Credit Scores

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

KMoney, I'm with you on that one. I'm so close to the 700 club.
15 years 9 months ago #331

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Scores

This is exactly what I am talking about. When we master our financial habits, we do not need to worry and stress over our scores. I know what will get me in the 700 in not time but as for right now utilization is my only set back. Since it has not affected me nor my ability to payback, score drops are the least of my worry.

Exactly everything takes time to master our finances and I too can not wait until I am in the 700s
15 years 9 months ago #332
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

This is exactly what I am talking about. When we master our financial habits, we do not need to worry and stress over our scores. I know what will get me in the 700 in not time but as for right now utilization is my only set back. Since it has not affected me nor my ability to payback, score drops are the least of my worry.
:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #333

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Credit Scores

I actually don't worry if my credit score drops 3 or 4 points. It's only a temporary setback.
15 years 9 months ago #334

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Eldarwen, I agree with you on that one. It is not easy maintain a good credit report and you should pat yourself on the back for what you have achieved. We are all going to the top and there's no stoppin us!

:cool:
15 years 9 months ago #335

Eldarwen, I agree with you on that one. It is not easy maintain a good credit report and you should pat yourself on the back for what you have achieved. We are all going to the top and there's no stoppin us! :white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #336

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Credit Scores

Well, a few years ago I didn't know anything about credit. My friends never wanted to learn how to discipline themselves on how to use credit resposibly. They still don't and they are paying for it. I'm learning more by the day. It takes a lot of effort to maintain a great credit score and not to lose control with spending.
15 years 9 months ago #337

:white-flag:
15 years 9 months ago #338

Thanks, HJM and shark6. I will. I guess I could use a credit card and then pay it on the first:fun:
15 years 9 months ago #339

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: Credit Scores

I believe that the coupon expires on July 31, so you may want to check that date to make sure that it doesn't expired on you.

Great thread here!
15 years 9 months ago #340

Good luck, Rob!
15 years 9 months ago #341

Congrats Elwaren! One day we all will get there but for now, my mini goal is to get to 650 and then 660 and then 675. I doubt that I will hit the 700 magic number until next year some time

HJM331, I just got a Myfico coupon code in my email for 20% of all 3 of the scores from MyFico.com. It is 'summer20'. I believe this brings the price of all 3 of your Fico (real scores) down to around $37. This is a good deal for those who want to know what all of their scores are.

It is good up to 7/31/08.

I got the same email and code. First of the month I will use it because I should have my BofA secured card which is also the last one I am waiting for so everything should settle down by then.
15 years 9 months ago #342

I agree with KMoney.
15 years 9 months ago #343

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Scores

I think that one of the main reasons that my scores are good is watching my friends screw up. One didn't work after he lost his job (he didn't bother to look for one for a good year and lived on credit cards), the other just trusted people he shouldn't have.

That is really sad to hear about your friends
15 years 9 months ago #344

Shark6, thanks for the coupon code. I don't think I will be buying my FICO scores anytime soon because I would like to make some improvement to report before I buy my scores. I have to pay down my debt and wait for the inquiries to fall off.

Eldarwen, forget those things in the past. If it wasn't for them, then you would've never found us at FG. Everything happens for a reason right?
15 years 9 months ago #345