Credit Scores

• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

No problem, you know we are all family in here. It's all about being there for each other. :cheerup:
15 years 6 months ago #196

Replied by GKCUST on topic Re: Credit Scores

Your So Nice And Thoughtful With Your Replys
Thank You
15 years 6 months ago #197
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

It's OK, I love to answer when I can. I just figure that it will be easier if you just don't worry about how someone use their credit because we all use them in a different way. I take my cap one darn near to the max and then bring it back. Next year, I am going to cancel my longest history cc's and Orchard will be the first. I am not going to really worry about the history, I am just focusing off of what type of cards I want that I am satisfied with forever (as long as I am living). I am glad to hear that you are satisfied with the cards you have, if you want to make a purchase and pay it off 8 months or one year later, do your thang girlfriend and don't worry about what no else think because YOU are the one who have to pay it off.

I think what is probably confusing is when you read posts where

1. Members are giving advice to a certain individual that is asking for help.

2. When someone posts their own personal opinion about the way they use their card and their overall experience with the card

3. Results of what happens when you close an old account with history

4. How someone scores decreased when they used an amount over 35% utilization

Or basically, horror stories period. Well since this is a financial site, you are going to hear a whole lot more buddie....lol. Mass majority of that is true but what really matter is when you start to fall off the credit track by lates, over-limit, charge offs, and all the other bad stuff. I read, take advice, agree, and disagree. But that is how I learned, from everyone in here. Some postings does not match everyone and some may sound like Woooooeee, but the good thing is, you learned and I am so proud to hear you say that. I feel good just to hear you admit that you are recovering and rebuilding your credit, there are a lot of people out here that don't give a hoot, but you do. Just keep in mind that no two people will always agree and some things just don't make any sense to you, but out of 3559 members and 2426 forum posts, something in there will pertain to us.:cool:
15 years 6 months ago #198

Basically it is all about what you want to do with YOUR credit. Everyone in here is either rebuilding, built, or already have good credit and want to help others. Rebuilding and maintaining/maintaining with scores is two different things. When rebuilding, you go with what you can get and manage those accounts in good faith for at least two years. Maintaining is when we someone like myself (for example) is when I focusing off of how well I use the cards and how well I pay back. This is more like not really caring about applying for the best cards in the house, but to appreciate the battle that I have overcome and to not go back where I came from. So I use my cards and make sure that I have a plan to pay them off in a proper amount of time. I don't care about my scores plunging up and down because I am not trying to apply for major credit cards or a home or car. I am mellow with what I have.

There are some that like to maintain strong credit along with great deep concerns of their scores. They probably posses cards that do not like to see a significant drop in scores or maybe it irritates them to see it go down. Some are trying to get in the 700's or 800's, but has maintained good credit for years.

This is why I say it depends on what you want to do with your credit. What are you looking for, or what is your current situation (If you don't mind sharing) then I can bet you that reading others postings will not have you so confused or frustrated.

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY TO MY CONCERNS
I HAVE LEARNED ALOT FROM YOU ALL ON THIS SITE
THE THING IS I ALSO KNOW THAT ALOT OF US PROBABLY DID NOT KNOW
HOW TO USE CREDIT AT FIRST
I LEARNED THE HARD WAY
FOR INSTANCE THE FACT THAT YOUR NOT SUPPOSE TO USE UP ALL THE
MONEY ON YOUR CARD
HURT YOUR SCORES

THE FACT THAT IF YOU CANCEL CARDS
YOU LOSE YOUR HISTORY,THAT SUCKS:upset:
THE FACT THE FOLKS GIVING US THESE CARDS DONT TELL YOU
HOW TO USE THE SUCKERS
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FOLKS OUT THERE IN THE WORLD TODAY
STILL DONT HAVE THIS INFO

I NOW HAVE THIS INFO TO HELP MY CREDIT REPORT OUT:relieved:
I AM OK WITH WHAT I HAVE RIGHT NOW TOO
AND THIS SITE DOES HELP YOU BUT I STILL READ THINGS ABOUT FOLKS PROBLEMS
MAYBE IF WE TRY TO MAKE IT JUST A LITTLE BIT MORE UNDERSTANDING
LIKE PUT THINGS IN ORDER OF OPERATION OF USE OF CREDIT CARDS

SORRY I AM GOING ON AND ON
THIS MIGHT NOT EVEN MAKE SENSE TO ANYONE
(PMS MAYBE)
15 years 6 months ago #199
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Basically it is all about what you want to do with YOUR credit. Everyone in here is either rebuilding, built, or already have good credit and want to help others. Rebuilding and maintaining/maintaining with scores is two different things. When rebuilding, you go with what you can get and manage those accounts in good faith for at least two years. Maintaining is when we someone like myself (for example) is when I focusing off of how well I use the cards and how well I pay back. This is more like not really caring about applying for the best cards in the house, but to appreciate the battle that I have overcome and to not go back where I came from. So I use my cards and make sure that I have a plan to pay them off in a proper amount of time. I don't care about my scores plunging up and down because I am not trying to apply for major credit cards or a home or car. I am mellow with what I have.

