Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Great minds think alike:innocent:
15 years 5 months ago #451

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Rivas and HJM has a mind thing going on, or is it just FG

What mind thing? :confused: :dumbfounded:
15 years 5 months ago #452

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Well, you'll never know until you hear about them going out of business like WaMu did. I'm talking about all banks in general, not just Chase.
15 years 5 months ago #453

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Not too many companies are doing too good to say the least.

Chase seems to be doing okay in this climate.
15 years 5 months ago #454

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

:cool:
15 years 5 months ago #455
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

You are both correct, it is TU! Rivas and HJM has a mind thing going on, or is it just FG?:innocent:
15 years 5 months ago #456

Hey Guys,

Quick question does anyone know who Hooters pulls?

From what I know, TU.
15 years 5 months ago #457

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Hey Guys,

They pulled TU for me.
15 years 5 months ago #458

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Hey Guys,

15 years 5 months ago #459

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

OMG I think so too!

"GE MONEY BANK and Walmart would like to thank you for being a valued Walmart cardholder. Based on a recent review of your credit history, we have decided to lower your credit limit to $190."

Im not so valued no more. Imma just keep it open. I use it mainly for my contacts cause they are expensive since im blind as a bat :fun:
15 years 5 months ago #460

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I just received a letter for my Old Navy account and the reasons are nearly identical. I for one think that this is a universal letter that is given out. I dont think my utilization had anything to do with my Old Navy account as I only had a small balance. Whats even more sickening is the opening sentence of the letter (GEMB and Old Navy would like to thank you for being a loyal customer....). HOW RUDE!!!!!

Ha! It is a bit of a slap in the face isn't it? Won't be very good for GEMB to lose all of their cardholder's.
15 years 5 months ago #461

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Ok well I got my letter stating the reasons of why I got a CLD on my GEMB Wal-mart Card...

Opened 08/2007

1. Age of Oldest Retail Trade (04/2007)
2. Age of Oldest Trade (01/2007)
3. Average Credit Utilization of Revolving Trades (a little under 50%)

I know I have high util. and I knew that would b one of the reasons but I was at around 65%+ a few months ago and now that it goes down they decide to pull this... Oh well I guess.

I just received a letter for my Old Navy account and the reasons are nearly identical. I for one think that this is a universal letter that is given out. I dont think my utilization had anything to do with my Old Navy account as I only had a small balance. Whats even more sickening is the opening sentence of the letter (GEMB and Old Navy would like to thank you for being a loyal customer....). HOW RUDE!!!!!
15 years 5 months ago #462

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Ok well I got my letter stating the reasons of why I got a CLD on my GEMB Wal-mart Card...

Opened 08/2007

1. Age of Oldest Retail Trade (04/2007)
2. Age of Oldest Trade (01/2007)
3. Average Credit Utilization of Revolving Trades (a little under 50%)

I know I have high util. and I knew that would b one of the reasons but I was at around 65%+ a few months ago and now that it goes down they decide to pull this... Oh well I guess.

I'd be interested to know what those retailers have to say about this (Wal-Mart CLD and JC Penney higher APR's). I read that Neiman Marcus is not happy with HSBC and might dump them after their contract is over. That is what happens when they sell off their bank though-they lose some control.
15 years 5 months ago #463

Don't feel bad, just keep the account open and we're out of this recession, GEMB will reinstate your credit limit and give you a CLI for being a loyal customer. Just hang in there.
15 years 5 months ago #464
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Now that is a trip, my Macy's and Jcpennys card goes as high as 90% util. I think that they should not judge you on how you use your cards as long as they see that the balances are paid down in a short period of time. Even if you choose to pay it off over a long period of time, Walmart does not even fit into the category of lowering someones limit because they don't offer enough cl as it is. We can't help it if other creditors see that we qualify for higher limits and we choose to conduct good shopping habits with them. How can a $400 or less cl offerer get mad at that?
15 years 5 months ago #465