AMEX Cards

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: AMEX Cards

does any one know if being an AU on a Dillards's American Express Credit Card matters and will it open the door to getting my own?
a friend of mine added me on hers and i know its not going to do anything to my score but i would like to have a card of my one someday.
and will it be on my report ?
15 years 8 months ago #211

Replied by rwmtd on topic Amex Oasis Program

Hello everyone, a friend of mine was telling me about a program that American Express called "Amex Oasis" it is for those that have defaulted on a Amex card in the past. They said that what Amex does is ask you to pay off the past due balance in 90 days but here is the kicker they give you an Optima card with a limit that equals half of the defaulted balance. It is actually what they call a "recovery" product I was told.

When the balance is paid in full they start the counter from when you first opened your account (for example if you opened an account in 1988).

Has anyone here ever heard of this program?

TIA
15 years 8 months ago #212
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: AMEX Cards

I still have to come across an outsourced rep with AMEX CS. If they want to provide the best CS in the industry, the last thing they need to do is outsource their CS.
15 years 9 months ago #213

Replied by cireone on topic Re: AMEX Cards

Sorry, forgot about them two. I cant get accounts with them so I don't know if they're outsourced or not. Thanks for the info.
15 years 9 months ago #214

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: AMEX Cards

Its just Corporate America trying to penny pinch their way to serve us. I think AmEx and Discover are one of teh few credit issuers that still have call centers based in the US.

I work for Citi and we have many call centers thru the US.

Everytime I call Chase, whether its my checking/savings or credit cards I get a "Real American" :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #215

Replied by cireone on topic Re: AMEX Cards

Its just Corporate America trying to penny pinch their way to serve us. I think AmEx and Discover are one of teh few credit issuers that still have call centers based in the US.
15 years 9 months ago #216

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: AMEX Cards

At least you're talking to a real American when you call CS. There aren't too many of those nowadays especially with companies outsourcing to other countries.

That's true in a lot of respects. I have been getting sales calls from my credit cards and it is usually from a non-native English speaker. If I have questions, I usually get a native English speaking person.
15 years 9 months ago #217

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: AMEX Cards

ain't that a shame!

We have 4 Amex cards and I'm crossing my fingers that they don't screw us.

Pray also
15 years 9 months ago #218

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: AMEX Cards

ain't that a shame!

We have 4 Amex cards and I'm crossing my fingers that they don't screw us.
15 years 9 months ago #219
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

At least you're talking to a real American when you call CS. There aren't too many of those nowadays especially with companies outsourcing to other countries.
15 years 9 months ago #220

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: AMEX Cards

That is why I don't use them so much anymore!
15 years 9 months ago #221

Replied by Meya on topic Re: AMEX Cards

Amex are true "Indian Givers":upset:
15 years 9 months ago #222
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Even if he was use the AMEX card, he should carry a back-up card because they can decrease your limit and/or suspend your account at any given time.
15 years 10 months ago #223

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: AMEX Cards

hjm331, I know that. We've had the green amex for over 7yrs now. They have just offered my hub the option to paying monthly if he wants. We've had the clear about 2yrs and he has the sign and travel option which allows him to make monthly payments as well. We've had th eGold for about a yearwhich we barely use and now the Platinum.

While the Green and Gold are charge cards, for some of their customers they do offer the montly payment option and neither of these cards have limits.

The Clear does have a limit. Amex gave him a $3500CLI pressing the luv button for the first time. Now, the limit is $12500 but my hub. barely charges. He is a no frills kind of dude.
15 years 10 months ago #224
  • hjm331
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Yeah, that's not new with AMEX. :cheesing:
15 years 10 months ago #225