Credit Scores

Replied by rakesia205 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Another exciting message! Experian has released my judgement. Now it is all about TU, they keep holding on to it like they is married. My scores went up 7 points only fromt he removal, but it beats nothing. I moved my scale on my profile from 597 to 604. I am basically stuck with 2 medicals, and one credit card that was from Cross County Bank. Is anyone familiar with them. I remember when my highest limit was about $700. When they was through with me, it was nearly $1300 or $1400, geesh. But, that was the old days, I am not going out like that anymore.

Now for the question! Why do my scores take so long to go up? I am down to paying off 3 cards with 50% utilization on all. The other 11 is paid off except for ICON because that is an installment plan. When I went on a credit benge, I used 70%, left it there for about 2 months and then paid them in full. My scores only went like 3 points after paying them in full. What is up with that? After I pay my last 3 cards off, I do not plan on using them agian. I am just happy to be back in the credit game again, but I am so used to using cash becuase I was away from the credit world for so long. I think that those new low limit cards are hurting me. I hate I got those cards, the limits were like 500 and below, except for Hooters, they showed me some love.

Answers anyone?

I remember them.I still owe them.I got that card when I was 17.I will be 26 soon.It is not showing up on my credit anywhere and they had the nerve to write me about the balance.Im not paying anything that is not showing up.
15 years 5 months ago #151

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Update on Disputing Credit Entries

I do have the Hooters Card coming with a 750 CL. I also applied for and was approved for a Best Buy card this morning for 300 - but its a start. Finance Network is by far one of the most useful sites on the www!

Wrknprogrs

Congrats on the new approvals. That's a great sign to see that your credit is getting better. Stick with the new cards for a year or so and you will see approvals for the prime cards. Keep up the good work, you're on the right path.
15 years 5 months ago #152
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: disputing hurt credit score?

Ditto!
15 years 5 months ago #153

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: disputing hurt credit score?

The dispute process will not hurt your scores. It is there for a reason, having said that though, some people will dispute things they know are correct. Sometimes you could just try calling the creditor to see if they will remove a derog.
15 years 5 months ago #154

Replied by wrknprogrs on topic Update on Disputing Credit Entries

Does anyone know if the dispute is successful approximately how many points your score can increase per incident? I have a very common name - several years ago someone with the same name and a similar address, somehow her things started appearing on my credit report. Since I was "credit challenged", I didn't bother to follow-up with a dispute as her accounts were actually helping my score. Well things have taken a turn for the worse for her and there are least 6 accounts that aren't mine that are currently under investigation with Equifax.

Thanks,
Wrknprogrs.

A few weeks ago I shared my situation listed above. Last night I viewed my Equifax CS and it was up by 10 points!!! I don't know it will be impacted by the Salute closing, but I do have the Hooters Card coming with a 750 CL. I also applied for and was approved for a Best Buy card this morning for 300 - but its a start. Finance Network is by far one of the most useful sites on the www!

Wrknprogrs
15 years 5 months ago #155

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

You can use this promo code while it's working.

CPPSAVINGS
15 years 5 months ago #156

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: Credit Scores

DeShoni, don't buy your FICO scores now if you don't have to. Wait six months until you build some age on the new accounts and then take a look at your scores. However, if you have about $40 to spare, it would be nice to see your scores and six months later so you can see how many points you have gained by adding these positive tradelines/new accounts.

I agree. As a side note you can usually find a fico discount code so you don't have to pay full price. Just google fico discount code. (usually a 15-20% discount)
15 years 5 months ago #157

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Credit Scores

I am waiting until next year to get my credit report. Don't see a need for it now. I hope that the inquires won't count as much and get balances paid down or off and it will look better. Those are the things that are hurting me the most on my credit score.
15 years 5 months ago #158
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

Yeah, they are correct, and also you have to remember, its not so much of your credit scores that you should be afraid of, it is your other creditors who are doing the soft pulls on you. They are out slicing and dicing from inq and new accounts. Just last year, we had it made when we went on new account rampages. I think I had about a good 30 or more and the only thing I had to worry about was denials from too many inq, and too many new accounts. Try applying for 30 cc's now, not only that, try 5, your creditors will close your account or slice your initial cl so low that you could probably not charge a lollipop or get your flat tire repaired on credit. That is what you need to watch out for!. Your scores will rise when the new accounts began to appear and you begin to start making payments on them over time. Put a hold on it for now.
15 years 5 months ago #159

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

DeShoni, don't buy your FICO scores now if you don't have to. Wait six months until you build some age on the new accounts and then take a look at your scores. However, if you have about $40 to spare, it would be nice to see your scores and six months later so you can see how many points you have gained by adding these positive tradelines/new accounts.
15 years 5 months ago #160

Replied by DeShoni on topic Re: Will it hurt my credit if.....

Thanks to both smcc and hjm331! You have put my heart at ease. Hopefully it won't be too much of an impact on my score but I look forward to gaining more points down the road. I am going to chill out for now. :innocent:
15 years 5 months ago #161

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Will it hurt my credit if.....

I agree with smcc. Look at the cards that will give you the best chance at approval and compare them to see which one will fit your needs the most.
15 years 5 months ago #162

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Will it hurt my credit if.....

hjm331 is correct. Be more selective of the cards you want and that will cut down on the amount of applications yoiu put in.
15 years 5 months ago #163

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Will it hurt my credit if.....

It will hurt your score for a short period of time but you will gain them back and then some after 6 months of making on-time payments.
15 years 5 months ago #164

Replied by DeShoni on topic Will it hurt my credit if.....

Hi Everyone! In the past 2 weeks, I have applied for 6 credit cards and only got approved for 2 of them. How bad will it hurt my credit? I feel I need to stop NOW!!! :scared: Declined for Citi Select Visa, JC penney, AMEX GREEN, and Macys. Approved for Best Buy Mastercard and Target cards. What do you think, I'm scared.
15 years 5 months ago #165