Replied by jpnguyen on topic Denied for an AMEX Green

Totally bummed. =/
Applied for RECON but the same deal.

Recent fico 696

Current CL 4050 on 4 cards / roughly 17% utilization

Can't wait until I get out of school and start a full-time gig =(
15 years 6 months ago #196

Replied by iantha1 on topic Re: AMEX Cards

Hello every one, I for one am not interested in the amex card. But what i do want to no is if any of you are getting offers from them by email ??
I have started getting offers from them about 2 weeks ago. My score's are not even close(to what they require). My dad must have added me as an au on one of his cards to futher boost my riseing credit score. So any way just wanted to no if you all are getting offers by email from them.
15 years 8 months ago #197

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: AMEX Cards

What are the benefits to an Amex? I have th Delta Skymiles Amex.
15 years 8 months ago #198

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: AMEX Cards

once again thank you sweetie you are the best :cheesing:
15 years 8 months ago #199

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: AMEX Cards

and i will ask the same thing again
can someone answer me with out jumping over what i asked cause i am sure i am not the only one who may want to know this

It appears to me that some card company don't report AU. Especially if the card company doesn't ask for the SS # or address.

With just a name, and it's not reported on the AU credit history.

As you well know ..I'm a Cap1 AU on my brothers card. They did ask for my d.o.b and SS#. Before I knew it ..it's reporting on my CR as an AU w/credit limits, pymt history and everything. I was an AU for one month before I got a pre-approval in the mail. (finally). I think I would have never got the pre-approval if I wasn't on my brothers card.
15 years 8 months ago #200

Replied by Luv_My_Son on topic Re: AMEX Cards

Thank you for the congratulatory and yes Costco is the bomb !
15 years 8 months ago #201

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: AMEX Cards

I absolutely love love love Costco (Can you tell how much I love them
15 years 8 months ago #202

whats odd to me is that they only asked my name no address no ssn.
and they are going to mail the card to her and she has to give it to me
how can they report with just my name ?

and i will ask the same thing again
can someone answer me with out jumping over what i asked cause i am sure i am not the only one who may want to know this.:upset:
15 years 8 months ago #203
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: AMEX Cards

Costco is a great place to shop. My mother does all of her shopping there and everytime she shops there, she at least spends $200 but she doesn't have the Costco AMEX. However, I did get her approved for the AMEX Delta Skymiles in January so hopefully we can convert that into the Costco AMEX and take advantage of its benefits.
15 years 8 months ago #204

Replied by Luv_My_Son on topic Re: AMEX Cards

My wife gave birth to our little man in April '08. We been Costco members for a year now. On August 7th, we signed up for the Executive Membership that gives us 2% cash back on Costco Purchases.

Over the past year I have seen the advertisement for this American Express card combined into the Costco Membership card.

I never went for it until August 7th when I said screw it all they ( AMEX ) can say is no and I would still have my Exec Membership with the 2% cash back.

Filled out the short application with name, address, social security and get this the application didn't asked for yearly income !

Member desk submitted application and BAM ! :cheesing:

Two minutes later I was approved for the AMEX Card with a $7,500 credit limit

Now I will get 3% ( 2% Costco ) & ( 1% AMEX ) cash back on my Costco Purchases.

3% on gas except for competitors such as Sam's
3% on restaurants including fast food
2% on travel expenses
1% on everything else

Plus, I am entitled to all AMEX great products !

SIDE NOTE

You can only get this card if you are a Costco paid member. If you cancel your Costco membership your AMEX Card automatically cancels also.

This AMEX Costco Card is ideal to us because we acourse buy lots and lots of diapers and formula among other bulk items from Costco consistently.
15 years 8 months ago #205

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: AMEX Cards

I would like to have a BoA Amex card. It seems like BoA grows with people and does not seem to be as shady as regular Amex.
15 years 8 months ago #206

They probably only need 2 pieces of identifying info i.e name and address.

CAP1 pre-selector doesnt' require a SS# and they do a soft pull of your credit and see if they have any card offers for you.

no i mean being added as an AU
15 years 8 months ago #207

Replied by shark6 on topic Re: AMEX Cards

They probably only need 2 pieces of identifying info i.e name and address.

CAP1 pre-selector doesnt' require a SS# and they do a soft pull of your credit and see if they have any card offers for you.
15 years 8 months ago #208

whats odd to me is that they only asked my name no address no ssn.
and they are going to mail the card to her and she has to give it to me
how can they report with just my name ?
15 years 8 months ago #209
  • hjm331
  • hjm331's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: AMEX Cards

Rwmtd, yes I have heard of that program but not in detail. That's good to know especially if you had a card with AMEX in the past. You can re-open it and gain the history which will increase your score depending on the length of history gets reported on your report.

Mousepad, if the account is in good standing and at least a year old, it will help your score as soon as it hits your report. Wait a month or two until the account info shows up on your report and apply for a card of your own. If you use it occasionally, then I'd say just wait until your scores get better.
15 years 8 months ago #210