Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

There is something i notice while checking my credit card account online and it seems that all of my hsbc accounts cash advance availability has been slashed.I never take cash advances but found this to be very interesting.
15 years 3 months ago #361
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

15 years 4 months ago #362

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

wmarat, is this a cli? Wrong thread, unless you are tryung to make me jealous

Indeed, wrong thread, I am still too tipsy.
15 years 4 months ago #363
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

2009 is going to be your year Meya.

Thanks Colo and Hjm, I know you both are tired of hearing me pouting, but Travelocity is getting on my nerves. Hjm, I am not going to apply for anything new, "YOU KNOW ME BETTER THAN THAT!":laugh:

Since I have been hearing about all these credit card wars, the thought of new cards has slumped in my memory. I am trying to handle the ones I have, let alone get a new one. I am not thinking of apply even when my baddie drop because I am still working on my util without a rush. I am too lucky to have not been in the decrease club that I have been hearing, that really scares me. :scared:
15 years 4 months ago #364
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

wmarat, is this a cli? Wrong thread, unless you are trying to make me jealous:laugh:
15 years 4 months ago #365

Replied by wmarat on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Amex Blue $15000 to $25000.

Total revolving available credit is $148675
15 years 4 months ago #366

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I agree with ColoNative. Once your last baddie falls off, you can go out and apply for prime cards. But the thing is, it's not really the best time to apply for credit cards now with the way banks are approaching new applications. If you can wait until the economy gets better and stay application free, I'm sure you will get approved for a prime card with a very nice limit.
15 years 4 months ago #367

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Travelocity is who I dog out the most because they do not offer me anything

2009 is going to be your year Meya. :cool:
15 years 4 months ago #368
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

:white-flag:
15 years 4 months ago #369

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

So far in all of my gazillion accounts, I have not been reduced, closed out, or frozen. I can say that the cards I carry balances on, I have not been charging for almost 7 months now and making more than the minimum payment. I called to Best Buy to cancel my BB Mastercard(CL $500), they waived my $60 AF and gave me $600 CLI to NOT cancel it.

I think we are seeing the affects of creditors reducing credit depending upon your state/region. I keep hearing about these polls and articles about reduction of credit limits and where banks are looking to cut "potential losses."

Right now, no freezes for Rockin35....at least not yet.

Rockin35StillAlive!!
15 years 4 months ago #370

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I purchased a bottle of vitamin water for $2.00 from my local gas station yesterday on my WaMu ESPN Visa with a $2k CL and I feel like they will decrease my limit since I'm not even using 50 percent of it.
15 years 4 months ago #371
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Meya, you can use your sockdrawer cards to pay your bills which will keep them active and you won't have to forget about your cards getting closed for inactivity. For example, you can pay your home phone bill with your Credit One card, pay your cell phone bill with your Orchard Bank card, and your cable bill with your Travelocity card.

True! I know you are about to choke me, but some of my bills does not take cc for payments, only debit or checking. I only pay bills with one bank and one card (the debit card to my bank). I do purchase junk with it like Subway, Walgreen's, McDonald's, cigs, etc. I don't go to Safeway every month with it :laugh: :laugh: .

Travelocity is who I dog out the most because they do not offer me anything :upset: . I use them for Reese's cups, now laters, soda's, ice-cream and whatever junk I can think of. I am using my way to show them that this is all that I can purchase with the limit they gave me. Credit One has stepped up over them. I took that card nearly to the max at least 5 times, paid them in a way were we can both get some love, and what do I get for it.....NOTHING!!!!! $500 I went in, and $500 I am going out :upset:
15 years 4 months ago #372

ColoNative, if she used a different sockdrawer card every time she filled up gas, those cards would be seeing daylight and those cards don't even deserve to see daylight. :laugh:

She can use her sockdrawer cards at home without taking them out the house and that's convenient.
15 years 4 months ago #373

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Meya, you can use your sockdrawer cards to pay your bills which will keep them active and you won't have to forget about your cards getting closed for inactivity. For example, you can pay your home phone bill with your Credit One card, pay your cell phone bill with your Orchard Bank card, and your cable bill with your Travelocity card.

Or a tank of gas every other fill up.
15 years 4 months ago #374

15 years 4 months ago #375