Credit Scores

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Credit Scores

Give me a piece too

Post of the day and worth repeating!
One more thing I'd like to add....... I wish collections agencies and the like would have to go through the same proccess as someone trying to clean up their credit as far as PROVING debts.
It's seems like all they have to do is say so-and so owes $$ and boom it's on your report.
You have to beat your brains out when dealing with the cb's when disputing errors to get them off your reports.
15 years 6 months ago #181

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Question

Six months is too many, I'd use it once a month or once every two months max.
15 years 6 months ago #182

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Credit Card Question

I believe the companies have the credit bureaus state that as a way of saying that yur account is in ood standing. I have cards that I have never used but still state that "paid as agreed" or "paid satisfactorily." I would be more concerned about it saying "account closed for non-usage" or something in that nature. But its always wise to use it at least once every six months to show activity.
15 years 6 months ago #183

Replied by sg2416 on topic Credit Card Question

Hi All,

From time to time I see someone say they sock drawer certain cc. Can your score increase with out usage? I have noticed on my credit report for several of my credit cards that have never used, reporting paid as agreed. Please, can someone help me out with question.

Thanks!:cheesing:
15 years 6 months ago #184
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

You know I hate to hear about DH and the income thingy. That went on in my household this year. It was a battle, but we pulled through. Now on the other hand, I learned my lesson from past experience and that is what me refuse to mess my credit back up....lol. You have done the same, its a battle but you are still managing to keep things in order. This is how we should be judged.

Why the jobs do this? Through rumors, I've heard that it makes them feel you are more responsible. In reality, ad credit does not mean that you can not perform job duties. That my dear, is our personal life. I really don't understand it when it is a company or a position when you are not dealing with their funds at all. You are correct, pulling our credit for a job, that is not related to such a field should be illegal. Now if I was going to work for a big corporation where I have access to black cards or, the mint, or one of the 3 Cb's, then I could understand. Other than that, they are coming too close to our business, which is none of theirs.:upset:
15 years 6 months ago #185

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Credit Scores

Meya, I totally agree with you regarding the way future creditors come to conclusions about a person just because of their credit (and scores). I won't lie but it has been an uphill battle for me because in my household we were reduced to my income because my DH was laid off. He has since found a job but I know that we will get back to we once had but I know it will take a while.

What I don't like is why should your credit matter in regards to insurance and a job. It's so unfair and there should be something done about it. :upset:
15 years 6 months ago #186
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Give me a piece too!:white-flag:

Well I just want to say that credit reports is just a way for creditors and jobs to see how well you can handle your debt. What they should do is understand the fact that we are only human and WILL come across hard times. What matters is, how well we get back on track. That is where creditors go wrong. For every person that view our Cr, what are they? Humans! Did they ever encounter hard times, lost a job, went through divorce or separation from their secondary income? Yes! For those who say NO, it is because they have been dependent on another source or human to help reduce (or not experience indecency) and have not yet to experience a downfall.

I believe that inq should not be allowed on our Cr for those who are rebuilding credit. Why? Because for the simple fact, we are out searching for credit to help get us back on track, we are going to be dealing with sub-primed until we can get to primed. Once we get primed cards and nice limits we should no longer be out searching for more cards to offer us thousands and thousands more. Who needs credit 2x times (or more) higher than their income? No one! That is why Americans turned to their credit cards during this economic failure, which in return, put them in debt.

Don't get me wrong, I will add the good credit individuals a part of this too. I did not add that they should not have inq used against them, but they know better. Ones with excellent credit, darn good income, credit history of 15 to 20 years, and high limits are well maintained on dealing with credit, should have more resources to bail them out when they are coming across stumbling blocks (personal loans, collateral, assets, home equity, or advances). This does not mean they can fail to, but usually they file bk and start over. When they start over, this brings them back to "The inq should not count against them!"

Creditors look at inq like we are too desperate for credit. Wrong, we are desperate for the best deal and this is what we have to go through. A bank is who finance cars right? Then why in 30 days, the inq gets narrowed down to one? Should that go for cc's apps also. I don't get it when someone says, banks have to look out for themselves, if that is the case, then why do banks screw themselves by ripping off other banks? They already know what it takes to keep themselves running. They have insurance on credit card holders, but not if they are out pulling scams on one another. "The bailout proved that!"

Altogether, I think that creditors should put themselves in life's category and stop thinking of applicants as unworthy when it comes down to what they think we should be like, because when they leave their jobs and go home, they pay bills, just like applicants do, and they search for credit just like applicants do. People struggle hard to keep their household, family and credit together, so one or two lates per year should only be sign that "This person may have had a hard time this month, but there is some integrity in this person to show that they will pay the debt that they owe." On the other hand, someone that is out maxing debt and can barely keep the min payment due, that is who you focus on. Not by judging them, but by giving them a call and see wtf is going on. Then you let them know that you are noticing too much charges on this and other accounts so this is what you are about to do to them. That is when you put your foot down or force them to add insurance on their accounts or whatever else you have to do. I mean hey, they call when it is all good, so why not call when you see it going bad right? Soft inq's is the way of keeping tabs with your credit holders, keep it up banks and you might see a difference.

