Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Ok well I got my letter stating the reasons of why I got a CLD on my GEMB Wal-mart Card...

Opened 08/2007

1. Age of Oldest Retail Trade (04/2007)
2. Age of Oldest Trade (01/2007)
3. Average Credit Utilization of Revolving Trades (a little under 50%)

I know I have high util. and I knew that would b one of the reasons but I was at around 65%+ a few months ago and now that it goes down they decide to pull this... Oh well I guess.
15 years 5 months ago #466

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

many companies are not doing too good
15 years 5 months ago #467

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Not too many companies are doing too good to say the least.
15 years 5 months ago #468

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I read in Forbes magazine that GE is not doing well as a whole, so that's probably the reason they are decreasing credit lines to limit exposure. Its in the October 27, 2008 edition and entitled GE: It's Worse Than You Think.:scared:
15 years 5 months ago #469

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

No, they owe me a credit line increase just in time for the holidays!

BofA is notoriuos for their huge CLI's, I forget, how long have you had that BofA Amex? They seem to do it at least once a year on my Visa.
15 years 5 months ago #470

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Those are the ones we need to be taught about credit. Then again, it might be too late.

I know or it's like they don't care and you just want to slap them upside the head.
15 years 5 months ago #471

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Those are the ones we need to be taught about credit. Then again, it might be too late.
15 years 5 months ago #472

I can't believe someone wouldn't use their cards for 8 years. What are they thinking!

I know, I see it all the time, someone will be in their 30's or 40's so youd think they would have some older accounts, lots of people close their old accounts, that is a huge mistake.
15 years 5 months ago #473

I can't believe someone wouldn't use their cards for 8 years. What are they thinking!
15 years 5 months ago #474

I know right? Look at him with that BofA, they need to start paying him royalties.

No, they owe me a credit line increase just in time for the holidays! :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #475

I was reading some of the posts from the link that Kiejon provided and I read that somebody had his HSBC card closed due to inactivity. Thing is, it had a CL of $8k and he said that it wasn't a huge loss for him. That guy must have credit lines over $20k while my largest CL is $3,550.

I was looking at credit reports today at work and I noticed that. These people had perfect credit but their GEMB accounts were "closed by credit grantor" the last dates of usage ranged from 1992-2000.

It is a good point to make that you need to keep your accounts active. A good rule of thumb is to make even a small purchase every six months.
15 years 5 months ago #476

What's up with GEMB and all these odd limits? :laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #477

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Geesh! They are really complaining over there. Makes you too scared to read them all. I am tired of signing in and out of my accounts, that may make them come after me wondering why I am so nosy

Yea, im doing that everyday too. LOL. They will prolly give me something to actually look at :shocked:

Wanna know whats funny? GEMB reduced my CL on my Wal-mart from $275 to $190 which gave me $5 available. I checked it yesterday and they increased my Cash Available Limit from $25 to $38... What they expect me to go into the store and get $5 cash back??!!
15 years 5 months ago #478
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Geesh! They are really complaining over there. Makes you too scared to read them all. I am tired of signing in and out of my accounts, that may make them come after me wondering why I am so nosy:fun:.
15 years 5 months ago #479

I was reading some of the posts from the link that Kiejon provided and I read that somebody had his HSBC card closed due to inactivity. Thing is, it had a CL of $8k and he said that it wasn't a huge loss for him. That guy must have credit lines over $20k while my largest CL is $3,550.
15 years 5 months ago #480