Credit Scores

Replied by LuLu1980 on topic if you dispute inquiries do

if you dispute inquiries do they usually remove them?
15 years 11 months ago #421

Replied by hjm331 on topic No, it doesn't hurt. It

No, it doesn't hurt. It can actually help you since you're trying to gather all the correct info that should've appeared on your report in the first place. Disputing info can help you raise your score if you have all the correct information on there. Things like disputing incorrect limit, incorrect amount of history, incorrect balance, etc. can help you raise your FICO scores.
15 years 11 months ago #422
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic I know the feling, I

I know the feling, I am in dispute with Transunion as we speak for an account (Lane bryant) that I closed a couple of months ago myself. When I dispute it with experian they took it off of my report and have never put it back yet.
15 years 11 months ago #423
  • BJeep1983
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by BJeep1983 on topic haha no I don't have

haha no I don't have anything bad..There is one account that has a zero balance but it is showing that there is a $500 balance. Has not updated in 3 months. Another account that is showing open that was close 4 months ago.
15 years 11 months ago #424
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Nope not at all! You

Nope not at all! You are just verifying accuracy which is your right to do so. The only thing I hate about it is that it give the creditor who can't find you blow you back up again...lol.
15 years 11 months ago #425
  • BJeep1983
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by BJeep1983 on topic Does disputing information on your

Does disputing information on your credit report hurt your score?
15 years 11 months ago #426

Replied by Eldarwen on topic What I would do is

What I would do is go to Experian, Equifax, or myfico.com to get exactly what your credit scores are. My credit total is a good site to go to if you really want all three of them. It can be nice to know what your credit score is.
15 years 11 months ago #427

Replied by Lyd on topic Posted: 05 May 2008 17:49Quote

Posted: 05 May 2008 17:49Quote | Edit | Delete

Hi everyone,

I see lots of you posting your credit scores from each CB when you post. I have a PRETTY good idea what mine is but not like you guys from each one. I generally know what the TU one is. How can I get updates each month? I just paid down a bunch of debt and it should be reporting for May.

Thanks in advance

Lyd

15 years 11 months ago #428

Replied by LindaLu on topic I have 2 charges off

I have 2 charges off that don't say included in bankruptcy and don't say zero balance...!!! well actually the one does now with transunion and equifax but that darn experian just won't zero it...and it is clearly listed on my BK..do you think it lowers your score more if it says charge off rather than included in BK even if it says zero? and both aren't scheduled to come off until 6/2014!!! that is not good..also there seems to be some companies that even though your BK hasn't fell off( I mean the 10 years...Imean decade...lol) hasn't ended yet but through the time the BK has less weight on your credit report because it has aged and start giving you credit..do you agree?
15 years 11 months ago #429

Replied by MaryM on topic Mary, how long ago was

Mary, how long ago was your bankruptcy? mine will be 1 year tomorrow that I filed...my chargeoff was not until aug of 07...that is what is hurting me...so the one that fell off today was it something that showed zero balance due to your bankruptcy ?

My BK was over in Jan of 05' The capital one account that fell off today had a zero balance but never said included in BK just chargeoff.
15 years 11 months ago #430

Replied by LindaLu on topic Mary, how long ago was

Mary, how long ago was your bankruptcy? mine will be 1 year tomorrow that I filed...my chargeoff was not until aug of 07...that is what is hurting me...so the one that fell off today was it something that showed zero balance due to your bankruptcy ?
15 years 11 months ago #431

Replied by MaryM on topic It was a BK item

It was a BK item that was supposed to fall off in June but fell off today.
15 years 11 months ago #432

Replied by LindaLu on topic hey Mary...!!! was wondering if

hey Mary...!!! was wondering if your baddie was something you disputed or something that fell as due to age?
15 years 11 months ago #433

Replied by MaryM on topic Ok, had an alert that

Ok, had an alert that one of my baddies fell off on Equifax this morning. Whoo hoo! But I noticed that my score stayed the same. Does anyone know why? I figured as soon as May rolled around my score would it least go up a few points.
15 years 11 months ago #434
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Have you tired any yet?

Have you tired any yet?
16 years 1 week ago #435