Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

OMG Rivas:shocked:! I am so sorry to hear that, seems like we have to check our accounts on a daily basis. Like FG said, "We need to focus on elliminating any balances (debt). We have to be prepared for the worse. This is so wrong, they are getting bail-outs and want to lower our limits too. This is like cake and ice-cream.:upset:
15 years 4 months ago #526

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Now I can join the club.

After reading so many posts about GEMB reducing lines, I looked at my Wal-mart statement and there was no change in my CL. For some reason something told me to check it online because of the recent CLD's.

Well what do you know..... My Wal-mart CL (opened 08/2007) was reduced from a measly $275 to $190! And guess what, my balance is $184![/quote]

Are you kidding me GEMB? You just gave me a CLI on my JCP from $300 to $1500!!!![/quote]
I'm sorry to hear about that and it seems that everyone can be affected by this.I just wish companies like Walmart and others do some re-evaluating of their own and consider other options besides this bank because somewhere down the line it can and will effect their business.They are shortchanging a lot good paying and responsible customers who has established or re-establish their credit with hard work.
15 years 4 months ago #527

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Now I can join the club.

After reading so many posts about GEMB reducing lines, I looked at my Wal-mart statement and there was no change in my CL. For some reason something told me to check it online because of the recent CLD's.

Well what do you know..... My Wal-mart CL (opened 08/2007) was reduced from a measly $275 to $190! And guess what, my balance is $184![/COLOR]

Are you kidding me GEMB? You just gave me a CLI on my JCP from $300 to $1500!!!! :dumbfounded:

This is my fourth card oldest card. Im going to pay off NOW and IDK whether to close it or wait till my next statement and ask for a CLI because I was scheduled to call them and request for one. :worried:
15 years 4 months ago #528

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Isn't that somethin'. :confused:
15 years 4 months ago #529

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

There has to be something wrong there. $18 credit line? Any details?

nope....... her credit line was reduced to 18 dollars and obviously its happening to a lot of people during my research and the customer service agent could not tell us anything but the company line about reevaluating customers credit files and worthiness.It seems that people with accounts with jcpenny are being reduced almost to the amount of their balance but in my sister's case she had no balance.I was fuming mad when we left the store.:upset:
15 years 4 months ago #530

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

There has to be something wrong there. $18 credit line? Any details?
15 years 4 months ago #531

Well, after analyzing(about 10 sec) my cards with gemb(3) with their low limits and mission to cld good paying accounts, i decided to close all three with no looking back.Yesterday i went to JCPENNY'S with my sister to buy items for her house and her kids.the items she bought amounted to a little over 500 dollars but at the checkout she was declined.to make a long story short,gemb lowered her credit limit from 3000(with no balance) to 18 dollars:upset:.my sister credit profile is clean and she is very sharp on they ways of credit.before she closed the account we pulled her fico scores and as stated before her credit was clean with a fico score between all of them in the 700's.that was all i could stand(like Popeye) with gemb and off to credit shredder permanent from me.
15 years 4 months ago #532

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Actually, my score was not dinged because of it. I paid it off and I put it in my sockdrawer of really old socks. I have to think of it as buisness, not a personal issue.

Well, you know, I just found out from personal experience that Amex backdates your year of account opening. So if you do what HJM did by closing the account before they have a chance to, you could always open a new one down the road when things improve and the new account will report the same year opened as your original Amex. Just something the chew on. I'd leave it open anyway, but HJM has a point about closing it before they do.
15 years 4 months ago #533
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

:laugh: :laugh: You are wrong for that one!
15 years 4 months ago #534

One down, many more to go! :white-flag:
15 years 4 months ago #535

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

SALUTE VISA

My card was closed by the bank....a rep said that the bank no longer wants to fund this card ...i now have no avaliable credit...He also said that it won't hurt my credit score. Had this card about 14 months. Oh well. Bank (urban trust in SD)]

Finally someone that has the ame situation as me. Although I couldnt get to a rep, I now have the answer as to why my ard was terminated. I figured something was up since I was in good terms with payments and then all of a sudden they closed it with no explaination. THANKS.
15 years 4 months ago #536

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

SALUTE VISA

My card was closed by the bank....a rep said that the bank no longer wants to fund this card ...i now have no avaliable credit...He also said that it won't hurt my credit score. Had this card about 14 months. Oh well. Bank (urban trust in SD)]
15 years 4 months ago #537

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Yeah but if they lower your credit line down to be at or below your balance that could hurt even more. Closing the account would be a hit on your score, but it would recover in a year or two. Almost worth it to prove a point to them that even the little guy won't be pushed around anymore.

Actually, my score was not dinged because of it. I paid it off and I put it in my sockdrawer of really old socks. I have to think of it as buisness, not a personal issue.
15 years 4 months ago #538

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

AmEx Delta Platinum SkyMiles: Initial CL $2,000, decreased to $1,500 after a year, then decreased to $600 the next year (Whats up with that???!!!)

Salute Visa: Recieved an ok offer for a subprime issuer ($1,000 Cl, no AF, no upfront fees). I used he card to pay my cellphone, cable and water bill once, been good on making more the minimum on payments. I received a letter today from them staing that my account has been terminated without an explaination. I tried calling the number given and all it said was that all reps are handling calls, blah, blah. Funny because I just received a week ago a mailing from them about if I make $10 more one the minimum payments will be eligible for bigger increases. I wa a bit puzzled but not really bothered. Only thing is that I stll have to pay the card eventhough I cant use it. BUt as my friend said one less to worry about. My scores may take a hit though, OUCH!!!!!!
15 years 4 months ago #539

This probably isn't funny, but American Express has that friendly little piano jingle when you log into your account, LOL they should probably do the Jaws theme instead or something equally sinister.

I have noticed that and it gets on my nerves everytime I hear it. Oh well, I won't be hearing it anymore since I don't have an account to log into. :laugh:
15 years 4 months ago #540