Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I have heard this happening to a lot of people for the same reason. Sorry to hear about that cireone, life goes on.
15 years 4 months ago #421

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

HOOTERS JUST CLOSE MY ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its been in good standing.

The reason:
"Too many recently opened accounts."
Ths is just BS. I havent opened an account in so many months.Just a stupid reason to get me off their list. Oh well, another one bites the dust.
15 years 4 months ago #422

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Aww shucks! :innocent:
15 years 4 months ago #423
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Got it from the best. HJM331!
15 years 4 months ago #424

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

{cough ...link..cough} https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/clubs/music/

Meya look at you being sly
15 years 4 months ago #425
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

15 years 4 months ago #426

Actually, I write music. :cheesing:
15 years 4 months ago #427

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

That is a perfect idea for a Southwest commercial. The woman's card gets declined with the embarrassing expression on her face and then you hear the narrator say "Wanna get away?"

Screw Sears HJM, you could get a gig writing commercials :laugh:
15 years 4 months ago #428

That is a perfect idea for a Southwest commercial. The woman's card gets declined with the embarrassing expression on her face and then you hear the narrator say "Wanna get away?" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
15 years 4 months ago #429

My WAMU Visa was closed with no notice just this month by the bank due to inactivity. I hadn't used it since I paid it off in Jan. 2007. Nice of them to tell me! I didn't find out until I was making a purchase and got declined!! I was mortified

That is weak. Now, did your current card expire and they did not send you a new one? If the card was still valid then there is no excuse for that. I thought by law they were required to alert you of adverse (closing the account) action. I had a card that was re-issue declined; meaning my current card expired and since I had not used it they did not send me a new one.

Anyway, I know I am going to hell for this, but I get a sick satisfaction of seeing people's cards being declined :embarrassed: Yes, it has happened to me because my (at the time) credit union was janky and their network was down. But this weekend, oh man, this woman was at the grocery store in front of me and not only was her debit card declined ("we got paid today!") but so was her Chase Southwest Airlines card (yeah, I looked). It isn't so much funny when a card is declined-it is when people become indignant that it pleases me so much. ("your card scanner must not be working!") yet, my Discover scanned effortlessly :cheesing:
15 years 4 months ago #430

GEMB is actually struggling right now and they are lowering the limits of their current customers. They are not as bad as AMEX, but you should still be happy with what you got.
15 years 4 months ago #431

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

No love from my GEMB JCPenney account. I called this morning and went through the automated system for a CLI and they it was denied, so I backed out, went to the main menu and pushed 0 for an operator. I got a very nice lady on the phone who told me that she could see the CLI was denied, but she didn't have access to see the reason why and I would receive a letter in the mail in 7-10 business days. I will let every1 know as soon as I receive that letter what it was all about.

I am still pretty upset with them, I know if they check my CB report they will see that my total utilization is only at 27% percent. And I have already paid my new Cap One (that I got in Nov) off twice.

Will wait to see what the final is on that....
15 years 4 months ago #432

Replied by ronsboo on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

My WAMU Visa was closed with no notice just this month by the bank due to inactivity. I hadn't used it since I paid it off in Jan. 2007. Nice of them to tell me! I didn't find out until I was making a purchase and got declined!! I was mortified:scared:
15 years 4 months ago #433
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Good Lord Charonh! But you know what, I've seen them drop worse than yours, so I think I would hold on with them. These creditors are killing me with how they do the good consumers, but yet they are out taking chances on those with reports less fortunate as yours.

As for GEMB, yeah they are really trippin. I have heard so many stories on them until it is pathetic.
15 years 4 months ago #434

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Ok, you guys I am officially done with credit. I received a letter from Citibank today informing me that my Citi Flex Line of Credit was being decreased from 9500 to 8400. I was already contemplating closing this account along with the home depot mastercard. Them doing this to me, made it final. Between other creditors saying I had too much credit and this, I figured I'd killed two birds with one stone. I opened both of them right under a year ago. As far as my score goes, it will recover eventually, I don't plan on opening any new accounts for the next two years. By the way the reason stated for the decrease was too many recent inquiries, whatever, I think I may have six, including the two from them for those two accounts. I'm not upset, just done with this whole credit fiasco for awhile.

hey, i understand what you going throught because of my recent experience with gemb.I decided to close all three cards with them with their low limits and deal with the temporary loss of points and moved on to open two capital one cards(I'm glad i did) with no annual fees.
15 years 4 months ago #435