AMEX Cards

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: AMEX Cards

The $95 annual fee on the green card justifies having the variety to use my points how ever I wish. With the Blue Card that I used to have, I really didn't have that option.

Here is a link: www.amexcardadvisor.com .
14 years 9 months ago #136

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: AMEX Cards

What benefits come along with the green and gold cards to justify their high annual fees?

The only thing I remember from my Gold card was the event tickets. You could call Amex and get hard to find tickets to concerts and sporting events. This was back when the annual fee was "only" $75. I think the Amex Charge Cards are only good for people who make a lot of money and travel. I like my Amex Blue much better and it comes with free Membership Rewards.
14 years 9 months ago #137

Replied by charonh on topic Re: AMEX Cards

What benefits come along with the green and gold cards to justify their high annual fees?
14 years 9 months ago #138

Replied by rabbit713 on topic Re: AMEX Cards

GOLD is $150.00
14 years 9 months ago #139

2 months? Do you get a new account number when they do that?

I didn't get a new account number, just the card and the rewards changed. Since I just got an Amex green charge card, I am being soliceted to upgrade to a Platinum charge card. Right now, I can't justify a $450 annual fee. I can justify a $95 annual fee for my brand new Green card, maybe a few months down the road I can justify having the Gold charge and it's $125 annual fee.
14 years 9 months ago #140

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: AMEX Cards

What I have noticed that if you have an Amex card already, they are a little more willing to do conversions and let you have more cards with them. If you already have an established relationship, it can open many doors with Amex. Last year, I wanted to convert my Blue card that was opened in August of 2007 to an Amex Clear. They said yes and it was converted. Now I am in the process of converting my Amex Clear to the Amex Blue Cash. The conversions take about two months to do.

2 months? Do you get a new account number when they do that?
14 years 9 months ago #141

What I have noticed that if you have an Amex card already, they are a little more willing to do conversions and let you have more cards with them. If you already have an established relationship, it can open many doors with Amex. Last year, I wanted to convert my Blue card that was opened in August of 2007 to an Amex Clear. They said yes and it was converted. Now I am in the process of converting my Amex Clear to the Amex Blue Cash. The conversions take about two months to do.
14 years 9 months ago #142

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: AMEX Cards (COLONATIVE)

MY RECENTLY SCORES ARE

Like elderwen said, you will likely qualify for the Green Amex card and maybe even Gold Rewards. Because these are charge cards that require payment in full each month, Amex takes less of a risk then on a credit card like Blue.

As far as Discover Card: all I can say is that scores (and yours are good)are not everything. They look at the big picture; how long have you had credit, any late payments reporting, any charge offs and inquiries. Discover is pretty conservative so you want to make sure you do not have anything bad on your credit report and have very few inquiries.
14 years 9 months ago #143

You might be able to get a green charge card with Amex. You would only need fair credit for the Green Rewards charge card. The first year, you don't have to pay the annual fee because it is waived. If you don't wan't an annual fee card, then I wouldn't go for it. Discover is very hard to get into because they are very conservative. Discover doesn't give high limits.
14 years 9 months ago #144

Replied by qchau on topic Re: AMEX Cards (COLONATIVE)

I have heard for the Green and Gold charge card you do not have to have as high a FICO, but that does not mean that they will give you endless spending power. Because the balance is due in full each month and you pay an annual fee, they take less of a risk on you compared to a credit card product.

MY RECENTLY SCORES ARE: 719 (EX), 709 (TU) & 692 (EQ) - DO YOU THINK I WILL QUALIFIED FOR ANY AMEX OR DISCOVER CARDS? THANKS :dumbfounded:
14 years 9 months ago #145

Replied by Meya on topic Re: AMEX Cards

That post had to be over one year old :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . If I had scores of 1000 with 0 util, I still would not apply. I dusted them off of my shoulders a long time ago. Now that is what you call, catching up on a thread...lolz!
14 years 9 months ago #146

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: AMEX Cards (Meya)

i don't know what scores you have at this time - to qualified for any amex cards - (recommended) minimum required is 730 and other two must be above this number - good luck

Meya has joined the ranks of the AMEX haters in this forum. I think her goal now is Citibank. :white-flag:

Honestly though, and everybody has their own opinion, I love my AMEX and I have had no problems with them.
14 years 9 months ago #147

Replied by qchau on topic Re: AMEX Cards (Meya)

I really want the Jet Blue or Delta Gold. I was denied for both

i don't know what scores you have at this time - to qualified for any amex cards - (recommended) minimum required is 730 and other two must be above this number - good luck
14 years 9 months ago #148

ELdarwen at what places were you charging to your AMEX, just want to know to be on the safe side, also did you have any high balances on other cards?

At the time, I had a $400 balance on my Chase Freedom and on that card I did and do have a $5,000 CL on that one. I mainly shop at Borders, my local grocery store and CVS. I may have used my Amex at Walmart once. they probably didn't care for my inquires. Then, I didn't have a credit plan like I do now. Maybe a few years down the road, I will have bigger credit limits and other cards.
14 years 9 months ago #149

Replied by rabbit713 on topic Re: AMEX Cards

ELdarwen at what places were you charging to your AMEX, just want to know to be on the safe side, also did you have any high balances on other cards?
14 years 9 months ago #150