Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

A few months ago around the end of May... I received a letter telling me that my Chase Freedom Card was going to be automatically upgraded to a Chase Freedom Signature Card on 07/02/2008....

I called 06/05/2008 and politely declined the upgrade.

I got my new statement closing date: 07/20/2008 and GUESS WHAT! my account is now being refered as a "Credit Access Line" meaning they still upgraded me! :upset: I pull my CR and this account is now showing as an Installment Account and not under my Revolving Accounts AND no CL is showing.

Do ALL signature cards report as Installment Accounts? Or did they make a mistake? :dumbfounded: Can I get them to report my CL? PLZ EXPLAIN! Thank you all!
15 years 9 months ago #1486

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

HSBC and Sears have a card together? I thought Citi backed all Sears cards.
15 years 9 months ago #1487

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Sears Solutions Mastercard

I received my Sears Solutions card from HSBC yesterday.$420 cl, $29 a/f. The a/f was $59 but after I called they lowered it but couldn't give me a cli. Thats ok, I will keep it at least a year and seee if it increases. I also got 2 coupons with the card, 1 coupon good for $10 off a $50 purchase at Sears and 1 coupon good for $10 off a $50 purchase at Kmart. If they keep those coupons coming, I just might become a loyal Sears customer. I would have done a review but it is not in the databank.
15 years 9 months ago #1488

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Call back and answer the questions that they are asking because sometimes lenders need to verify your info in order to approve your application.
15 years 9 months ago #1489
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

I can give you some good news on that one, I believe you got it. Walmart's card is backed by GEMB and this is just another way of them asking you a few other questions for security reasons.
:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #1490

Replied by choco624 on topic Help!

I applied for the Walmart card on July 21st, today I was out and a message was left in my answering machine to please call in reference of the application in the next 72 hours because needed to finish processing it. ( Said needed information) But with the number the lady left (888-508-6678) I can not get though. Do they call to tell you the application has been denied?

Who can help me out? SOMEONE....:worried:
15 years 9 months ago #1491

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

If you like tools join the craftsman club, you get special discounts throughout the year. Don't forget that about November you'll see some really great deals on tools.

I'll check it out:cheesing:.
15 years 9 months ago #1492

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

That ain't weird, thats cool. I think you should go down and apply. I know they give strange cl's but I am hoping by Christmas I can get a cli. MsKiwi, I say go for it and you're welcome. Glad to help

If you like tools join the craftsman club, you get special discounts throughout the year. Don't forget that about November you'll see some really great deals on tools.
15 years 9 months ago #1493

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

I wouldn't mind this card. I know I couldn't qualify for a Sears/citi but perhaps I may qualify for a sears/hsbc ( I already have an account with hsbc.) I would love to be able to buy tools around Christmas when Craftsman goes on sale. I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the info MrRob! The only thing I like as well as clothes are tools. I know I'm weird for a chic

That ain't weird, thats cool. I think you should go down and apply. I know they give strange cl's but I am hoping by Christmas I can get a cli. MsKiwi, I say go for it and you're welcome. Glad to help.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #1494

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Yes and no. If you apply for the regular Sears card it is from Citi. If you get declined, HSBC then reviews your application for the HSBC Sears Solutions m/c. I guess Sears wants to make sure if you get declined from Citi, you will get this card with higher apr and a/f so you will become a customer. They will give you $15 off your first purchase when you get approved.

I wouldn't mind this card. I know I couldn't qualify for a Sears/citi but perhaps I may qualify for a sears/hsbc ( I already have an account with hsbc.) I would love to be able to buy tools around Christmas when Craftsman goes on sale. I'll have to check this out. Thanks for the info MrRob! The only thing I like as well as clothes are tools. I know I'm weird for a chic.:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #1495
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

:laugh: :laugh: No wonder
15 years 9 months ago #1496

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Approved for Searssolution mastercard

Sears is wrong for that one, but I received a $725 limit from Lowes. I guess they are into issuing odd limits...lol

It wasn't Sears. It was our old friend HSBC.:dumbfounded: BTW, you can have more than 2 HSBC cards. I have 3, Orchard, BB Rewards, and now Sears Solutions. Just thought I would add that.
15 years 9 months ago #1497
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Approved for Searssolution mastercard

Wow who gives a CL of $420 I have never heard of that.

Sears is wrong for that one, but I received a $725 limit from Lowes. I guess they are into issuing odd limits...lol
15 years 9 months ago #1498

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

I don't know of know loop hole way of doing. Just the old fashion way by just applying for it.
15 years 9 months ago #1499

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: HSBC Platinum Mastercard

Ok so I went to HSBC's credit card site and did the whole check for the right card app thing. My results were that I was not "qualified" for the rewards card but "pre-qualified" for the HSBC Platinum. it stated that it was a "premium" card. It had a $59 AF though which seemed so familiar to the Direct Rewards Discover also issued by HSBC.
I already have the Direct Rewards Discover, Best Buy MC, adn the Orchard Bank Gold (all issued by HSBC). Is it a possibility that I will be denied the card due to the limit HSBC imposes in credit cards???? Then again I have 3 and the supposed limit is 2.

Can you call HSBC and ask? I would hate for you to lose a hard pull for nothing...i'm wondering would they use your Direct/discover an Orchard as the two (HSBC accounts)...hmmmmmm:confused:
15 years 9 months ago #1500