• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

You are so correct, and thanks for the response. :white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #316

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Credit Scores

Meya you have been saying this to all of us since I have been a member, maybe not using the same words but the message always comes over loud and clear!

Thing is Meya everyone here is probably in that mode, one on time payment at a time, one day at a time, one credit line increase at a time.....
15 years 9 months ago #317
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

No Shark6, one day you will get PAST those scores! One on time payment at a time, one day at a time. One day you will look at those scores and say "been there, done that"

This is the most positive message that I have heard thus far! Love ya for that one.:embarrassed:
15 years 9 months ago #318
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Checked Experian Last night

Get out of here, you have it going on!:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #319

No Shark6, one day you will get PAST those scores! One on time payment at a time, one day at a time. One day you will look at those scores and say "been there, done that" :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #320

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Credit Scores

SMCC, you have incredible scores. One day, I will get there.
15 years 9 months ago #321

Checked Experian Last night: 718
Checked Equifax Last night: 713

Is there anyway to get your TU score without having to buy the monitoring package and then declining it once you find your score?

Thanks Everyone.
15 years 9 months ago #322

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

I agree.
15 years 9 months ago #323
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Amen to that one:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #324

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Credit Scores

I wonder how the new FICO scoring system is going to label us? I believe they are going up to 950, so what happens to those who were in the 800's? Will they be considered as good credit instead of excellent?

That will probably put me back into the "poor" category since I have been working to get out of the "fair" category into the "good". I hope FICO gives us a heads up when it goes into effect.:confused:
15 years 9 months ago #325

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Credit Scores

I don't want to worry, I am just going to see what happens. The only thing that I can do is keep plugging away at my balances and that will help me a great deal.
15 years 9 months ago #326
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

That is about how i am on my dept store cards. I just play with them for a couple of months, you know the "Here is your $10 min payment for the month" and then the next month I either pay it off or go another round. You will get to the 800 club soon, as a matter of fact we all are going to get there because I feels some really serious, dedicated, financial managing going on in here. I wonder how the new FICO scoring system is going to label us? I believe they are going up to 950, so what happens to those who were in the 800's? Will they be considered as good credit instead of excellent?
:confused: :worried:
15 years 9 months ago #327

I want to get to the 800 club in about a year. I have to pay off AMEX ($120), Victoria's Secret ($50) Chase Freedom ($100). Those are the ones with low balances and that will help my score. Then I will have to keep them sock drawered so they don't have balances often. Sears Mastercard has been paid off for a while. Discover and Chase Amazon do have high balances. Especially Discover because of transfers.
15 years 9 months ago #328
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Me? If so, I am 56 points away and I am going to be lower than that by Aug when my statements goes in......lol, high util for right now.
15 years 9 months ago #329

How far away from the 700 club are you?
15 years 9 months ago #330