Credit Scores

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Oh ok, that makes a lot more sense. You're correct, there's no substitute for time.
15 years 5 months ago #166

Replied by pumbaablah on topic Re: Credit Scores

yes i did..the reason why theres that gap is because of the chargeoff still on trans and equifax but not on transunion. Also theres a collection from 05 thats the same way. it will fall off soon next year so i'll be patient
15 years 5 months ago #167

Wow, you sure you bought these from myfico.com There's a 100 point difference between your Equifax FICO and your Transunion FICO. I've never seen that before.
15 years 5 months ago #168

i just pulled all my ficos

transunion- 736
experian- 663
equifax- 636
15 years 5 months ago #169

Thanks for posting the good news, this will definitely make our members will better and look forward to achieving their goals. This is just the beginning though and there's no telling when we are going to stop. :cool:
15 years 6 months ago #170
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

Way to go, I know how it feels when the baddies drop, it is a relief:relieved:. Add this posting to the link below so we can keep it flowing... https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=513&highlight=tu%2C+exp+dropped
:white-flag:
15 years 6 months ago #171

man you just donut know how happy i am..feels so good to accomplish this goal i put out for myself.. once the charge off falls off on equifax and Experian April of 2009 i will throw a big party! 700 club here i come!

TransUnion 736
equifax 636
experian..soon
15 years 6 months ago #172

Congrats, way to go! :white-flag:
15 years 6 months ago #173

my transunion score is 736!!!!!!!!!!!! Equifax just dropped all my late payments and my chargeoff account and once it falls off next april i should be in the 700 club!!!!!.. i hope! Havent checked my fico score for experian yet.
15 years 6 months ago #174

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Credit Scores

My Sears card needed a little excersise because I had not used it in a while. Getting it closed would due to inactivity would hurt my score big time.
15 years 6 months ago #175
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

This is an important issue to that I would like to bring up. I don't think that a lot of us understand the Cb's as well. Our scores goes up and down on a daily basis. We are not 100% sure on how they base our Cr and how their scoring system works but I do know that it can run you crazy looking at your scores on a daily basis. I try to tell members to focus on the big picture, paying on time, low balances, slow on the inq's, and gain history on your cc's. History and on time payments will increase the scores over time.

Using the card and losing one point is really a good explanation of what I was saying. I know you did not really trip off of it, but it let's the next person see that scores does move (up and down) and sometimes it could be for reasons other than using the Sear's card. Whatever it is from, the good thing is that you know it is not from damage on your (or fraud) behalf.

Hope this helped sg2416!

You are so welcome sg2416, we all stick together in here!:white-flag:
15 years 6 months ago #176

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Credit Scores

Well, a few weeks ago, my score dropped one point because I used my Sears Mastercard. I had not used it for about 8 months, when the bill came, I paid it off. I got an alert last night saying my score was up 7 points and there was no clear answer to why. I'll take what I can get.
15 years 6 months ago #177

Replied by sg2416 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Thank you all, Meya, you answered my question.:white-flag:
15 years 6 months ago #178
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

They actually cant tell that because a $0 balance does not mean that you did not charge for that month, it can also mean that you paid if off before the statement closed. Only the creditor of that particular card can close the account and if it has good history, yes the scores will drop. Other than that, paying on time with other cards will make the cards go up. One card that is not being used do not stop the scores from increasing.
15 years 6 months ago #179

Replied by sg2416 on topic Re: Credit Card Question

Can your credit scores be affected by non-usage for a couple of months and when companies pull your report and see that there has not been any usage and your credit scores are in the mid 600-700 will that reflect in their decision to extend credit to you? Or will it look like I applied for a card that I never intended to utilize (I am not saying that this is my case, just general) in the first place.

Just asking!
15 years 6 months ago #180