Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

I have learned to ask for a manager when I realize that I'm speaking to an outsourced rep. I simply tell them that I can't understand what they are saying and I won't make life harder for them so I just tell them to transfer me to a manager. It works everytime.
15 years 9 months ago #1666
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Thanks meya

No problem!:laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #1667

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

That aggrivates me too. Then again, the ones that I get from India are the ones who are trying to get me to sign up for something. When I have a problem or a question with my cards I get a native English speaker.
15 years 9 months ago #1668

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Maybe they were'nt trained well or just simply dont know.

I figured you would get the card you applied for unless stated otherwise on the application....

Sometimes, like Target will run your credit for their Target Visa first and if you dont qualify, they will see if you qualify for the Target Store Card and issue you that instead. Usually its stated at the beggining of the application what they will run your credit for first.

I agree w/ Yoyo. Its usually the benefits & apr.

I have the regular Chase Freedom Visa Card, and they wanted to upgrade me to the Chase Freedom Visa Signature card which all it was, I quote from the letter]"have the opportunity to receive preferred access to popular entertainment, sporting and dining events. Plus enjoy complimentary 24-hour concierge service and Zagat Survey restaurant ratings and reviews. Even receive hotel upgrades and special offers from many of your favorite retailers." [/I]and switch to have a credit access line instead of a credit limit and have no pre-set limit.

Those were just some examples. Again maybe the rep you spoke w/ didnt understand your question or was just plain dumb ;)

they were in India!
15 years 9 months ago #1669

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Thanks meya:innocent:
15 years 9 months ago #1670
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Originally Posted by]

Companion Ticket - Citi PremierPass® Card]

The Review]I called the Spirit points line today to see about booking a ticket to Orlando. I found out some of the rules. although thier are no blackout dates your minimum ticket must be at least $299.00 round trip coach class only. If they can not find a ticket that price or higher you don't get the companion fare. Also you have to book at least 14 days in advance. Does anyone know how this compares to the companion ticket with the Amex Platinum? I was very excited about this feature but for this trip I do not think it is going to work. But the good thing is you can use the ticket to go to Hawaii or anywhere in the Continental US the 48 states not including Alaska or Puerto Rico.[[/SIZE]/QUOTE]
15 years 9 months ago #1671

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

You are right RivasGlo, good information..hope this helps Mousespad...
15 years 9 months ago #1672

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

well why dont the reps that work there know that i sat on the phone with them for 30 min and still dont know what card they are sending me.

Maybe they were'nt trained well or just simply dont know.

I figured you would get the card you applied for unless stated otherwise on the application....

Sometimes, like Target will run your credit for their Target Visa first and if you dont qualify, they will see if you qualify for the Target Store Card and issue you that instead. Usually its stated at the beggining of the application what they will run your credit for first.

I agree w/ Yoyo. Its usually the benefits & apr.

I have the regular Chase Freedom Visa Card, and they wanted to upgrade me to the Chase Freedom Visa Signature card which all it was, I quote from the letter]"have the opportunity to receive preferred access to popular entertainment, sporting and dining events. Plus enjoy complimentary 24-hour concierge service and Zagat Survey restaurant ratings and reviews. Even receive hotel upgrades and special offers from many of your favorite retailers." [/I]and switch to have a credit access line instead of a credit limit and have no pre-set limit.

Those were just some examples. Again maybe the rep you spoke w/ didnt understand your question or was just plain dumb ;)
15 years 9 months ago #1673

this feels like a dumb thing to ask but i want to know whats the point of Platinum and Gold cards v.s standard cards?
whats the big deal?
i was reading about the Orchard Bank Premium card, the Orchard Bank Premium Platinum, and the Orchard Bank Classic Cards and its all the same info and no matter what they give you you still end up with only 300 CL.
i am lost cause i called and asked what card was being sent to me and the dude from over seas had no idea what i was talking about.
its like "we will put what ever writing you want on the card if you like" lol

well why dont the reps that work there know that i sat on the phone with them for 30 min and still dont know what card they are sending me.
15 years 9 months ago #1674

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Mousepad...some cards do have additional benefits e.g gold, platinum..if it's form AMEX, CHASE , BoFA. Sometime it includes extra insurance at no cost, lower APR's cashback etc.... Subprime cards usally don't have any additional benefits...1st Premier Gold, 1st Premier Platinum...no difference. They just like the way Gold looks as if you feel good about having the card LOL!!
15 years 9 months ago #1675

That's not new. A lot of creditors are asking for income verification nowadays especially when the consumer enters his/her income higher than $100,000. Creditors are afraid that they you are going to rack up the charges on the card and not pay them back.

I have not heard a creditor asking for income verification to verify your address or identity. I'd ask away from that bank if I were you, no card is worth putting yourself at risk for identity theft. That's why it's always good to apply for cards from reputable banks and credit unions.

Good Luck
15 years 9 months ago #1676

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Has anyone here ever heard of Pulaski Bank credit cards (pulaskibank.net). They are a small bank based in Arkansas and they offer a card with a 8.0% APR (beginning). They ask for proof of income (paystub) or if they are unable to verify phone a copy of a phone bill.

I just hadn't heard of a bank asking for this type of information when applying for a credit card. :confused: :dumbfounded:

TIA,
rwmtd
15 years 9 months ago #1677

this feels like a dumb thing to ask but i want to know whats the point of Platinum and Gold cards v.s standard cards?
whats the big deal?
i was reading about the Orchard Bank Premium card, the Orchard Bank Premium Platinum, and the Orchard Bank Classic Cards and its all the same info and no matter what they give you you still end up with only 300 CL.
i am lost cause i called and asked what card was being sent to me and the dude from over seas had no idea what i was talking about.
its like "we will put what ever writing you want on the card if you like" lol
15 years 9 months ago #1678

Meya, you got that right.:cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #1679
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

It's weird how I used to find all the cards that I searched for. Now, if I search Macy's from the FG homepage, it will say that it couldn't find any results. Maybe FG might know something about this.

When Fg changed (added) new tools for the search on the review board, some cards were listed by the banks instead of names. I had that problem with another card but Fg fixed it. I do remember Macy's not showing no matter which way I pulled it, I had to go through fair credit cards (or poor) to get it. Put this report under the site problems thread @
[URL]http ://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55[/URL]
and it will be addressed asap. Duuuh, I forgot that I am talking to an OG member, you know what to do : laugh :: laugh :: laugh:
15 years 9 months ago #1680