Credit Scores

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Report Error - Should I get it fixed?

I got a first Premier card last year, and noticed that for the past year it has been positively reporting my current history, but also added a card from back in 2002 that has a zero balance and was "closed at my request". It has 12 months of history, 11 positives, and 1 30-day late.

My question

It will help your history age and possibly your average account age. The 1-30 day late is probably not doing anything to your score. It also looks good that it was closed at your request.
15 years 8 months ago #256

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Report Error - Should I get it fixed?

When was the card closed? If it was well over a year ago..don't worry about it ..If its not reporting and your balance is 0 more than likely it not affecting your overall FICO scoring...
15 years 8 months ago #257

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Report Error - Should I get it fixed?

No, it wouldn't hurt you if you have better cards because lenders will look at the history of the newer and better cards that you have like Capital One. Lenders don't like to see First Premier cards on a report unless it's a consumers only choice to rebuild credit.
15 years 8 months ago #258

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Report Error - Should I get it fixed?

I got a first Premier card last year, and noticed that for the past year it has been positively reporting my current history, but also added a card from back in 2002 that has a zero balance and was "closed at my request". It has 12 months of history, 11 positives, and 1 30-day late.

My question: Is this helping me, hurting me, or probably doing nothing to my score? I wouldn't want to dispute it if it was helping me, but definately want to if it is hurting me.
15 years 8 months ago #259

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Credit Scores

Technically, yes - it has been paid.

I am still waiting to see a bump up in my scores - my scores fell about ten points due to a lot of new accounts (credit cards) with balances, but I just sent payments online, and PIF all of them! My scores should look beautiful end of next month.

If in fact the medical has been paid (in full and not settled for a lesser amount) you should be able to get this deleted.
15 years 8 months ago #260

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Credit Scores

OK Folks, so I've been reading a lot about credit repair on this site, and others, and one thing I've read over and over again about credit repair is that you should DISPUTE EVERYTHING - even if you owe and have not paid, as long as the SOL has passed, they can't come after you, and nine out of ten times, the stuff gets deleted.

So, I followed this advice and sent in my dispute letters - I just got my updated report from TU. Out of eight collections reported, ALL BUT ONE medical got deleted. So, for a little bit of effort, I got seven negative reports deleted from my file!

One down, two to go!!!

Do you have a dispute letter?
15 years 8 months ago #261

Replied by Rick_E on topic Re: Credit Scores

Have you paid the medical collection that has not deleted by chance?
BTW congrats on getting these items deleted, you should get quite a fair bump in scores I would imagine.

Technically, yes - it has been paid.

I am still waiting to see a bump up in my scores - my scores fell about ten points due to a lot of new accounts (credit cards) with balances, but I just sent payments online, and PIF all of them! My scores should look beautiful end of next month.
15 years 8 months ago #262

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Credit Scores

OK Folks, so I've been reading a lot about credit repair on this site, and others, and one thing I've read over and over again about credit repair is that you should DISPUTE EVERYTHING - even if you owe and have not paid, as long as the SOL has passed, they can't come after you, and nine out of ten times, the stuff gets deleted.

So, I followed this advice and sent in my dispute letters - I just got my updated report from TU. Out of eight collections reported, ALL BUT ONE medical got deleted. So, for a little bit of effort, I got seven negative reports deleted from my file!

One down, two to go!!!

Have you paid the medical collection that has not deleted by chance?
BTW congrats on getting these items deleted, you should get quite a fair bump in scores I would imagine.
15 years 8 months ago #263
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

YOu go Rick, now that is what I am talking about.:white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #264

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Scores

One down, two to go!!!

Hooray you go Rick_E
15 years 8 months ago #265

Replied by Rick_E on topic Re: Credit Scores

One down, two to go!!! :relieved:
15 years 8 months ago #266
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

You know what, that is the reason why I let mines fall off. It is going to stay that way until 2014 and yes that is hurting your scores and when creditors see it. They criticize us like we are victims even after you have a paid debt. They don't want to see it at all. But here is what you should have done, before you paid them, you should have written a letter to that creditor stating that "If I pay this debt, you agree to remove it from my credit report" On the check you should also write the same thing. Let them send you a letter back stating that they would do so when you paid them. That is the only way that I would have paid that debt. Try writing them and see if they will do so, or ask them to not reject your dispute that you are going to request from the 3 Cb's and see what happens.
15 years 9 months ago #267

Replied by AmyB98 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Hi AmyB98, when paying collection items in the future..ask the creditor in writing to report as "paid" before you pay them. If you google "collection letters", you may ask the creditor to either take the item off your credit report, or report it as "paid" once you make your payment.

Make sure you get this in writing first.

Please note the creditor does not have to do this, and more than likely they might say no, but it's worth the try.

I had paid a collection item and it was updated as "paid for less than own" I don't know which is worst , but at lease it show that I paid something.

Too late, I already paid them and it is showing up as paid in comments, but Charge-off in status. Do you know how long this will hurt my credit score? I hope it is not until they all fall off in 2014. I am hoping that my as my new accounts age that they will not hurt my credit score in a few years. Let me know what you think! Thanks!
15 years 9 months ago #268

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Yoyo, seems like a settlement to me.

You're correct HJM..i did settle.....paid less than amount owed. Before I knew the in's and out's of collections...I would have asked for them to take if off before I paid. This was last year...boy how much you learn on this site in such a small time!!!
15 years 9 months ago #269

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Yoyo, seems like a settlement to me.
15 years 9 months ago #270