Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

It's going to cost them more to regain their customers in a couple years than cutting exposure on their cards now.
15 years 3 months ago #346

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Regarding the whole CLD situation. I mean, I can understand why creditors may feel the need to lower some CLs (due to the volatility of the Financial Market and the Economy as a whole), but lets be serious, the more they piss off their good money making and on-time paying customers. What position do they expect to be in when its all over and every creditor has a bad taste in their mouth from them?

Too many companies are thinking of the now instead of the long term repercussions on their decisions. And forgetting an important fact, what may be down right now (credit market) will eventually go back higher than ever.
15 years 3 months ago #347

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

My mother got a call from AMEX on Saturday night from AMEX and they left a message asking her to give them a call because they would like to notify her of a change on her account. We didn't call them but we checked her account online and saw that AMEX had cut her limit from $2,700 to $2,300. They have begun chasing the balance. My mother has a balance of $2,166 on the card and is currently trying to BT the balance off and close her AMEX card. Seems like no one is safe and everyone is going to have their limits reduced no matter what, just a matter of time.
15 years 3 months ago #348

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I would too.
15 years 3 months ago #349
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

True. I will take my chances with a personal loan first.
15 years 3 months ago #350

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I just don't see the point in them. Most have a sky high interest rate, so it defeats the purpose of a cash advance.
15 years 3 months ago #351
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Exactly!:white-flag:
15 years 3 months ago #352

I don't pay attention to the cash advances. They are useless to me. They seem to prey on people.
15 years 3 months ago #353

Replied by Jay1 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Hey all I checked my Orchards today and I had the same thing. I have 400 limts on the Mastercards and 300 on the Discover they are all the same now 100 available for cash advance, there again only used it once but don't understand why. I pay something every two weeks to my cards that have balances because I am slack ( bad memory ) so I am never late :cheesing:. I don't know why they did it.
15 years 3 months ago #354
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

HJM and I were just talking about that. It was the moving bandwagon back then. I was happy to see anything come through my mailbox with a plastic square shape. Well, not like Tribute, Salute, Rewards 660, or Aspire. I was not that desperate!:laugh:

I am ready to shut them down regardless to tier one cards or not. If my scores drop tremendously oooh well. I have watch them grow for over 5 years, a little more time won't kill me.
15 years 3 months ago #355

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I think they are trying to touch us in ways that they can't since we have the gov sticking up for the good ones....lol. They are trying to make us mad, but guess what? HSBC can go to the firey pit with gasoline underwares on wrapped in plastic]

Ditto girl, why any of you would want to be their cardholders, I don't understand. They were the most customer unfriendly bank I've ever had to deal with and I will never do business with them again.
15 years 3 months ago #356
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I think they are trying to touch us in ways that they can't since we have the gov sticking up for the good ones....lol. They are trying to make us mad, but guess what? HSBC can go to the firey pit with gasoline underwares on wrapped in plastic]
15 years 3 months ago #357

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Same here on the decrease and lack of utilization on my Best Buy MC. That's pretty silly to take something away that no one's ever used. These creditors are just getting plain retarded these days. lol
15 years 3 months ago #358
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Hehehehe, I just looked at mines and they did that for Orchard. Who cares, I never used the feature no way.:laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #359

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I so dislike HSBC, but Citibank slashed my cash line on my Home Depot mastercard from $1500 to $500 so don't feel so bad. I really could care less though, since I recently closed that account.
15 years 3 months ago #360