Credit Scores

Replied by ohwoody on topic Credit Ratings

Ok...Im looking for credit ratings,meaning what score range is poor credit? fair credit? Good credit?Excellent credit? Im looking examples such as...."poor credit is abc-123." Do any of yall have any idea?

Thanks
ohwoody
14 years 11 months ago #106
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Scores

Now that is what I am talking about, gone with your bad self. I can't wait til Aug either. Congrats on your next months drops!
:white-flag:
14 years 11 months ago #107

Replied by kforbes86 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Hey everyone!!! i just got my new credit reports for this month through my monitering service. i can order a report from all 3 whenever i want for one amount per month. last month, i opened a charge account at a jewely store, and yesterday, it finally went on my reports. sadly, they only report to experien and transunion, but that is okay, since i think most creditors use those 2 anyway. last month my scores were 509, 515, 515. now they are 509, 543, and 552. equifax still stuck at 509, which is why i wish they reported to them too. it is amazing how just one more month of positive payments on 2 credit cards and a charge account, and a drop in utilization can raise my scores 30-40 points in a month! i have a Ton of inquaries that will fall off next month and then a lot more in august. cant wait to see what my scores do then!
14 years 11 months ago #108

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Risk Score Vs. FICO

FICO Score Watch by Equifax - This is the one that matters. I called Equifax and was told this is a pure "100%" FICO score. I actually called to cancel, but this convinced me to stay.

The Chase Risk score is likely to be a scoring formula developed by Chase. It's not important. In fact, I would probably ditch it.

I ditched my Chase monitoring system and am sticking to myfico to keep track of my score.
15 years 1 month ago #109

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Credit Scores

Young man (hjm331) I'm extremely proud of your accomplishment (700 club) ! Be proud of your hard work and your lending of knowledge to others who seek the same objective !

Now that your here lets go to BOA, get a couple of auto loans, purchase a couple of BMW's and see America ! :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing:
15 years 1 month ago #110

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Credit Scores

Thanks Mathman. What you stated almost mirrors exactly what my sister said. Thanks a lot for the post. Rockin35
15 years 1 month ago #111

Replied by mathman on topic Re: Risk Score Vs. FICO

FICO Score Watch by Equifax - This is the one that matters. I called Equifax and was told this is a pure "100%" FICO score. I actually called to cancel, but this convinced me to stay.

The Chase Risk score is likely to be a scoring formula developed by Chase. It's not important. In fact, I would probably ditch it.
15 years 1 month ago #112

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Risk Score Vs. FICO

Does anyone know which score is the actual model being used by Mortgage companies and creditors? I realize that this issue has been discussed on this board as well as on credit card reviews but I'm trying to find out which one to monitor the closest?

I have the ID Protection with Chase which gives you all 3 "Risk Scores" on a scale from 150-930 or something similar to that, and the Equifax Score Watch which ranges from 350-850. My Risk score is a 681(classified as Good) and my FICO Score Watch is a 714 with Equifax (classified as Good).

Which one is the most regarded?

Rockin35!
15 years 1 month ago #113

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Credit Scores

That is a good goal HJM!

My goal isn't so much my score anymore as much as it is just paying off my existing balances and never using credit again...unless it's a dire emergency.

Credit cards are fabulous in a booming economy, but this recession has made me, and I think the rest of us, think about using cold hard cash in lieu of credit.

It is up to us, responsible borrowers, to pay off our existing debt. It's one of the only things we as consumers have power over...regarding the dwindling economy.

:embarrassed:
15 years 3 months ago #114

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

I don't think I'll be at 800 anytime soon but I'm shooting for 750 by the end of the year.
15 years 3 months ago #115
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Get out of here bro, I am so proud of you. You have made it to the top of the world.... :laugh: :laugh:
:white-flag:
15 years 3 months ago #116

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: What a way to star the new year!

I pulled my EX FICO score and I'm finally in the 700 club!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/thabizman/fico.jpg

Congrats to you! That is a great way to start 2009! Won't be long and you'll be sitting at the 800 table.:cool:
15 years 3 months ago #117

Replied by hjm331 on topic What a way to star the new year!

I pulled my EX FICO score and I'm finally in the 700 club!

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/thabizman/fico.jpg
15 years 3 months ago #118

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Scores

I hear about it all the time. It doesn't work all the time, though.
15 years 3 months ago #119
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Here is a thread that was started by kiejon9, he has a good example for what you are looking for https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=909
Good Luck!
15 years 3 months ago #120