Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Hey, I just realized that I had one of my Cap1 cards for almost a year and have not requested for a CLI. SO exactly what is this Backdoor Number that everyone has been talking about????
15 years 9 months ago #1546

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Cards to Add Requests

Lexus and Mercedes-Benz also have cards of their own.

http://www.lexusfinancial.com/consumer/lfs.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_LPVHome

http://www.mercedesbenzfinancial.com/mbfsr/en/misc/creditCard.do

Hot Dang now those are cards I would like to have
15 years 9 months ago #1547

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Cards to Add Requests

15 years 9 months ago #1548

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Cards to Add Requests

KMoney, yes they do. It is not co-branded so it's only a "store card". You can only buy products from their stores.
15 years 9 months ago #1549

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Cards to Add Requests

FG, can you add the Honda credit card to our database?

Wait one minute Honda has a cc?
15 years 9 months ago #1550

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: My question

Hello, first I want to apologize if this has ever been asked before but I can't seem to find the answer I need. I was denied for Cap 1 due to old dr bills that are more than forever late. Long story on that one involving a sick child and cancer. Now on to my question, can anyone refer me to a card for poor credit,mid-500's across the board that gives a decent cli from time to time. I just don't want to get stuck going about rebuilding my credit because I choose a card where the bank is too stingy?

Thanks in advance

Chance I do hope you get the secured card and wish you the best with your family
15 years 9 months ago #1551

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

I guess it's a different story for everyone.
15 years 9 months ago #1552
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: My question

By the way, here is your link to the previous posting
https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=461
I am going to move this thread over to credit card questions.
15 years 9 months ago #1553
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: My question

I agree also, good luck!:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #1554
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

The whole point of the secured card is to help consumers build credit so if there's a chance of getting denied, why waste the inquiry right?

That's the main question, but how will they know they will be denied? There are some people in here receiving secured cards with co' and derogs and there are some going to get denied for the same reason. So I guess we should say "Cross your fingers" or "Good Luck!"
15 years 9 months ago #1555

Cireone, every creditors works differently so I suggest calling once a week to get the latest update on your account.
15 years 9 months ago #1556

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Cireone, call CS again and see what's going on. There might be new info in their system about what's going on with your account.

So I called and talked to a rep. He explained of the recent CLI for the store card and when I explained about my credit report showing a inquiry for the Visa, all he could tell me was that it was still in the process of being reviewed. How long does it take to get a response or information on this matter?????
15 years 9 months ago #1557

Rick_E, I have received that message for all of the BOA cards I have applied for. I remember receiving that message for my BOA AMEX and got approved a month after I filled out the application. If I were you, I'd call CS and see what's going on with your app.
15 years 9 months ago #1558

Replied by Rick_E on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Hello,

Anyone else have this issue:

I applied for the Alaska airlines Visa with BOA. I got a pop-up saying "we need more time to review your app. We will send you an email with our decision in the next few days"

That was last week, and I still don't have the email so I can check the status. Does this mean I got denied?? :confused:
15 years 9 months ago #1559

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

The whole point of the secured card is to help consumers build credit so if there's a chance of getting denied, why waste the inquiry right?

Wow I didn't know they will deny you for a secured card
15 years 9 months ago #1560