Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

True! Also, its not like its love lost because I never heard anyone talking about redeeming points and benefits anyways. Its just a rebuilder card that gave out nice limits once upon a time.
15 years 4 months ago #406

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

IFunny, because I dont know whether to feel angry or not about the whole thing.

You don't need a Hooters card when you got cards with BOA and Citi.
15 years 4 months ago #407

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

What :shocked:

Hooters? Thats like insane... IDK all creditors are freaking out...

We here didnt expect GEMB to do this and now Hooters?
15 years 4 months ago #408

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

This should be a lesson for all of us right now. No new applications until mid next year. Very scary.

I really only got 1 account open since August. None since then. So for them to make that excuse to close my account is really puzzling. Funny, because I dont know whether to feel angry or not about the whole thing.
15 years 4 months ago #409
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

This should be a lesson for all of us right now. No new applications until mid next year. Very scary.

You have never lied, I am so glad that the luv button fever have left me. Thanks to everyone here! I might have to put my tier one spree on hold until this madness is over with.:worried:
15 years 4 months ago #410

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I have heard about that where AMEX backdates new accounts. I will never waste another inquiry on an AMEX product because they are very bi-polar. They are cool with you today but your worst enemy the next day.

Yeah, I have heard the horror stories. So far so good, and I never had a problem with my old Gold Card either.
15 years 4 months ago #411

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I have heard about that where AMEX backdates new accounts. I will never waste another inquiry on an AMEX product because they are very bi-polar. They are cool with you today but your worst enemy the next day.
15 years 4 months ago #412

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I haven't applied for credit since September.

Me too, and I know you hate them, but it was with Amex and it shows on my bureau as opened in 1999 God I love that.

I have been where all of you are now though, I think I was approved for 16 new accounts (one was an auto loan) between 1999 and 2001 :innocent: And I had my share of denials because of the amount of new accounts and inquiries, but I have long since stopped.
15 years 4 months ago #413

I haven't applied for credit since September.
15 years 4 months ago #414

15 years 4 months ago #415

True, can't argue with that.
15 years 4 months ago #416
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

They are actually making us, the consumer, look like that:laugh:
15 years 4 months ago #417

Creditors currently look like chickens running around with their heads cut off.
15 years 4 months ago #418
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

HOOTERS JUST CLOSE MY ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its been in good standing.

The reason

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: Now what is really going on around here? I just took Hooter's to the "Max" nearly a couple of months ago and I applied with Kays, and Citibank recently. now I am about to start biting on my nails. IF they close mines oh well, its only been about 1 year with them anyway. This is a credit disaster story for today.
15 years 4 months ago #419

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

HOOTERS JUST CLOSE MY ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its been in good standing.

The reason

Sorry to hear, this is why I am avoiding credit at all costs. I cannot live with uncertainity, its too stressful. I'd rather know I don't have not have something available to me at all, than to think it is and be depending on it, only to be pimp slapped :scared:. I think not. I will continue to be a loyal FG member, but the heck with credit for me right now.
15 years 4 months ago #420