers into applying for their card. I don't know why but that's how I feel.
15 years 9 months ago #1531
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

My opinion, the ones that sends you the actual card with the acceptance letter.
15 years 9 months ago #1532

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

OK, I just wanted to know something.
I have been receiving offers in the mail for gas credit cards from Shell and ExxonMobil. It says that Im pre-approved for it. I tried applying online for the Shell card and got the 30 day message. I know that its issued by Citi and my scores are in the low 600s. Im just wondering whats the difference between PRE-APPROVED, PRE-QUALIFIED, and PRE-SELECTED????? Which one has more guarantee of acceptance????? I dont want to waste another inquiry on my report. I always thought that being pre-approved meant a good chance of getting the card.
15 years 9 months ago #1533

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

I know im supposed to put this in the CLI thread but I thought i'd share my joy.
SO I called the backdoor number today for Cap1. I was greeted with a polite woman and I kindly asked if I wa eligible for CLI, to make a long story short, I was approved for a $500 increase which brought my total CL to $800. THANKS CAP1!!!!! and also thank for the backdoor number.

Congratulations, Cireone. Sounds like you got the same lady I did last night when I called. She increased mine to $800 and even got me a BT from First Premier for free. We are rockin!! Next month, adios, First Premier.:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #1534

I know im supposed to put this in the CLI thread but I thought i'd share my joy.
SO I called the backdoor number today for Cap1. I was greeted with a polite woman and I kindly asked if I wa eligible for CLI, to make a long story short, I was approved for a $500 increase which brought my total CL to $800. THANKS CAP1!!!!! and also thank for the backdoor number.
15 years 9 months ago #1535
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

Did you see the card you were talking about in the link?
15 years 9 months ago #1536

Replied by torry209 on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

Yeah, the one I got isnt the rewards :( its just the basic.
15 years 9 months ago #1537
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

Hi Torry, I agree with everyone who responded so far. As for the HSBC Platinum, the administrator had to removed quite a few of these cards as requested by the bank. It does not necessarily mean that it will not reapper again, but rules must be followed. If you have an request for cards to be added to the site, please follow this link and make your request. https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=426

You might want to take a look at this link because it has some HSBC Rewards Cards listed and I did see HSBC Platinum MasterCard® with HSBC Plus Rewards

https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/issuer8.php

Hope this helps!
15 years 9 months ago #1538

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

It isn't listed here on this site? Its the regular mastercard, not the rewards, I didnt have to pay an application fee, the APR is 14.90%, and a 59$ AF. The CL was only 300$

Why isnt it listed? I only see rewards cards listed for HSBC

Anyone have any experience with this card? HSBC as a whole? I know they can be stingy with CL increases, but should I ask for one when i recieve the card? Should I state something like "I want to activate this card, but I dont think the CL is worth the 59$ fee" Or This is my lowest limit card, I don't know if I want that showing on my credit report.

You might as well activate it. You already got the hit on your inquires. As far as the a/f I got the same thing with the Best Buy m/c. When I called to activate it I asked them to lower the a/f. Somehow they thought I was going to cancel it and they gave me a cli but diddn't lower the a/f. It won't hurt to ask.
15 years 9 months ago #1539

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

HSBC is good for rebuilding credit but that's about it.
15 years 9 months ago #1540

Replied by torry209 on topic HSBC Platinum Mastercard

It isn't listed here on this site? Its the regular mastercard, not the rewards, I didnt have to pay an application fee, the APR is 14.90%, and a 59$ AF. The CL was only 300$

Why isnt it listed? I only see rewards cards listed for HSBC

Anyone have any experience with this card? HSBC as a whole? I know they can be stingy with CL increases, but should I ask for one when i recieve the card? Should I state something like "I want to activate this card, but I dont think the CL is worth the 59$ fee" Or This is my lowest limit card, I don't know if I want that showing on my credit report.
15 years 9 months ago #1541

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

THANKS, hope I get a CLI......

Go for it and good luck.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #1542
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Good luck Cireone. I believe you will get one since it has been a year ago. just make sure you are not in any kind of poor status with other creditors, then you have nothing to worry about. :white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #1543

THANKS, hope I get a CLI......
15 years 9 months ago #1544

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

1-800-889-9939
15 years 9 months ago #1545