Credit Scores

Replied by iantha1 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Thank you Meya and YoYo11 for your support. This site is so great !!!.
I have another question. (dont no if this is the correct place to put it)
I have a credit card with orchard bank cc(house hold). Now when i got orchard for the pre appv(soft pull) they tell me im pre approved for one of there card then when i click apply they tell me that i have laready been approved for the hsbc card account ? Then when i go to hsbc pre apprvl (soft pull) they tell me im pre approved for a card then when i apply they tell me i already have a card ??????? can any one help me clear this up.. thanks
15 years 7 months ago #226

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Credit Scores

You're on the right path iantha1...keep up the good work!:white-flag:
15 years 7 months ago #227
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

:white-flag:Way to go. it's all about the increase no matter how long it takes. By the way, welcome back!
15 years 7 months ago #228

Replied by iantha1 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Hello every one its been a while since i have posted... I have been disputing bad info on my credit reports on line. As of last time when i posted that my score was 572 ... Well it is now 584 per my equifax. So im well on my way to the 600's and more :>. Ill tune back when when i have more info to give on my credit repair journey.

Your FICO® Score as of 09/21/2008

Based on Alert

[/COLOR]
15 years 7 months ago #229
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Great scores, but if you have one baddie that is not showing on exp I would not worry about it. I was just looking at the scores and saw a huge difference in exp in comparison to the other two. Take a look at your report to make sure all cc's are reporting the same thing on each report. 100 points is a huge difference and not typical. It may be a good thing because the other two will rise higher. Sometimes our creditors don't have the same history reporting on all Cb's, balances, acct #'s....etc. Again, I adore your scores!
:white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #230

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Wonderful scores!!!! Some creditors don't report information postive or negative to all three CB's. Some only report to 1 or 2 bureaus. (that's why they say check all three)....If your item will drop off in a year or two..I would leave it alone. I have a negative item on my TR and not EX or EQ..i'm happy about that!!! (experian looks like your highest so I would not worry about it).
15 years 8 months ago #231

Replied by unicorn40 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Hi all I checked my credit scores last night:
Trans Union :694
Equifax: 683
Experian: 792

What I find interesting is that on Equifax and Trans Union I have one item in deliquencey status 250.00 that doesn't show on Experian. It says its something to do with a medical bill. I am a little confused. WHen something is reported do they report it to all three bureaus or only certain ones . Please advise. Should I dispute it??:scared:
15 years 8 months ago #232

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Scores

Everyone should have a credit monitoring service to be on the safe side.

I totally agree with you hjm331 because none of us want to become ID theft victims
15 years 8 months ago #233

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Everyone should have a credit monitoring service to be on the safe side.
15 years 8 months ago #234

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Credit Scores

I dont blame you. But, make sure that you peek at your credit report at least once per month for safety reasons.

I do have True Credit $9.95 a month to keep on top of any changes to my reports. I'm really curious to see how my fico's compare to my fako's which is what you get with TC. I just don't want to fork out the $$ for fico's since I'm not going to app for anything for a bit.

I last pulled my fico's in march and as sad as the scores were, they were still better than I thought they'd be. Just shy of 600 (by a few points) on all 3. I'm sure they have improved but I can't imagine they've grown too terribly much. I've seen 40 point jumps on my fako's but that doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot. :white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #235
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: disputing hurt credit score?

My sons medical bill was not a paid judgment, but if it is paid, the 3 Cb's can keep it there until sol. It will just be a paid judgment but they still have an impact on your score. This is why I tell people, if you are going to pay, make sure it is not on a bill that is about to fall off of your CB because it will still run its course. I have heard a few people being rejected a cc because of paid judgments ( or derogs). I was just happy that mines fell off, I believe it was not due to come off until next year around NOV. Good luck on your battle, I am for you all the way
:white-flag:
15 years 8 months ago #236
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I dont blame you. But, make sure that you peek at your credit report at least once per month for safety reasons.
15 years 8 months ago #237

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: disputing hurt credit score?

I had a few medical bill and waited for them to fall off. How hold are they? I've heard if you dispute an item w/cb's make sure the item is about 3-5 years old, that way the creditor will be too involve to dispute older items..yet again if the item is 5 years old..i would just wait until it falls off.

If it is a paid medical bill they no longer have a business purpose to report to the CRA's as it violates HIPPA privacy. The only exception is if a judgement was made against you on the medical collection. I have about 8 unpaid medical collections ( no insurance) that once I have the funds, I plan on attacking.
15 years 8 months ago #238

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Credit Scores

YOu go mskiwi!

lol leave me alone YoYo11, I am trying to save some money, I am not trippin off of the scores until I pay everything back down to where I had it before and the last baddie fall off the other 2 cb's. That is when I will get the real boost

I wish those were my scores. They are Yoyo's, she's going for it big time! I'm going to wait until November to pull my scores again. I'm going for once evry 6 months.
15 years 8 months ago #239
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: disputing hurt credit score?

When i tried to dispute my (my son) medical bill they verified it and it stayed on my report. But i can say one thing, it fell off way before the due date. Keep your fingers crossed.
15 years 8 months ago #240