Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

I know that because it is a horrible business practice, several credit card companies voluntarily stopped doing it. I forgot which ones, but several did. I believe that Capital one no longer does this as i believe getting information from them that they were discontinuing this practice.
15 years 10 months ago #1636

Replied by smcc on topic Virgin Atlantic American Express Card from BOA

Good Morning Everyone:

Anyone have any information regarding the Virgin Atlantic American Express Card now being offered by BOA? Need to move some of my credit limit from my BankAmericard to another BOA card and wondered if this is the card that some have referred to as the "cure to cancer" (being sarcastic). Any information would be greatly appreciated.
15 years 10 months ago #1637
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Universal Default it no joke, here is some good information about it https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/resources/httpstlucieifasufleduuniversaldefaultratehtml
click "View to see it"
15 years 10 months ago #1638

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

KMoney, yes that is true. It's called Universal Default. If you have a 30 day late payment show up on your report and if one of your lenders see it, they will raise your APR.
15 years 10 months ago #1639

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: WAMU raised my apr

Ok my WAMU statement came in today. They are raising my APR to 31.99 percent!!!! I have had this card since 2006. Should I pay this card off and close it?? I was only late on this card once last year by a day and since then it's all been on time. What should I do??

That is a high APR
15 years 10 months ago #1640

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: WAMU raised my apr

Ok my WAMU statement came in today. They are raising my APR to 31.99 percent!!!! I have had this card since 2006. Should I pay this card off and close it?? I was only late on this card once last year by a day and since then it's all been on time. What should I do??

Were you late on any of your other credit cards last month?
15 years 10 months ago #1641
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Oh my goodness, is that the universal default rate they are imposing upon you? At that percentage, I would offer two choices:

1. Since you had them for nearly 2 years, I would probably keep it and make little and cheap use of it. Make sure that you can pay them before the statement comes out

2. Call and ask for it to be lowered in about 6 months, if they dont, then close it.
15 years 10 months ago #1642

Replied by MaryM on topic WAMU raised my apr

15 years 10 months ago #1643
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Meya, I did post that info over to the mortgage forum. I hope it does help someone thats trying to buy a house. I also added a little more detail about my loan.

Thanks so much Rob, someone is going to love it also!
:cool:
15 years 10 months ago #1644
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Hi everyone, I thought that I would put a little update to this thread. Questions about credit cards can be about any card that you have a question about. It does not have to be moved from the reviews in order to be questionable. If there is a card that is not discussed in this thread, please share a story about it. Shared stories leads to questions. If you noticed Ash has mentioned something about Crown Jewels in this thread https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=756 although this posting is in regards to fraud, questions about crown jewels can be mentioned here also. Take a look at what MaryM asked about best buy https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=508 These are questions that can be asked in this thread. Please, if you have any answers lets try to help out the member with questions. The more we learn, the more we can help others.

Thanks!
15 years 10 months ago #1645

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Meya, I did post that info over to the mortgage forum. I hope it does help someone thats trying to buy a house. I also added a little more detail about my loan.
15 years 10 months ago #1646
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

That was perfect information. As a matter of fact, you should copy and paste the mortgage info over to this link https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=368
I know it will benefit someone here!:white-flag:

Thanks for sharing your credit info, I feel more confident about bofa and their cards approvals. I will use this information when someone asks about it.
15 years 10 months ago #1647

I almost forgot, I had 9 inquiries on Experian and the following cards:

Cap 1 $500 cl
Wamu $500 cl
Centennial $450 cl
Orchard $400 cl
Penney's $150 cl
Total Visa $275 cl (closed)
I also have a mortgage from Chase (90,000) and a car loan from Citi(22,000)

I closed on the house May 2007 and refinanced my Jeep from Cap 1 Auto Finance to Citi Fiancial this year. I also have a motorcycle financed thru Freedom Road Financial. When I bought my house my FICOs were 609, 621, and 608. I only qualified for a loan because Rural Development lowered the score needed for a RD backed loan. The loan officer at the bank told me they had lowered the score needed from 680 to 620 and they used the middle score. Lucky for me that was the highest. If it was 2 points lower I would not have qualified. Anyone looking to buy a house should consider a RD loan.

I hope this fills in a few gaps and sorry if that was too much information.
15 years 10 months ago #1648

Hey Meya, my scores and am not positive about but on Experians Triple Advantage is shows 630 for June and my PFICO on Wamu is 646. I have 4 delinquents on my Experian cr from 2005, 2 medical, one charge off on an overdrafted check, and an electric bill. I had CHF in 2004 and was on a medical leave of absence from work waiting for social security disability to start. I finally got it after almost a year of appeals and paid them when I got my backpay. Wish I had known about that letter then that asks them to remove the delinqents if you paid it off. I hope this helps.

Robert
15 years 10 months ago #1649
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Hi Rob72830, I was wondering if you could share your scores and credit background since you were denied for the visa but offered the 99/500 deal for bofa. I was denied both and my socres were in the low 600's with about 5 baddies then. I had a judgement and 4 co's at the time, but I plan on going ahead and apply for the secured at the end of this year.
15 years 10 months ago #1650