Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Orchard Bank is a great card for building a good payment history on your report but don't count on their CLI's. That's where the Tier 1 cards come in.
15 years 9 months ago #1456

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Ive had perfect history with Orchard Bank and they didnt even consider me for a CLI, even if it had a fee. Actually when I did request for one the rep said that there was no charge if I got approved for a CLI, which i found odd because many people said that they had to pay a fee. Anyways, i was denied a CLI inthe end.

When I first tried they told me no because my utilization with all my cards where too high. How is yours:confused:? I know they do a soft hit on credit.
15 years 9 months ago #1457

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Ive had perfect history with Orchard Bank and they didnt even consider me for a CLI, even if it had a fee. Actually when I did request for one the rep said that there was no charge if I got approved for a CLI, which i found odd because many people said that they had to pay a fee. Anyways, i was denied a CLI inthe end.
15 years 9 months ago #1458

I remember I tried to close my account and they offered me a $200 CLI with no charge. I took the CLI but closed it 2 months later because I didn't need the card at all. I didn't use the close account tactic to get a CLI, I really did want to close my account.
15 years 9 months ago #1459
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Most likely they will give you an increase but be prepared to pay for it, and dont expect a huge one. They will probably give you $100 and charge you $25 for it. This is just the usual amount that they offer, whoknows, you might get $200 and be charged $50.:worried:
15 years 9 months ago #1460

Rwmtd, have you tried calling them and asking for a CLI?
15 years 9 months ago #1461

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

I have had an Orchard Card for a year and have finally gotten it pif (this is one of my accounts that suffered during my rough patch). My question is how soon should I wait until I ask for a CLI? I currently have a limit of $300.00 and I also just opened up a savings account with HSBC which yields something like 3.50% APY.
15 years 9 months ago #1462
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Could you use your Sears card at Kmart? They closed all Kmarts down in my area:upset:
15 years 9 months ago #1463

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

So you can also apply at KMart adn get reviewed for HSBC if denied by Citi?????

I don't know for sure but if you go to the Kmart website and click on the link for credit cards, you will go to the site for Sears credit cards that are issued by Citi. Kmart is owned by Sears so I guess if you go to Kmart and apply for credit you will get the same card that you would get from Sears if you went to Sears and applied. Here is the link for Sears card]https://www.citibank.com/us/cards/srs/index.jsp[/URL]
15 years 9 months ago #1464

So you can also apply at KMart adn get reviewed for HSBC if denied by Citi?????
15 years 9 months ago #1465

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

THis Sears HSBC M/C, is it a part of HSBC retail services or their regular credit card program????

As far as I know, it is a regular HSBC card but the only way to apply for it its to apply for the Citi card and get declined for it. I checked several HSBC websites and I couldn't find it anywhere except the one site I already listed. Most HSBC cards allow you to apply online but this one doesn't. Also if you go to Sears and apply for the Citi card and get declined, it is automatic when HSBC reviews your app. I don't know if you can opt out of HSBC reviewing your app.
15 years 9 months ago #1466

THis Sears HSBC M/C, is it a part of HSBC retail services or their regular credit card program????
15 years 9 months ago #1467
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Acquiring an Amerian Express Card

Smcc, did you ever apply?
15 years 9 months ago #1468

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Meya, here is the link to Sears Solutions m/c
homepage]http://www.solutions.partnercardservices.com/ecare/home_nli[/URL]

HSBC and Sears? What a union...years back, maybe now, it's soooo hard to get a Sears card. I can't believe it!! A Sears/Kmart mastercard issued by HSBC...what the world is coming to? Your right Rob... the AF is lower than your reg / Orchard...let me know what happens. I used to shop at Sears so much, they would open the door for me when they saw me comming. Target was next. Don't shop much now trying to pay down bills, but thanks for this info...wow...:shocked:
15 years 9 months ago #1469

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions!!

Meya] I know rite! I would like an answer! I hope to get one!

Kmoney] I think the Rep I spoke w/ on 06/05/2008 just didnt do it correctly.

I called about an hr ago and spk w/ some guy who was having a hard time explaining what happened. I told him how I had prev called in to not auto upgrade and how they STILL DID! He was like "did you call in to opt out of CLI?" IM LIKE "NO" (thats why I didnt the prev rep didnt do it rite)!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know he didnt know what he was talkin about because each time I asked a question... He was like "HELLO? I cant hear you... are you still there"... (my cell does not have bad reception). Funny thing it only happened when I asked a question... Not when I was discussing normal things. He went on to saying how good it is to have an Access Line, how the CL DOES REPORT... I told him I was looking at my report and he got quiet and then said... "Hello? Ms. Rivas, you still there? There must b a bad connection".... I just kept telling him to undo the upgrade... And hes goes on to talking nonsense.... So I just hang up! :upset:

So now im just gonna wait for an answer and call them back later.

You know they are gonna upgrade you when you told them no and now no one has an answer as to why they did it.
15 years 9 months ago #1470