There are some that like to maintain strong credit along with great deep concerns of their scores. They probably posses cards that do not like to see a significant drop in scores or maybe it irritates them to see it go down. Some are trying to get in the 700's or 800's, but has maintained good credit for years.

This is why I say it depends on what you want to do with your credit. What are you looking for, or what is your current situation (If you don't mind sharing) then I can bet you that reading others postings will not have you so confused or frustrated.
15 years 6 months ago #200

THE MORE I COME ON THIS SITE AND READ SOME OF THE THINGS THAT THE MEMBERS TALK ABOUT CONCERNING CREDIT

I STARTING TO REALLY WONDER IS ALL THIS ### WORTH THE HEADACHE
YOU HAVE TO USE THE CARD
YOU HAVE TO NOT USE THE CARD
YOU HAVE TO BUY SOMETHIN THEN TURN AROUND AND PAY IT ALL BACK
IF NOT YOUR SCORE DROPS
THEY WANT YOU TO USE THE CARD BUT THEY B### ABOUT YOUR USE
THEN THE CARDS WITH JUST $150.00
TO
$300.00 BRING DOWN
YOUR SCORE

NOW WHEN I FIRST GOT HERE IT WAS ALL ABOUT ME GETTING ALL THE INQUIRIES WHILE APPLYING FOR ALL THESE DOG GONE CARDS I DONT NEED REALLY

THAT WAS ALL I COULD SEE THEN
BUT NOWWWWWWWWWW
I KNOW ABOUT THE OTHER TRICKS OR WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT
CONCERNING THE CREDIT CARD GAME

FOR SOME OF US ITS GETTING THE HIGHER CREDIT LIMITS
:confused:BUT AGAIN THEY DONT WANT YOU TO SPEND THE DAM MONEY
WHAT THE POINT OF ALL OF THIS EXCEPT TO GET A HOME
IF YOU DO HAVE GOOD CREDIT

MY THOUGHTS GO DEEPER :upset:

I HAVE SAID TO MUCH
I AM GOING TO WRITE DOWN MY THOUGHTS AND REWRITE
WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY TO YOU ALL

SORRY ITS SO LONG DONT GET CROSSEYED:laugh:
15 years 6 months ago #201

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Credit Scores

My score just dropped one point because I used my Sears Master card. I have not used it in many months though. The alert just told me that an inactive card went active. Oh well, it is better than getting it closed by Sears. That would hurt me a lot worse credit score wise.
15 years 6 months ago #202

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: disputing hurt credit score?

Good luck Meya!:white-flag:
15 years 6 months ago #203
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: disputing hurt credit score?

Good luck Buddie, those scores will start to move upward if they are permanently removed.

I know this is a blow hjm331, I am calling tomorrow morning. I just feel so guilty because I did it. The only thing is that they took too long. It's worth the shot (like you mentioned) all I can do is get a yes or a no.:worried:
15 years 6 months ago #204
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I know I have taken a cut from Kays and that apartment. Speaking of apartment, I forgot to call the cb and see if I can get a removal. Duuhhhh, to much stress for me today, let me get back on my p's and q's. :confused:
15 years 6 months ago #205

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

I pulled my FICO scores last week and here they are:

EX: 629
TU: 649
EQ: 624

Not lookin too good but I am not applying for anything anytime soon so I have time to work on my scores.
15 years 6 months ago #206

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Credit Scores

here is where i am at now

:cheesing:
15 years 6 months ago #207

Yes, please update to help our fellow members as well.

15 years 6 months ago #208

Replied by wrknprogrs on topic Re: disputing hurt credit score?

Wrknprogrs, I'm glad that you are disputing items on your credit report that aren't really yours. There's no telling how many points your scores will increase by but if everything goes in your favor, you will definitely see a jump in your scores.

Good Luck

Thanks hjm331, it will be interesting to see what happens - I'll share the information as it unfolds.

Wrknprogrs
15 years 6 months ago #209

Wrknprogrs, I'm glad that you are disputing items on your credit report that aren't really yours. There's no telling how many points your scores will increase by but if everything goes in your favor, you will definitely see a jump in your scores.

Good Luck
15 years 6 months ago #210