Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

saviola said]GE Money MC just lowered my limit from $24K to a measly $1600 bringing my account to within $50 of 100% utilization. All the reasons they site for this action based on their periodic review are almost fabricated and imaginary.

Once more, there's no credit analyst in their CS dept to vent off on and reason with, they say write. So I sent them a very nasty letter not caring where they shove their $1600.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/322874/?start=560
15 years 5 months ago #481
15 years 5 months ago #482

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

ok, So I Think Gemb Is Cutting Cl Across The Board On Their Cards That They Issue. First Walmart, Now Its Old Navy. I Went From A $400 Cl To $100 Cl. This Is Credit Murder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What The Hell Is Going On Over There At Gemb
15 years 5 months ago #483

My scores are also increasing as I pay off my debt and should be in the 700 club in February when I'm debt free.

thats good that your paying off dedt and you will get to the 700 club by FEBRUARY I AM PRAYING FOR YOU
15 years 5 months ago #484

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

OK, so I think GEMB is cutting CL across the board on their cards that they issue. First Walmart, now its Old Navy. I went from a $400 CL to $100 CL. This is CREDIT MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15 years 5 months ago #485

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Sounds like he has high utilization. $5,000 is a large balance in today's economic climate and I'm sure that he doesn't have a figure figure credit limit.
15 years 5 months ago #486
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Here is a nice article about a guy (and others) who has been hit by their banks when they said the same thing we do, "I paid them on time and well" or "I never missed a payment!"
http://www.walletpop.com/article/_a/bbdp/why-credit-card-fees-are-going-up/244552
15 years 5 months ago #487
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Ok, cool!:cool:
15 years 5 months ago #488

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

That's also why I have a Best Buy card. I will purchase and finance my appliances on the card that gives me a better overall deal including how long I will have to pay off the purchase without paying any interest.
15 years 5 months ago #489
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

That promo comes quite often on our billing statements and it is always in the store. I think you will be all good when that time come.
15 years 5 months ago #490

Yeah, that's the reason why I opened it up anyway. I know that I will have to buy appliances when I move out and I'll be able to take advantage of a no-interest promo when that time comes.
15 years 5 months ago #491
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

It shouldn't, they know that expensive purchases is necessary for that store.
15 years 5 months ago #492

I hope my Lowe's card doesn't end up that way.
15 years 5 months ago #493
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

As of last night, I was all good. So that was 3x's:laugh:

I feel you Rivas, that is an insult.
15 years 5 months ago #494

I wouldn't blame here, there's a lot of crazy activity going on with credit card accounts as we speak.
15 years 5 months ago #495