Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

My daughter got the card and she has relatively new credit i.e less than a full year. She got a pre-approval and got the card. However, she also has a very clean report and hopefully it will stay that way. I believe her scores were over 680.
15 years 9 months ago #1606

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Does anyone knows if the Sears card have a luv button or how thy are with their CLIs?

We have had this card I'm sure over 8yrs or more and we have never had a CLI. In fact, we have also never asked for one and we have been stuck at $1810 from the beginning.

We don't use it on a every month basis, more so during their sales or around the holiday season.

Has anyone have a Sears experience to share?
15 years 9 months ago #1607

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Does Anyone know if Cap 1 Blacklists?

fchristie, see if you can get pre-approve on their website....it would just be a soft pull until you complete the full application process.
15 years 9 months ago #1608

Replied by fchristie on topic Re: Does Anyone know if Cap 1 Blacklists?

Thanks
15 years 9 months ago #1609

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Lowe's: Have you had a CLI?

I don't know GEMB is with increases even though I have the Lowe's credit card. I haven't used the card yet and I've only gone to Lowe's once in my lifetime. :cool:
15 years 9 months ago #1610

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Does Anyone know if Cap 1 Blacklists?

No they don't. My father filed a BK with them a 10 years ago and they sent him a pre-approval to him 2 weeks ago. He applied and was approved for a $500 limit.
15 years 9 months ago #1611

Replied by fchristie on topic Does Anyone know if Cap 1 Blacklists?

I have a charge off with Capital one, that has since been paid in full. I would like to give it another try with them; but don't if they blacklist old customers. Does anyone know?
15 years 9 months ago #1612

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Lowe's: Have you had a CLI?

Sorry, I meant $125

YUP VERY TRUE!!!!!!!!!!! I think its cause I applied online but STILL thats terrible! :worried:
15 years 9 months ago #1613

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Lowe's: Have you had a CLI?

Sorry, I meant $125
15 years 9 months ago #1614

That means that they started u off with $175 and that is just tragic! Some people spend more than that in a week!
15 years 9 months ago #1615

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Lowe's: Have you had a CLI?

I think they were giving pretty good increases on their Wal-mart cards for heavy spenders no?

Ive had my Wal-mart card since 08/2007 and ive only gotten 1 cli and it was for $75 in 02/2008... Making it an even $200!!!!!!! I had a zero balance feb, march, april and in may i began charging... and I asked for a cli end of may and was denied because I needed to establish 4 month payment history at my new credit line ($200)!!!!!!! So thats basically saying you have to carry a balance for 4 months and make monthly payments OR charge every month for 4 months and pif... then get a cli! We shall see in like 2-3 more months! Maybe on the anniversary they will give me something. Who knows!
15 years 9 months ago #1616

I think they were giving pretty good increases on their Wal-mart cards for heavy spenders no?
15 years 9 months ago #1617
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Re: Lowe's: Have you had a CLI?

Congrats Shark...Ive had my Lowes card since March when I bought my new house...$600 CL Ive used it twice for a total of $120 for a new hose, some paint for my daughters room, and a hose rack. PIF...Ive noticed that if you dont use your cards with GEMB their not quick to give CLI's unless you've had the card for years with no use and they REALLY want you to spend on it. I have a American Eagle Credit card that I use maybe 3 or 4 times a year and Im still stuck with the same dinky $100 CL...Ive had that card since Apr 07. I will hit the luv button on my AE card in Aug Sept...and my lowes card in mid 2009.
15 years 9 months ago #1618

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised myself but we have had the card from 2000. The lady was very pleasant but she tried to sell me the Account Security insurance to which I happily declined, lol!

The only card that I haven't called is Home Depot but they gave me an auto CLI several months ago.

I may just call to see.
15 years 9 months ago #1619

Congrats! That is a huge increase. It will definitely have a significant impact on your utilization.

Good Luck
15 years 9 months ago #1620