Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

i just got my official fico scores today... equifax, 674, transunion, 643, and experian, 638, even withh all my inquaries. when i started re-building 2 years ago, all scores were right around 500. this shows me that my hard work is paying off, and re building is a long and slow process.

looking back, it took me 3 years from the time i was 18 years old to 21 years old, to ruin my file. now it is taking that long just to re-build back to respectable scores again.

Congrats...!
It is painfully slow but it is possible. You are proof to all of us that it can be done. :cool:
13 years 9 months ago #226

Replied by kforbes86 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

i just got my official fico scores today... equifax, 674, transunion, 643, and experian, 638, even withh all my inquaries. when i started re-building 2 years ago, all scores were right around 500. this shows me that my hard work is paying off, and re building is a long and slow process.

looking back, it took me 3 years from the time i was 18 years old to 21 years old, to ruin my file. now it is taking that long just to re-build back to respectable scores again.
13 years 9 months ago #227

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Couldn't find a Cap One thread so I will ask here. Went out to the site and went through their "Lets see what your pre qualified for" link. I was pre qualified for the following:

• Platinum Prestige
  • Venture
  • Venture One
Ok all you Cap One afficinado's, are any of these worth the time ? One claims to be as good as an Amex Charge Card.
13 years 9 months ago #228

Replied by belle on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

belle - in 2008 or thereabouts, USAA openned some (not all) of their products to the outside world (that is to non-military personnel). Credit cards, credit monitoring, checking, savings, CD's, personal loans and auto loans, along with investment products were openned to non-military personnel. As I recall, the property & casualty products are NOT open to non-military personnel.

Of credit cards on the market, USAA Savings Bank FSB has some of the best. There rewards programs is about average but they are fair about CL's and interest rates. You might want to look up www.USAA.com and call them (feel them out).

Thanks Wanderer. I'll check on it. :)
13 years 9 months ago #229

i will be calling them within the next 2 days. i was telling meya that it is not that it has not reported in a couple months, but that it has not reported at all.

Cool!
13 years 9 months ago #230

i will be calling them within the next 2 days. i was telling meya that it is not that it has not reported in a couple months, but that it has not reported at all.
13 years 9 months ago #231

kforbes86 - On June 26, 2010 I reviewed this challenge on credit bureau reporting. You need to contact the creditor and inform them. Weirdness can happen. I found one bank where for four years I wondered exactly the same thing, "...why doesn't my card report to Transunion...". Finally, I contacted the bank who took it to Transunion and found a computer glitch. No one had reported the snafu to the bank or Transunion. It took them a month but they fixed all the accounts the bank reported to Transunion. You need to be proactive and contact the bank.:white-flag:
13 years 9 months ago #232

the account itself was never reported to transunion when i poened it 6 months ago. the account is not listed in transunion at all still. it is listed in the other 2 though.
13 years 9 months ago #233
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Keep your fingers crossed for me everyone, my hooters mastercard will close it's 6th statement in the next 1 or 2 days, and i am really hoping for a limit increase!!!

THey are crossed. as soon as it comes though, go straight to the thread Report Your Limit Increases Here so that we can cheer for you.
13 years 9 months ago #234
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

I have had my hooters mastercard for 6 months now. is it supposed to report to all three credit bureaus? for the last 6 months it has shown on experian and equifax, but not transunion. the account is still not showing on transunion. should i contact the bank or the credit bureau first?

I have had experiences with them where they did not show on two cb's for like 3 months, by the time it was ready for me to pull again, they filled in the gaps. I will just say hold on, you will notice.
13 years 9 months ago #235

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

USAA Savings Bank FSB has some of the best.

:white-flag:
13 years 9 months ago #236

belle - in 2008 or thereabouts, USAA openned some (not all) of their products to the outside world (that is to non-military personnel). Credit cards, credit monitoring, checking, savings, CD's, personal loans and auto loans, along with investment products were openned to non-military personnel. As I recall, the property & casualty products are NOT open to non-military personnel.

Of credit cards on the market, USAA Savings Bank FSB has some of the best. There rewards programs is about average but they are fair about CL's and interest rates. You might want to look up www.USAA.com and call them (feel them out).
13 years 9 months ago #237

Replied by belle on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Just to add about USAA - you can be NON-Military to take advantage of the credit cards ( I have one) or the credit monitoring service that they offer.

So you have a relative who's with the military service? Based on the positive feedback here aobut USAA, I wish I can take advantage of their services. But, I'm not with military or have a relative who's with the military service. :(
13 years 9 months ago #238

kforbes86 - Had the same problem with a different bank credit card. It took them a month but the bank and credit bureau found a computer glitch reporting problem. In my case it had been going on for four years and I finally questioned it. It turned out many others were affected by the same credit reporting snafu.

Give them a shout and get it fixed. It could be you, or way bigger yet.
13 years 9 months ago #239

I have had my hooters mastercard for 6 months now. is it supposed to report to all three credit bureaus? for the last 6 months it has shown on experian and equifax, but not transunion. the account is still not showing on transunion. should i contact the bank or the credit bureau first?
13 years 9 months ago #240