Credit Scores

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Cireone, the scores you need to take into consideration are the ones that you buy from myfico.com. Those are the scores that all of the lenders take into consideration in order to make a decision on your loan, credit card, mortgage application. Your Transunion (TU) FICO score may be higher than the score you are looking at right now because the FICO scoring system develops scores differently than others.
15 years 9 months ago #406

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Scores

The only thing Im really hurting from is the TransUnion score. It was my highest and now its even with the other two.
15 years 9 months ago #407

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

New accounts and new inquiries always hurt your score. Your score increases when those inquiries fall off and those new accounts age and hit the one year mark.
15 years 9 months ago #408

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Scores

WOW, so going on an app spree last month cost me and also gave me. My updated report had a positive and negative change accoridng to CreditSecure.

June 08:
Experian 606
Equifax 587
TransUnion 663

July 08:
Experian 606
Equifax 606
TransUnion 606

Although my scores are even now, I have dropped on my TransUnion (once highest score) and gained on the Equifax once lowest score).
Do you think it was for all the inquiries, as I have no new derogatory accounts????
15 years 9 months ago #409

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Is it just me or...

It's the fact that my spending was getting a little out of control and didn't want to get myself really in debt. I just am really paranoid about my identity. I have put off an action plan to get rid of debt long enough. I want to stay in the 700 club and get up to a 760 in a year!
15 years 10 months ago #410

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Is it just me or...

It's seems to me that you are not obsessing over your Fico scores, but taking charge of your good credit and keeping it that way. After my BK in 03, it took me till end of 06 to start to look at my credit...i was too scared to do so. But after overcoming my fears, I start taking charge. It's a good thing to monitor your credit...with your good scores..you are preventing yourself from idenity theft. My brother told me the same thing about paying off the small debt and working yourself up. I'm in the process of doing that now. So..you doing good. I don't think otherwise...:fun:Inquires just started to hurt my score..remember everyone credit is different..If I pay off a small debt, it might just add 5 points and not 19. I wished I would have started sooner than later...well I finally grew-up. Wish you well...:white-flag:
15 years 10 months ago #411

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Is it just me or...

I don't know if it is just me, but doesn't it seem like you get the bad stuff quicker than the good? What happened to me is that ever since I got my first FICO (was at 736) it steadily dropped (to 702) because of inquires and doing balace transfers (I expected that but not to drop it by quite that much), then it gets raised by 19 points (I am in payoff mode here). But when the 19 point jump came from paying off a small chunk of debt. I think that part of the problem is that my credit history is just a shade under three years old and so the dips are much greater and I am using just one credit card. But I am going to try and not obsess over the dips and everything. American Express and Victoria's Secret are almost paid off ($50 if that between the two of them). I think that will increase I score a bit. It's just the fact that I have had my score watch for three months and I have seen more bad news on it than good. It just seems like the negitives are reported much quicker than the good. Okay, this probably makes no sense to anybody. I am tackling the smallest balances first before I really work on the big balance (which is on Discover).
15 years 10 months ago #412
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Cards to Add Requests

My FICO score has dropped because of inquiries, but it will bounce back because I am paying off my current debt and I am not applying for more credit cards.

This is the main reason why I do not trip when my scores drop. They are like bouncing balls anyway, as long as I know that I am doing the right thing, I don't let it bother me. Why should I trip how long it takes, I am not trying to prove anything to the next creditor anyway. I am not out applying for nothing anytime soon.
15 years 10 months ago #413

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Cards to Add Requests

Eldarwen, you are doing the right thing! You will see a big increase in about 6-12 months. Good luck!
15 years 10 months ago #414

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Cards to Add Requests

My FICO score has dropped because of inquiries, but it will bounce back because I am paying off my current debt and I am not applying for more credit cards.
15 years 10 months ago #415

Replied by hjm331 on topic Dexx, we have similiar scores

Dexx, we have similiar scores and some of the cards. I also have the AMEX Delta Skymiles card and 2 Capital One cards. Like I said before, just keep working on your payments and time will raise your score. Also, applying for more credit and opening new accounts will hurt your scores so it doesn't help your score at all and some people may think it helps. If you have any questions, just post them or send me a message and I'll be glad to help you out. Everyone on this site is cool too so you will be making some new friends and learning vital info at the same time.

Good Luck
15 years 11 months ago #416

Replied by Dexx on topic Hey Dexx. What's up man?

Hey Dexx. What's up man? You have good cards keep up good work. Just make your payments on time and let time work its magic.

Good Luck

Thx man. Ill do just that.
15 years 11 months ago #417

Replied by hjm331 on topic Hey Dexx. What's up man?

Hey Dexx. What's up man? You have good cards keep up good work. Just make your payments on time and let time work its magic.

Good Luck
15 years 11 months ago #418

Replied by Dexx on topic Im new to the forum.

Im new to the forum. Ive applied and received the usual Hooters for 500, Amex Delta sky Miles for 1000, 2 Capital ones for 1000 and 500, HSBC American Dream for 1500 .My credit scores across the board is in the 650 range.

However, the card that really surprised me, with the highest limit so far is Cabela Club Visa for 3k, no annual fee!, low apr. I was surprised when it came in the mail yesterday. I think it worth checking out. Check this one out guys.
15 years 11 months ago #419
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic If the creditor does not

If the creditor does not respond back to the cb in a certain amount of time (usually 30 days) then yes the will remove it. And if they find you in favor, or what you are disputing is correct, then yes. They dont just remove because you say so. I know another member here told me that in Texas, they remove whatever you dispute. I am in California so they verify information with the creditor first.
:scared: :scared:
15 years 11 months ago #420