Whew, sorry for the long posting, but Folder's made me do this!:fun:
15 years 6 months ago #187

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Food For Thought About Credit Scores

heres part 2

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/YourCreditRating/does-bad-credit-make-you-a-bad-person.aspx?page=2

I honestly think credit reports should only be used for people seeking credit. The insurance companies cancel you for nonpayment so there is no need to raise your rates based on your credit report. I believe this is discrimination against those who are lower income.
Credit scores are not the person, big companies are confusing this basic concept.
Then again we all get punished for big business screwing up.........Where is our bailout? I'd like a piece of that $700 Billion govt handout.:white-flag:
15 years 6 months ago #188

Replied by KIEJON9 on topic Re: disputing hurt credit score?

Does anyone know if the dispute is successful approximately how many points your score can increase per incident? I have a very common name - several years ago someone with the same name and a similar address, somehow her things started appearing on my credit report. Since I was "credit challenged", I didn't bother to follow-up with a dispute as her accounts were actually helping my score. Well things have taken a turn for the worse for her and there are least 6 accounts that aren't mine that are currently under investigation with Equifax.

Thanks,
Wrknprogrs.

DEAR WRKNPROGRS

MAYBE THIS LETTER CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR DISPUTES

Re]
To Whom It May Concern
I formally request that the following inaccurate items be immediately investigated. They must be removed in order to show my true credit history, as these items should not be on my report. By the provisions of 15 USC section 1681i of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I demand that these items be reverified and deleted from my record.

Item No - Company Name- Account Number- Comments

Since 30 days from the receipt of this letter is your allotted time under the law to reverify these entries, it should be understood that failure to do so within that 30 day period constitutes reason to promptly delete the information from my file (FCRA 15 USC s1681i (5)(A)). also, pursuant to 15 USC s1681i (6)(A) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, please notify me when the items have been deleted. You may send an updated copy of my credit report to the below address

Name
Address
City/State/Zip

According to the provisions of 15 USC section 1681j, there should be no charge for this notification. Also, please send me names and addresses of individuals you contacted so I may follow up.

Sincerely,
15 years 6 months ago #189
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: disputing hurt credit score?

It helps out a lot buddie. I am still waiting for my dispute from these apartments in SF. I did not tell the CB it was old and I did do it, I just went ahead and disputed it by saying I did not know who they are. I have a gut feeling that I am going to loose this because I know that I did it, it was just too long ago. Hopefully they could not find my file and I am going to be on the hush hush about this one. Guilty minds keep quiet.:cool:

If I win, I win. If I loose, I loose , ooooooohhhhh weeeeelllllll!:innocent:
15 years 6 months ago #190

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Food For Thought About Credit Scores

15 years 6 months ago #191

Replied by cireone on topic Food For Thought About Credit Scores

I was on msn.com and came across this article, hmmm....................

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/YourCreditRating/does-bad-credit-make-you-a-bad-person.aspx
15 years 6 months ago #192

Replied by THOMAS1 on topic Re: disputing hurt credit score?

Disputing mistakes and negative tradelines do not hurt. It is within the Fair Credit Reporting Act that we have the right to dispute items that we feel are inaccurate.

The only thing is that the FICO score really jumps around while things are in dispute. But once they are verified/and or changed, the score settles back down. Deletions, however, add points to the score depending on the age of item, approx 6-18 points per item deleted.

Remember whatever tradelines, negatives, or errors you are disputing that the original creditor has 30 days to verify or validate, or they MUST be deleted..........Examples of proper dispute letters can be found at www.credittalk.com

Hope this helps
15 years 6 months ago #193
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

We got a witness! Here is another one for you gkcust:white-flag:
15 years 6 months ago #194

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Credit Scores

Couldnt explain it better Meya!

I use to stress over and say "oh no, im over 30-35% utilization!!!" :shocked: Now its like... Oh okay... I dont have anything to worry about, im not buying a home or a car soon plus most importantly, im responsible and I have a plan to pay off my debt in a manner that suits me best :relieved: So what, if im paying some interest here and there, I bought the item(s) and its my problem not yours :cheesing:

Out of my 9 cards, 3 have a zero balance, the other 6 have high utilz. an average of approx 55%, give or take some :cool:

*Also at my job when people request to close their CC accounts, just because they dont need/want it and I see theyve never missed a pymt since the day it was opened,... I wanna say "Dont close it! Your gonna lose the history on you CRs!" or if they have credit questions say "Visit financeglobe.com to learn more about credit!".
15 years 6 months ago #195