Credit Scores

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Credit Scores

I dont have an accoutn with myfico.com. I know Ive read that the site is the most legit one. But that score doesnt even come close to the other credit score monitoring services I have.

Remember, credit scores from monitoring companies are only estimates of your true FICO's. On another Thread, I've explained to buy your true FICO score first, then fine a monitoring service that has your scores closest to your FICO. FICO's is around $15.95 per score/ $45 for all three. I have dropped a few services, CreditKeepers, BOfA, Credit Diagnosis, ...they all were about 50 points off my true FICO's. Hope this helps......:fun:
15 years 9 months ago #376

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Scores

I dont have an accoutn with myfico.com. I know Ive read that the site is the most legit one. But that score doesnt even come close to the other credit score monitoring services I have.
15 years 9 months ago #377

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Cireone, did you pull the 358 point score from myfico.com?

I heard Transunion was updating their system these past couple of weeks so I might be an error.
15 years 9 months ago #378

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Scores

OK so heres a fishy thing going on. I have CC accounts with WaMu, AmEx, and Juniper. I also have credit score monitoring from all of them. My TransUnion score was the darling of all the three bureaus partly due to more of my accounts were reporting to them. It has hit a bump recently but the kicker now is that my Trans Risk score is 358!!! WaMu is still at 689 and CreditSecure is at 606. So how did the one from Juniper hit that low especially if its serviced through TransUnion????? That is well below what I should have. I am in shock of the score adn there has to be a logical reason for it.
15 years 9 months ago #379
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

After one year, they do not hurt you as bad. I know they can last for 2 years (up to 25-26 months with exp) but creditors tend to over look inq's after one year and your scores rise after the one year mark.
15 years 9 months ago #380

Inquiries stay on your report for 1 year but hurt your score for 2 years.
15 years 9 months ago #381
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Ohhh Yeeessss sweetie! I have had some that left on thier own in like 11 months or some have left in 15 months, but you know what I am thinking? TU is broadening thier system. They can only hold so much info until some items (like inq) will start to drop.
:confused:
15 years 9 months ago #382

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Scores

Those inq did not last the full two years, they just fell on their own. I am not going to dispute it because i did apply for the cards but good God, I dont understand why they came back. My scores dropped 16 points because of it, but I am not trippin though.

So inquiries stay on your report for 2 years?
15 years 9 months ago #383
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Those inq did not last the full two years, they just fell on their own. I am not going to dispute it because i did apply for the cards but good God, I dont understand why they came back. My scores dropped 16 points because of it, but I am not trippin though.
:worried:
15 years 9 months ago #384

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Scores

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that old inq are comming back across all three cb's? I just pulled my credit report and I only had 1 inq from TU right? Now they are adding someting that was done back in early 07. What is going on? Am I missing someting or what?

Hmm I don't know what is going on
15 years 9 months ago #385

Kellbell, you should some results in another 2 months. Just keep up the good work and you will see significant results in 12 months. Consistency is the key.
15 years 9 months ago #386
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that old inq are comming back across all three cb's? I just pulled my credit report and I only had 1 inq from TU right? Now they are adding someting that was done back in early 07. What is going on? Am I missing someting or what?
15 years 9 months ago #387

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: What to expect?

So I'm about 9 months into the rebuilding process. My score was about a 580 when I started, and then I opened 10 (!!!) cards...I know, I know...I went a little overboard...but oh well.

I opened

I'm kind of in the same exact boat. When can I expect my FICO to rise? It has been about 4 months since I quit the application binge. Let me know!
15 years 9 months ago #388

Replied by wildrage2 on topic What to expect?

So I'm about 9 months into the rebuilding process. My score was about a 580 when I started, and then I opened 10 (!!!) cards...I know, I know...I went a little overboard...but oh well.

I opened:

Cap1, Hooters, Orchard, Macy's, Bloomies, Crown Jewelers, Tribute, Continental, First Premier, Rewards 660.

I've gotten increases on all of them - some more than others...

So anyway, my scores dropped to like 540, which is understandable. I just pulled my ficos today (9 months later), and I'm at 610, which makes me happy. Also, a couple of my cards are at 50-70% utlization, so I figure if I pay those down, I should see a modest increase in the score (maybe 10-15 points). It wont' be hard to pay 'em down, as most of their limits are under $1000.

So I'm craving other cards now. I have been preaproved by HSBC, Wamu, and Capital One cards. I'm also interested in Barclay's and Target cards....but I have been resisting temptation as best i can. I also want to close out my crappy high fee cards after I get them.

So now I'm reading that you can expect a jump in your scores when you have a full year of history with cards. Is this true? That would be really cool, as I opened like 10 of them last October/November I'm hoping to have a shot at the aforementioned cards by late fall....what do you think my chances are?
15 years 9 months ago #389

Adding an AU will not make a difference once FICO 08 rolls out.
15 years 9 months ago #390