Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by AmyB98 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Paypal Buyer Credit CLD

I have had this account since 3/08 with a $500 cl. I always pay over the minimum due and I just checked today and they cld me to $350, $5 under my balance. This is stupid. No lates in over a year, all of my other accounts that were bad were pif before I even got the card. I am going to pay this off and then I am thinking about canceling the account. Do you think it would hurt my score if I close this account? I really don't want to fool with them anymore.
15 years 4 months ago #556

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Newegg Preferred Account- CLD from $2k to $300 ($0 balance)
AMEX Delta Skymiles- CLD from $1k to $500 (Called in and closed my account)
15 years 4 months ago #557

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Paypal Buyer Credit CLD

I suggest that you pay off the balance and sockdrawer the card for history.
15 years 4 months ago #558
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by Meya

I think this would be a great thread for those who have experienced the nightmare of their accounts being decreased, closed, or frozen. We have encountered or experienced these incident(s) through numerous members and its about time that we have answers. NO matter what the limit or situation was, it's time we put our heads together and speak out to others about what creditors are out to surprise us with.

Now days and times, we can not feel comfortable with charging our cards because creditors are judging us from where we shop, cutting our limits (some for no reason at all), raising our Apr's, or just flat closing our accounts. We worked together to help build our credit, now we must work together to inform each other, of what those cards can put us through. Please provide all the info you can so we can let each other know what type of "Luv" that the "Luv Button" has to offer. The excitements and smiles of approvals are now cheating us. How much "Luv" is that? Do we need it?:scared:
15 years 4 months ago #559