Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by jenn84ga on topic Easy gas card?

I'm looking for a gas card my husband can be approved for without a credit history. Thanks!
14 years 3 weeks ago #301

Replied by krave on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Thanks Finance Globe & smcc.

Maybe I'll call them when we go to Las Vegas & Grand Canyon, 'cause San Francisco is still in CA. :cheesing:
14 years 3 weeks ago #302

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

I know I have to call BOA when I go out of town. They will and have turned my Visa Signature(s) off until they are notified of what's going on.
14 years 3 weeks ago #303

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

You should notify your issuer if you are going out of the country. You should be ok. Anyhow, don't fear a fraud alert, as it's there to protect you and the bank. Normally a transaction that is questionable will let a cashier know that you need to call the issuer so they can verify it is you making the purchase.
14 years 3 weeks ago #304

Replied by krave on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

@hanna - amen to that! :white-flag:

another Q... hope nobody would think this is a stupid question...

I'll be going out of town for a family vacation...
Do I have to inform the credit card companies that I'll be out of my "local" area? What are the chances of getting my transactions denied if I do not inform them? Because I saw in Chase's online banking that you could submit a "Travel Notification" form for your credit card...

We'll be going to San Francisco this week, then to Las Vegas & Grand Canyon next week...by the way, I live around in the LA area... =)
14 years 3 weeks ago #305

Replied by hanna on topic Re: Universal Studios AMEX Card

hi hanna!

if i did not discover this forum and interact with the people here, i would have definitely said "yes!" to the free stuff and apply for credit. but thanks to this forum, i learned a lot of things that helps me build a good credit history and stay focused on my goal.

same here krave :cheesing: Even though I'm still quite new here, I've learned more than I expected from this forum. I've learned to be more responsible with my credit cards and other finance issues. I honestly thought before that I should be ashamed of myself for paying through plastics, but I realized that I shouldn't be. Plastics can really be an advantage if we only know how to use it wisely. :cool:
14 years 1 month ago #306

Replied by krave on topic Re: Universal Studios AMEX Card

What self-restraint you have there krave! I envy you..

hi hanna!

if i did not discover this forum and interact with the people here, i would have definitely said "yes!" to the free stuff and apply for credit. but thanks to this forum, i learned a lot of things that helps me build a good credit history and stay focused on my goal. :cheesing: im just a newbie, but everybody has been so nice to me here in Finance Globe. :white-flag:

maybe after a year,,, maybe i would apply for that Amex card... hahahah!:fun:
14 years 1 month ago #307

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: New credit card

Can someone tell me how long it takes these days for Amex to report a new account to all 3 credit bureaus? My account was opened on the 15 of this month (March) thanks.

It is probably already on Experian, but I would guess that on your cycle date it will report.
14 years 1 month ago #308

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

I have a friend who has a number of credit cards and she's trying to pay them all off so that she can cancel them when she's done paying. Is this a wise idea? I mean, I know that those cards have helped her during emergency situations but she said she's already tired of having lots of debts to pay for. I'm trying to convince her to just not use it a lot or go over her limit coz having those cards on healthy credit may help her in the future. Am I correct or is she right to just cancel them all?

You really only need 1-3 credit cards. I would keep the one with the best value (Apr, limit, etc). If she has an American Express and a few Visa's keeping one of each would be wise. I'd keep one in my wallet and place one away in a safe place. Good luck.
14 years 1 month ago #309

Replied by hanna on topic Re: Universal Studios AMEX Card

I went to Universal Studios today, and one of the representatives approached me and asked

What self-restraint you have there krave! I envy you...:cheesing:
14 years 1 month ago #310

Replied by hanna on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

I have a friend who has a number of credit cards and she's trying to pay them all off so that she can cancel them when she's done paying. Is this a wise idea? I mean, I know that those cards have helped her during emergency situations but she said she's already tired of having lots of debts to pay for. I'm trying to convince her to just not use it a lot or go over her limit coz having those cards on healthy credit may help her in the future. Am I correct or is she right to just cancel them all? :confused:
14 years 1 month ago #311

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: New credit card

Depends on when your next minimum payment is due. About 1 month after that date. Sometimes credit card companies give you a free month (Capital One). Also, if you're anxious to know when, don't forget checking your credit report daily can cause a split. Be careful.

Joey.
14 years 1 month ago #312

Replied by artinsocal on topic New credit card

How long does it take Amex to report a brand new account to all 3 credit bureaus? Thanks.
14 years 1 month ago #313

Replied by artinsocal on topic New credit card

Can someone tell me how long it takes these days for Amex to report a new account to all 3 credit bureaus? My account was opened on the 15 of this month (March) thanks.
14 years 1 month ago #314

Replied by Wanderer on topic Hsbc

Anyone know what HSBC is doing with the new HSBC Advance...? They changed their website today.
14 years 1 month ago #315