Credit Scores

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Scores

Kmoney- What I did for my daughter who had no credit was to add her on to my 5 yr Capital One account early last year.

When she applied for credit, she had that line so she was approved for an AMex and other cards.

I know that Fico08 is suppose to be phasing out counting AU's credit scores but it hasn't happened yet. If you have a parent or relative who has great credit and would be willing to add you to one of their lines, I would say in about 3-4mths, you would be able to get a prime card.

Many thanks for your advice Shark6
15 years 9 months ago #391

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Kmoney- What I did for my daughter who had no credit was to add her on to my 5 yr Capital One account early last year.

When she applied for credit, she had that line so she was approved for an AMex and other cards.

I know that Fico08 is suppose to be phasing out counting AU's credit scores but it hasn't happened yet. If you have a parent or relative who has great credit and would be willing to add you to one of their lines, I would say in about 3-4mths, you would be able to get a prime card.
15 years 9 months ago #392

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Scores

Cireone, the scores you need to take into consideration are the ones that you buy from myfico.com. Those are the scores that all of the lenders take into consideration in order to make a decision on your loan, credit card, mortgage application. Your Transunion (TU) FICO score may be higher than the score you are looking at right now because the FICO scoring system develops scores differently than others.

My source for my scores (Ex:606, EQ:606, TU:606) is from CreditSecure (AmEx) which is serviced through Experian. WaMu still has my TransUnion score as a 689. Both update their reports monthly. So which one is actually true or near to it?????
15 years 9 months ago #393

I will do that
15 years 9 months ago #394

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Apply for the Hooters card again when you have 6 consecutive months of solid payment history.
15 years 9 months ago #395

About a month old. I know I don't have age on my cc's yet
15 years 9 months ago #396

How old is your oldest credit card since you started re-building your credit?
15 years 9 months ago #397

Not enough credit history
15 years 9 months ago #398

KMoney, what was the reason for denial?
15 years 9 months ago #399

I know
15 years 9 months ago #400

KMoney, if you want to see your scores increase, the first thing you need to do is stop applying for credit cards. You have to wait until your inquiries fall off and don't go on an spree. Some people go on an app spree to celebrate the fact that all of their inquiries have fallen off. What they don't know is that they worked so hard at not applying for any cards and once they go on an app spree, all that hard work has gone to waste. Remember, only apply for credit when you need it because if you have too many inquiries and new accounts, it will haunt you at the time of application for a credit card, mortgage, auto loan, etc.
15 years 9 months ago #401
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

:shocked: With who? Go and enroll in the credit addicts club NOW! No excuses. We are reading a book, so go and take a look at the book Eldarwen suggested.:upset:
15 years 9 months ago #402

KMoney, have you applied for new cards lately?

Yes I did and I was denied
15 years 9 months ago #403

KMoney, have you applied for new cards lately?
15 years 9 months ago #404

When should I begin to see changes for my credit score?
15 years 9 months ago #405