Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Orchard isn't considered as a card that's reasonable with CLI's neither is FPB.

Macy's and Capital One are great cards for rebuilding credit and receiving CLI's.
15 years 9 months ago #1441

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Well, Ive been re-building my credit so Ive had the Orchard Bank and First Premier as my first cards. Orchard denied me and First Premier only offers me a seperate credit line. Macys and Cap1 which are more recent have already given me CLIs.
15 years 9 months ago #1442

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Well, all the rep told me was that it can not be offered to me at this time and a letter will be sent out with a detail explaination. It kinda sucks cause the cards Ive had the longest dont want ot give me a CLI regardless if i called the backdoor number and Ive been in good standing.

What cc's do you have if you don't mind me asking?
15 years 9 months ago #1443
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by eric on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Id still like to know if Macy's could split off $500 of my store card and make a Macy's Visa then leave the other $700 available on my reg store card. Does anyone know Macy's backdoor #...I may give them a call tommorow about this or I mean today lol :relieved:
15 years 9 months ago #1444
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Dont feel bad, I was just told that today by:

1. Orchard ( I am bout to close them for good)
2. Tavelocity (they said wait 3 more months)
3. Jcpenny's (they just gave me a $200 cli, I was asking for more)
4. Walmart (Said my last cli was less than 4 months ago)
:upset:
15 years 9 months ago #1445

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Well, all the rep told me was that it can not be offered to me at this time and a letter will be sent out with a detail explaination. It kinda sucks cause the cards Ive had the longest dont want ot give me a CLI regardless if i called the backdoor number and Ive been in good standing.
15 years 9 months ago #1446

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Why were you denied a CLI? Did they give you a reason?

Yeh,...they have to give you a reasons....please ask why so you can improve or make changes!
15 years 9 months ago #1447

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Ive had perfect history with Orchard Bank and they didnt even consider me for a CLI, even if it had a fee. Actually when I did request for one the rep said that there was no charge if I got approved for a CLI, which i found odd because many people said that they had to pay a fee. Anyways, i was denied a CLI inthe end.

Why were you denied a CLI? Did they give you a reason?
15 years 9 months ago #1448
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I have had an Orchard Card for a year and have finally gotten it pif (this is one of my accounts that suffered during my rough patch). My question is how soon should I wait until I ask for a CLI? I currently have a limit of $300.00 and I also just opened up a savings account with HSBC which yields something like 3.50% APY.

To be honest it took them 2 yrs before they did an auto CLI, it may be worth asking but I dont know anyone who got a CLI over the phone for the Standard Orchard MC
15 years 9 months ago #1449
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Same here! I only pay my rent and credit one with a check. The rest are online, but I think I mis-spoken on creditors wanting checking account. I was trying to say the online bill pay through your checking account. Sorry!
15 years 9 months ago #1450
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

It really did

Well I have gotten extremely lazy when it comes to making payments...all of my payments are done via my billpay through my bank. My mortgage, Gas Bill, Electric Bill, Water Bill is either done through my bill pay of my bank and my other bills ie. credit cards are done on there website all but my Speedway Gas card which I use my bank billpay as well. The only check I write is for our car insurance every six months, our cable bill which includes our home phone and internet, and our Garbage/Sewer bill paid every 3 months. We only use 2 or 3 checks a month for about 15-20 bills a month we have lol. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #1451
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I think my last cli was a year ago. When they did approve me for $200, they wanted $50 for it and i went off on them then hung the phone up.
15 years 9 months ago #1452
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Orchard Bank is a great card for building a good payment history on your report but don't count on their CLI's. That's where the Tier 1 cards come in.

Got that right...take it from me...Ive had a Household (HSBC) Mastercard since 2001 and I started off with $300 CL...Im up to a $500 CL with ONE credit line increase...my Orchard Bank standard Mastercard was opened in 2005 with $300 CL and the same results as the Household MC, ONE CLI. Don't bother calling because they wont approve any CLI.

Like my bro HJM says...there good to use to rebuild but as your credit gets better and you get the Tier one cards it may be best to boot this out.

I may take my own advise on this one as well. :white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #1453
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

It really did:white-flag:
Sears need to come up in the world, but to tell the truth, I have a few bills that only takes checking accounts also.
15 years 9 months ago #1454
  • eric
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Could you use your Sears card at Kmart? They closed all Kmarts down in my area

Yes you can use and pay your Sears card at Kmart's...I usually pay our Sears card through my bank's billpay but if need be there is a kmart about 10 mins from my house where I can make a payment or use my card...also if you pay at Kmart, you can use your debit card to make a payment to your Sears account...I tried to pay our Account at Sears once with my debit and they said they needed a check or cash...Im sorry but I dont write many checks anymore when I can have my bank send a check for free...HOPE THIS HELPS MEYA :innocent:
15 years 9 months ago #1455