Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

The whole point of the secured card is to help consumers build credit so if there's a chance of getting denied, why waste the inquiry right?
15 years 9 months ago #1561

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: My question

Hi Chance, like yoyo and Rob72830 are saying secured is the way to go. I recently opened a BofA fully secured card (you can deposit from $300 to 10,000 into the account). It was relatively painless I went to their website chatted with one of their CRS who had me apply for the regular credit card and I was offered the fully secured. I sent in my deposit and received my card in 3 weeks.

Good luck to you and let us know how you did. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #1562

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: My question

Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to check out the BofA on Monday

The secured card's mentioned by Bob72830 is a great way to start. Remember you will get your deposit back within 8 months to 18 months depending on the card holder. Citibank secured card holds deposits for 18 months in an interest baring CD. Try Orhard Bank...I know you might not get a CLI after 6 months., and they might give you one after a year...the annual fee are between $0 and $79. Go online and you'll get a pre-approval before applying. I'm thinking about Hooters, but don't want you to get Denied an loose a hard pull:confused:. Well I been denied CapOne but got a Hooter card. Good luck.:cool:
15 years 9 months ago #1563

Replied by chance on topic Re: My question

Thanks for the advice, I think I'm going to check out the BofA on Monday
15 years 9 months ago #1564

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: My question

Hello, first I want to apologize if this has ever been asked before but I can't seem to find the answer I need. I was denied for Cap 1 due to old dr bills that are more than forever late. Long story on that one involving a sick child and cancer. Now on to my question, can anyone refer me to a card for poor credit,mid-500's across the board that gives a decent cli from time to time. I just don't want to get stuck going about rebuilding my credit because I choose a card where the bank is too stingy?

Thanks in advance

Chance, try the secured cards from Bank of America, Wells Fargo, or Orchard bank. Out of those three, I'm sure you can get a card.
15 years 9 months ago #1565

Replied by chance on topic My question

Hello, first I want to apologize if this has ever been asked before but I can't seem to find the answer I need. I was denied for Cap 1 due to old dr bills that are more than forever late. Long story on that one involving a sick child and cancer. Now on to my question, can anyone refer me to a card for poor credit,mid-500's across the board that gives a decent cli from time to time. I just don't want to get stuck going about rebuilding my credit because I choose a card where the bank is too stingy?

Thanks in advance
15 years 9 months ago #1566
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

I still don't understand how you can be denied for a secured card when you are using your own money.

Oh yes, they will deny you for a secured card because of your cr. Their initial intension is to cut you a unsecured card in a matter of time but if they see that you are not paying now then they are not taking chances with you. Some people can mess up a secured card as well as a cc. They will charge up and dont pay back. I did that with sterling Bank and Trust and they put that on my cr.
15 years 9 months ago #1567

Cireone, call CS again and see what's going on. There might be new info in their system about what's going on with your account.
15 years 9 months ago #1568

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Does anyone know how to find out the status of an upgrade request to the Visa for Macys. I requested a CLI and got a $500 CLI for the store card and also inquired about the Visa. The rep went ahead and put a request for me. Its showing up as a hard inquiry just today and the request was acutally put in almost a month ago. Have not got any type of communication regarding the status of the Visa request but its showing that my experian report has been pulled.
15 years 9 months ago #1569

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

I too have never seen or have been offered the 99/500 secured card form BoA. I applied and was denied for an unsecured card and was pre-approved for a regular secured card. It seems that the 99/500 is a better deal than the regular secured card.
15 years 9 months ago #1570

I still don't understand how you can be denied for a secured card when you are using your own money.
15 years 9 months ago #1571
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

After you've applied did you get denied for a regular CC with BofA? (you can't qualify of other cards). You'll get an offer in the mail or get the pre-approved for the 99/500 card right away or the regular secured card.. Remember they will do a hard pull (twice), the card you were denied and the pre-approval on the 99/500

The only thing I got was a denial and an offer for a secured card. I never seen the 99/500.
15 years 9 months ago #1572

The 99/500 offer will show up after you've been denied for an unsecured BOA credit card.
15 years 9 months ago #1573

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Did you go straight to the BOA site that offers the secured card or did you go to their regular site for the unsecured card? Try this link for the secured card

http://www1.bankofamerica.com/creditcards/?context_id=marketing_detail&offer_id=ECOMM090XFEQ00400800121983EN001&requestTimeout=120&router_flag=y
15 years 9 months ago #1574

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

i wanted to get one of those cards is there a link?
when i did the app it did not offer me that card the 99/500

After you've applied did you get denied for a regular CC with BofA? (you can't qualify of other cards). You'll get an offer in the mail or get the pre-approved for the 99/500 card right away or the regular secured card.. Remember they will do a hard pull (twice), the card you were denied and the pre-approval on the 99/500.:innocent: You will get something in the mail within 10 days.
15 years 9 months ago #1575