Credit Scores

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Credit Scores

I think that one of the main reasons that my scores are good is watching my friends screw up. One didn't work after he lost his job (he didn't bother to look for one for a good year and lived on credit cards), the other just trusted people he shouldn't have.
15 years 9 months ago #346

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Congrats Elwaren! One day we all will get there but for now, my mini goal is to get to 650 and then 660 and then 675. I doubt that I will hit the 700 magic number until next year some time

HJM331, I just got a Myfico coupon code in my email for 20% of all 3 of the scores from MyFico.com. It is 'summer20'. I believe this brings the price of all 3 of your Fico (real scores) down to around $37. This is a good deal for those who want to know what all of their scores are.

It is good up to 7/31/08.
15 years 9 months ago #347
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

Great info Shark! Here's a link to back all the info you posted]http://www.myfico.com/Products/FICOKit/Description.aspx[/URL]

Thanks for the link hjm331, you should add this to your resources for future reference. It will really help out the next person (as well as myself)
15 years 9 months ago #348
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Yep I will. Meya's post at the beginning of this thread was a great reminder to me not to apply for cards until I'm ready. My CU just declined my ap for a credit card. The main reason was my defaulted St.Loans. I now realize that they will be a problem. I currently have a repayment plan with them and I am trying to get into the rehab program which lasts for 9mths after which they remove the collection status from your report.

My Equifax is clean except for 1 paid collection which I will be working on to see if the OC will delete and my student loans. I have just proven to myself that paying down your cards combined with agressively seeking and getting CLIs can do wonders to your FICO in a short time

Intellectually, I always knew this but I had to get the will to do it for myself and now that I have seen it, all the cards go out of the wallet except my gas card and one card. for the next 3mths, aftee which I will rotate.

I do have several recurring charges on each of my cards to keep them active so that 's good, I just won't be charging on them. I have my utilization rate to around39% now. Next 8wks, I'm looking to get it to 29% after which I know that I should expect an increase in pts.

I'm doing this through agressively seeking CLIS from Cap1, Sam's, Macy's, Chevron and paying down.

You are on the ball Shark6, sometimes we have to bump our heads in order to see clearly. But it is ok though, let the decline kiss you where the sun does not shine because you are building a brighter financial road right about now and that is all that matters. Your experience will be of great value for the next person. At least you will be able to share real life experience with members in question, which will give them heads up, and fewer inqs. I am so glad that you are with us!

Ps, oohh yes, those student loans are a p.i.t.a :white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #349
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

You go Eldarwen

She got it going on!
15 years 9 months ago #350
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Meya, no, Suze Orman does not monitor but it is one stop shopping to get all 3 of your real Fico scores. She also has a dispute writer and a feature that lets you check off all the items on your report that you would like to dispute and then it collates them on one page which is pre-written for you.

It sells for around $47 or $49 but witht he discount codes, you can get it for around $38 which equals about $12 per Ficoand report.

Thanks for the info Sharks6, this will really be helpful for those who are about to sign up with myfico. I had this problem when I used the 30 day trial, I did not know what to chose. Hjm331 (and I think Porgy) is the one who helped me select the right one.
15 years 9 months ago #351

Yep I will. Meya's post at the beginning of this thread was a great reminder to me not to apply for cards until I'm ready. My CU just declined my ap for a credit card. The main reason was my defaulted St.Loans. I now realize that they will be a problem. I currently have a repayment plan with them and I am trying to get into the rehab program which lasts for 9mths after which they remove the collection status from your report.

My Equifax is clean except for 1 paid collection which I will be working on to see if the OC will delete and my student loans. I have just proven to myself that paying down your cards combined with agressively seeking and getting CLIs can do wonders to your FICO in a short time

Intellectually, I always knew this but I had to get the will to do it for myself and now that I have seen it, all the cards go out of the wallet except my gas card and one card. for the next 3mths, aftee which I will rotate.

I do have several recurring charges on each of my cards to keep them active so that 's good, I just won't be charging on them. I have my utilization rate to around39% now. Next 8wks, I'm looking to get it to 29% after which I know that I should expect an increase in pts.

I'm doing this through agressively seeking CLIS from Cap1, Sam's, Macy's, Chevron and paying down.
15 years 9 months ago #352

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Scores

My Fico just went up! It is sitting at 731! It's close to what my origional score was.

You go Eldarwen
15 years 9 months ago #353

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Congrats Shark6. You're on your way up, keep up the good work.
15 years 9 months ago #354

You're on it HJM331, thanks!

I have good news. I have just received notification that my FICO Equifax scores have increased by 9 pts. I believe that it is a direct effect of me paying down some of my cards and getting over $5,400 in CLIs in the past 3 wks.

I called Equifax last week and disputed the reporting CLs and balances that were not reporting as up to date. I didn't want to wait until the Aug billing.

I believe that my scores will go up again when the remainder is reported and yet again when the available credit from Jared's and Kay Jewelers report.

My goal is to get Eq and TU to 651 by mid Aug and Experian to at least 620.
15 years 9 months ago #355

Great info Shark! Here's a link to back all the info you posted:

http://www.myfico.com/Products/FICOKit/Description.aspx
15 years 9 months ago #356

Meya, no, Suze Orman does not monitor but it is one stop shopping to get all 3 of your real Fico scores. She also has a dispute writer and a feature that lets you check off all the items on your report that you would like to dispute and then it collates them on one page which is pre-written for you.

It sells for around $47 or $49 but witht he discount codes, you can get it for around $38 which equals about $12 per Ficoand report.
15 years 9 months ago #357

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Credit Scores

What is hurting my scores is I have a 3 year old credit history, I have applied and got approved for 5 credit cards in about 9 months, I do have a balance on five of them. I know how to raise my scores a little bit. Pay off the small balances off, then work on the big balance, let everything age more. It is hard work maintaining a credit score like mine and it will be more hard work to get to 760.
15 years 9 months ago #358
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

My Fico just went up! It is sitting at 731! It's close to what my origional score was.

Get out of here! A lot of us is trying our hardest to get there:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #359

Eldarwen, what's hurting your scores right now?
15 years 9 months ago #360