Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Hey I just came back from the Mall and I tried to ask Sleep Number for a cli and I was denied in the store. I was like "What, after what you guys done to me, I should be rewarded a new bed" I was so mad at GEMB, but the store clerk said to wait at least one year for a cli because GEMB is getting very tight with cli's due to the economy crisis. I dont know if I want to believe him or not because he should have told me before he tried it...lol. He said I was the 4th persn denied this week, geeeesh, what is really going on?
15 years 9 months ago #1591

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

GEMB should be rewarding their loyal customers.
15 years 9 months ago #1592
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Now that you have mentioned it, I do recall my cli comming from Walmart a few months ago for $100 on the love button, but all the rest has come from over the phone.
15 years 9 months ago #1593

I don't know what's the point of having an increase button on your GEMB account management site when they won't approve you for an increase. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #1594
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Does Anyone know if Cap 1 Blacklists?

Nope! Not in California:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #1595
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Lowe's: Have you had a CLI?

Lowes online accounts are set up just like all the other GEMB online accounts, you do have an option of asking for a cli. I have not had the card more than 6 months but I do plan on getting one soon.
:fun:
15 years 9 months ago #1596

Shark6, how much do you spend annually at Macy's? I believe that's the biggest factor that determines you eligibility for a Macy's Visa.
15 years 9 months ago #1597

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

It didn't work, they said that they would have to do a hard inquiry for a macy's visa. I decline. She did say that I could call back in 90days for a GLI.

Hmm I am feeling you about the hard inquiry, hopefully they will surprise you and just give it to you
15 years 9 months ago #1598

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

It didn't work, they said that they would have to do a hard inquiry for a macy's visa. I decline. She did say that I could call back in 90days for a GLI.
15 years 9 months ago #1599

I'm going to check on CB for a backdoor # for macy's and call today to try to upgrade. I don't want a hard pull so we'll see. I'll definitely be back to update.
15 years 9 months ago #1600

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Yep, you're right, Macy's would be a great card for her if I can get her to shop there. she likes Hollister and abercrombie & Fitch.

I will encourage her l May I ask what limit did they initialy give you and also any CLIs that you have gotten?

I have two Macy's and I would be interested in the Bloomingdale card even though there isn't a Bloomie in my area except for 45mins away or 4 hrs away in South Fl. It's not a problem as I visit those areas at least every 3mths to visit family or to shop.

I'm afraid that they will reject me due to defaulted student loans. However, I have had both of my Macy's from 1998 and 1999. What do you think my chances are of getting Bloomingdales? I have 2 small medical collections on TU and EX not on Eq- they will drop off in oct/08. 1 BOA settlement on TU and EX, not EQ that will drop off in 12/08, 1 paid collection/chargeoff on all 3-won't come off for 4yrs unless i'm lucky, defaulted student loan that i'm working on to rehab and 1 paid judgement on EQ for $221.

Everything else is good and all scores are over 600.

I also would like to know what my chances are of having one of my Macy's upgraded to a Macy's Visa?

I don't see why they wouldn't upgrade your Macy's to a Macy's Visa
15 years 9 months ago #1601

Yep, you're right, Macy's would be a great card for her if I can get her to shop there. she likes Hollister and abercrombie & Fitch.

I will encourage her l May I ask what limit did they initialy give you and also any CLIs that you have gotten?

I have two Macy's and I would be interested in the Bloomingdale card even though there isn't a Bloomie in my area except for 45mins away or 4 hrs away in South Fl. It's not a problem as I visit those areas at least every 3mths to visit family or to shop.

I'm afraid that they will reject me due to defaulted student loans. However, I have had both of my Macy's from 1998 and 1999. What do you think my chances are of getting Bloomingdales? I have 2 small medical collections on TU and EX not on Eq- they will drop off in oct/08. 1 BOA settlement on TU and EX, not EQ that will drop off in 12/08, 1 paid collection/chargeoff on all 3-won't come off for 4yrs unless i'm lucky, defaulted student loan that i'm working on to rehab and 1 paid judgement on EQ for $221.

Everything else is good and all scores are over 600.

I also would like to know what my chances are of having one of my Macy's upgraded to a Macy's Visa?
15 years 9 months ago #1602

Shark6, if your daughter likes to shop at Macy's, she should also apply for the Macy's card since they are great for credit building, great with CLI's, and she should have no problems getting approved for it because my credit was around 6 months old when I got approved for my Macy's card.
15 years 9 months ago #1603

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Lowe's: Have you had a CLI?

I have to drive 20-30 minutes to visit the closest Lowe's store in my area. I hope I will feel good enough to drive there before they close my account. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #1604

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Lowe's: Have you had a CLI?

I would definitely use it before 5mths so you don't risk getting it closed for inactivity. You're young now but I'm sure that at some point in your life you will be a homeowner.

We have had Lowe's for quite a bit of time and it has been helpful for appliances, building materials, do it your self projects, paint, gardening supplies, etc.

Buy some cleaning supplies for $20. They sell a lot of cleaners, mops, buckets, air freshners for the house/car etc. You'll find something that you can use, I'm sure.
15 years 9 months ago #1605