Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

This will be my second time today. Once I read these new postings, I am going to check my accounts again

Lol, Meya girl you know you're alright.
15 years 5 months ago #496

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

My scores are also increasing as I pay off my debt and should be in the 700 club in February when I'm debt free.
15 years 5 months ago #497

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Maybe initial credit lines will be smaller then they were?

What a $10 dollar CL!

My Wal-mart started at $125, that is a joke and got up to almost $300 just for it to go back down a year later to $190!

:upset: :upset: :upset: :upset:

My scores are not even flunctuating (sp?)... They are increasing as I pay off large sums of debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
15 years 5 months ago #498
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

This will be my second time today. Once I read these new postings, I am going to check my accounts again.:confused:
15 years 5 months ago #499

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Not only that, the internet is going to be flooded with people checking their accounts on daily basis. If not 3 or 4 times per day

I know right? I check my American Express everyday. :worried: So far, so good.
15 years 5 months ago #500

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Question! If this is the case, then why are they still approving new accounts with poor scores or whatever type you may have? I think it is very contradicting to cld a good paying customer and offer a new cl to a another. Let's say for instance, a few months ago, my friend was approved for a walmart card, her scores are very low and she still has a few old baddies left. How in carnation would GEMB give that person a chance, but cld someone who they see for a fact is paying them faithfully? I just don't get it.

Good question especially since a new customer does not have any history with them. Maybe initial credit lines will be smaller then they were? GEMB doesn't make sense too often anyway it seems! :cool:
15 years 5 months ago #501

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I've closed all the accounts without benefits including AMEX. The way I see it is that I will get denied if I apply for a new card so that's what keeps me away from applying for any cards.
15 years 5 months ago #502

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Yup yup, I might even close some stupid accts (target, walmart...) I dont need if I dont get CLI...

I dont think ill apply for credit. Unless I see an offer I cannot resist lol.
15 years 5 months ago #503

RivasGlo, I'm with the same mindset as you are. I will not be applying for any cards until next December and I should see 50% of my inquiries fall off within the next 6-7 months.
15 years 5 months ago #504

I missed that one, sorry! I guess HSBC will cut your limit if you're opening new accounts meaning that you are out there applying for new credit for you to rack-up charges that you will not be able to pay back. That's what they would think with the current economic climate.

The last account I got was the Hooters MC and that was 06/2008. All of next year is gonna consist of alot of inquiries falling off and for that I cannot wait! :cheesing:
15 years 5 months ago #505

Question! If this is the case, then why are they still approving new accounts with poor scores or whatever type you may have? I think it is very contradicting to cld a good paying customer and offer a new cl to a another. Let's say for instance, a few months ago, my friend was approved for a walmart card, her scores are very low and she still has a few old baddies left. How in carnation would GEMB give that person a chance, but cld someone who they see for a fact is paying them faithfully? I just don't get it.

They want to gain new customers and when they CLD their current customers, they hope that their current customers don't close their accounts. They are looking for a win-win situation.
15 years 5 months ago #506
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

See, this is too bad, because now people are afraid to use their cards.

Not only that, the internet is going to be flooded with people checking their accounts on daily basis. If not 3 or 4 times per day!:worried:
15 years 5 months ago #507
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

You all have to remember, the economy is really bad right now. A lot of these banks are struggling. In order to lend us money, they have to borrow money; and the banks just aren't lending each other money right now. I am not saying that this is right and yes, they are ticking a lot of people off, but these banks are almost being forced to because they don't have the money to lend.

:confused:
15 years 5 months ago #508

I missed that one, sorry! I guess HSBC will cut your limit if you're opening new accounts meaning that you are out there applying for new credit for you to rack-up charges that you will not be able to pay back. That's what they would think with the current economic climate.
15 years 5 months ago #509

I also feel that they are targeting Wal-mart...

I wanted to order something from Sephora and use my JCP Card to show some usage... But im scared that any type of activity will cause a CLD. I just went from $300 to $1500 and I dont want to loose it

See, this is too bad, because now people are afraid to use their cards.
15 years 5 months ago #510