Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

I don't think HSBC allows you to have more than 2 cards unless you get lucky.
15 years 9 months ago #1501

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

cireone
did you apply for the third HSBC card? Just interested if they will allow anyone to have more than 2 cards
mrrob
15 years 9 months ago #1502

Replied by sh0t0kan on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Shotokan, do you currently have a secured card with them?

I haven't heard that losing your credit card will hurt your report/score. What happens is when you report your card as lost/stolen, the creditor will report the new credit card number to the credit bureaus and everything else will stay the same.

So should i have those removed or can i have that remark removed?

No I dont have a secured card with anyone Never needed it but I had two Citibank cards They were my first credit cards when i was 18. I kept them in good standing amongst all the bad. I was given bad advise from a bankruptcy lawyer when I was contemplating it back in 2000 but I didn't go through with it. They told me to disregard my credit card payments because i was filing. Big mistake they took my money and never did the BK. Im glad cause I changed my mind anyway. But in the aftermath of it all I lost my Discover (Paid off), BOFA platinum visa:worried:, Citibank MC and Visa:worried:, Providian Visa (paid off)didnt want too charged triple the amount in interest:upset:, Capital One Visa. :worried:
Since then I have been okay with credit (DONT USE THEM) but I'd like to get Citibank back if that is a loop hole way of doing it.
15 years 9 months ago #1503

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Shotokan, do you currently have a secured card with them?

I haven't heard that losing your credit card will hurt your report/score. What happens is when you report your card as lost/stolen, the creditor will report the new credit card number to the credit bureaus and everything else will stay the same.
15 years 9 months ago #1504

Citibank unsecures your card after your account hits the 1.5 year (18 months) mark.

Wells Fargo requires 12 months. Here are some links to help you out.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit_cards/secured/

https://www.citicards.com/cards/wv/cardDetail.do?screenID=940

I wonder if they will unsecure the card if you have a closed/CO with them or does it depend on your current credit status.
15 years 9 months ago #1505

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

You know what I have no idea sorry about that
15 years 9 months ago #1506

Is having a stolen/lost card on you report bad.I lost my card or actually left it behind at a restaurant and didn't feel like driving back to get it cause it was far away.I just checked my report and experian is saying it is a negative remark. But does it really factor?
15 years 9 months ago #1507

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Isn't Sears backed by Citi?

Yes and no. If you apply for the regular Sears card it is from Citi. If you get declined, HSBC then reviews your application for the HSBC Sears Solutions m/c. I guess Sears wants to make sure if you get declined from Citi, you will get this card with higher apr and a/f so you will become a customer. They will give you $15 off your first purchase when you get approved.
15 years 9 months ago #1508

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Approved for Searssolution mastercard

I know, weird huh? One other thing I forgot to mention is that this card is also good at Kmart. Looking at the website it shows this card to be a rewards card too. After I learn more about it, I will let everyone know.

You will consider it as one of your favorite cards as long as you shop at Sears often to earn extra rewards.
15 years 9 months ago #1509

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Approved for Searssolution mastercard

Wow who gives a CL of $420 I have never heard of that.

I know, weird huh? One other thing I forgot to mention is that this card is also good at Kmart. Looking at the website it shows this card to be a rewards card too. After I learn more about it, I will let everyone know.
15 years 9 months ago #1510

Isn't Sears backed by Citi?
15 years 9 months ago #1511

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Approved for Searssolution mastercard

I went with a friend today to Sears. She was shopping for a new lawnmower for her farm and I went along. I thought how I needed a new rider for my 3 acres and kidded with her about applying for a sears card. (I know I said I wasn't going to apply for any new cards but what the hey?) Anyway I applied and was declined by Citi. No surprise there but I was approved for a HSBC Sears Solution m/c. CL of $420, a/f $59. I don't like the a/f but I used the card already so I don't think I can try to get them to lower the a/f. Has anyone here heard of this card? Can I still call them and try to get the a/f lowered? I would review this card but it isn't in the databank that I can tell. Thanks everyone

I called today and spoke to a nice csr who couldn't give me a cli (I tried) but she did lower the a/f to $29. I will keep it. Who knows, maybe by next summer the cl will be enough to buy a new riding mower from them. If anyone gets this card call the cs and try to get the a/f lowered. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #1512

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Approved for Searssolution mastercard

I went with a friend today to Sears. She was shopping for a new lawnmower for her farm and I went along. I thought how I needed a new rider for my 3 acres and kidded with her about applying for a sears card. (I know I said I wasn't going to apply for any new cards but what the hey?) Anyway I applied and was declined by Citi. No surprise there but I was approved for a HSBC Sears Solution m/c. CL of $420, a/f $59. I don't like the a/f but I used the card already so I don't think I can try to get them to lower the a/f. Has anyone here heard of this card? Can I still call them and try to get the a/f lowered? I would review this card but it isn't in the databank that I can tell. Thanks everyone

Wow who gives a CL of $420 I have never heard of that.[/quote]
15 years 9 months ago #1513

Positive people produce positive results. :cool:
15 years 9 months ago #1514

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

KMoney, the Best Buy RZ Mastercard is like the HSBC Platinum Mastercard except you receive rewards to redeem at Best Buy. They have different levels of cards so it all depends on what tier you fall in to determine if you have to pay an AF or not.
15 years 9 months ago #1515