Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

I know I read on here that the Best Buy MC is considered different although it is issued by HSBC. Can someone please help me out and verify this
15 years 9 months ago #1516

Replied by cireone on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

Ok so I went to HSBC's credit card site and did the whole check for the right card app thing. My results were that I was not "qualified" for the rewards card but "pre-qualified" for the HSBC Platinum. it stated that it was a "premium" card. It had a $59 AF though which seemed so familiar to the Direct Rewards Discover also issued by HSBC.
I already have the Direct Rewards Discover, Best Buy MC, adn the Orchard Bank Gold (all issued by HSBC). Is it a possibility that I will be denied the card due to the limit HSBC imposes in credit cards???? Then again I have 3 and the supposed limit is 2.
15 years 9 months ago #1517

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Approved for Searssolution mastercard

I went with a friend today to Sears. She was shopping for a new lawnmower for her farm and I went along. I thought how I needed a new rider for my 3 acres and kidded with her about applying for a sears card. (I know I said I wasn't going to apply for any new cards but what the hey?) Anyway I applied and was declined by Citi. No surprise there but I was approved for a HSBC Sears Solution m/c. CL of $420, a/f $59. I don't like the a/f but I used the card already so I don't think I can try to get them to lower the a/f. Has anyone here heard of this card? Can I still call them and try to get the a/f lowered? I would review this card but it isn't in the databank that I can tell. Thanks everyone
15 years 9 months ago #1518
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Has everyone posting in this thread noticed that there is a poll above? Please take the time out to answer just a few little questions so that we can get better feedback in regards to Credit Card Questions. If anyone have a question that has not been asked nor anwered here, please feel free to ask whatever you like. NO questions are dumb questions here, trust me, 2501(total members) heads are better than one.
:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #1519

Replied by CLIFTON on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

HSBC is good for rebuilding credit but that's about it.

I would beg to differ. I really like my HSBC Cash or Fly MC (CL=2350 dollars). It is my workhorse credit card. I have had it since last year and have received CLI's at 6 month intervals. It started out at 750 dollars. I plan on keeping this card for awhile.
15 years 9 months ago #1520

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

There is one credit card company that sent me a guranteed pre-approval with a guaranteed limit of $1k.

I applied even though I had an Orchard and they were true to their word. I got the card for the amount, 0 interest for one year.

Now that I think about it, that is a great offer from HSBC. They auto CLIed me $200 in April I believe and that wuld be 7mths into the card.

Thats fantastic Shark6
15 years 9 months ago #1521

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

HSBC is one of the cards on top of my list for credit rebuilders.
15 years 9 months ago #1522

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

There is one credit card company that sent me a guranteed pre-approval with a guaranteed limit of $1k.

I applied even though I had an Orchard and they were true to their word. I got the card for the amount, 0 interest for one year.

Now that I think about it, that is a great offer from HSBC. They auto CLIed me $200 in April I believe and that wuld be 7mths into the card.
15 years 9 months ago #1523

It's really pathetic how creditors try to play with our emotions.
15 years 9 months ago #1524

KMoney, there are letters in the mail like that but still require a hard copy of your credit report and you can still get denied.

Wow I didn't even think about that, you are so right
15 years 9 months ago #1525

KMoney, there are letters in the mail like that but still require a hard copy of your credit report and you can still get denied.
15 years 9 months ago #1526

Yes I stay away from the preapproved letters, how about they send me your approved for this card
15 years 9 months ago #1527

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

Don't actually close it though since it seems like it's your oldest credit card.
15 years 9 months ago #1528

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

Had the same card for over a year. The apr started at 14.90%, but got a letter in March that the APR will go up to 26.99, after speaking with CS to lower the APR they said no, and it's a standard practice. My annual fee was $79. Got one CLI after one year $100 with $25 CLI fee. This card has a very, very slow reporting history. I got another Orchard Card (to me it's the same) $500 CL. So you can have two with this company. Please call HSBC, tell them you want to cancel the card...they either give you a $500 CL, or waive the fee. Ask to speak with the credit manager. Good luck and keep us posted.:cool:
15 years 9 months ago #1529

Replied by torry209 on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

No, its not in there. The card isnt a rewards card. Any HSBC branded cards listed in that link are rewards.
15 years 9 months ago #1530