Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Transunion suddenly found two more credit card inquires back to 2008 and applied them to my CR. Of course the hits sent me reeling. Why? It spills over to other CB's. It seems (real or otherwise) that things seem to happen at one CB and then all of a sudden at the other CB.

Here is one for the books, Wells Fargo Bank NA (my mother and father) feels it is there mission and responsibility to keep the credit bureaus up to date (as they see it) and informs the credit bureau of my address change as soon as I changed my checks. When did they become my mother and father? I closed ALL my relationships with Wells Fargo Bank NA as there are enough strange happening's in today's credit world without them and there strange policies.

I was rapped by Wells Fargo Bank NA for too many inquiries on my CR and they were eight of them since October 2008. Go figure! :upset: Some of the inquiries were for their credit cards and some were for purchasing CD's along with them just being nosey!
13 years 11 months ago #271
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

The Dillards Amex must be totally different from store card, the store card barely offered me enough to pay for parfumes
13 years 11 months ago #272

Replied by D98LAKEFAN on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

do you have the american express dilliards card i have it and have gotten generous credit line increases call them and say you want to talk to underwriting and they will do a manual review of your account . i have gotten mine from 1400 when it opened to 10g in just two years but you have to use it extensively and pay it off in full every month to get a chance to do it . so if you can use to close to the limit and make sure you pay it off every 30 days. and you will have a really good chance what is your limit right now.
13 years 11 months ago #273

Replied by kforbes86 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

thanks for the info honeyb. i was wondering what happend.
13 years 11 months ago #274

Replied by honeyb on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Only now and then. maybe once evry 5 months or so. i pull experian a lot more than the others. i was just very suprised when i pulled the report from equifax website and the 2 negative accounts were gone and it said 0 inquaries in the last 2 years. i am just hoping that none of it comes back.

Hold your horses!:fun:

There seems to be a system glitch happening with online EQ reports that we the consumers pull. Mine is doing that and so are others. You will need to order hard-copies; they contain everything! Even though the creditors pull their reports online, their version of the online reports are the same as the hard-copy.
13 years 11 months ago #275

Only now and then. maybe once evry 5 months or so. i pull experian a lot more than the others. i was just very suprised when i pulled the report from equifax website and the 2 negative accounts were gone and it said 0 inquaries in the last 2 years. i am just hoping that none of it comes back.
13 years 11 months ago #276

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

some were, some werent. i had tons of inquaries..... some close to 2 years old, some only a month old. they all disappeared. 2 charged-off accounts disappeared too..... just from equifax. they are still all on transunion and experian. those were not due to fall off for about 2 more years.

How often do you pull your Equifax credit report?
13 years 11 months ago #277

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: which one

Agreed I have the Gconomy Card CL of 1,000 and VISA BLACK with 15,000 compared to my 10 other cards these are low w/HIGH HIGH HIGH Interest rates, they must be a divison of GEMB lol jk

You're paying the $495 annual fee on the Black Visa?
13 years 11 months ago #278

some were, some werent. i had tons of inquaries..... some close to 2 years old, some only a month old. they all disappeared. 2 charged-off accounts disappeared too..... just from equifax. they are still all on transunion and experian. those were not due to fall off for about 2 more years.
13 years 11 months ago #279

Replied by Jmsr39 on topic Re: which one

I don't know much about Barclay... The one thing I do know is they give out small credit limits. The Apple Store credit card is issued by Barclay, often times people complain they can't even fit the entire computer purchase on the card -- and receive the special financing. They also used to run the iTunes card.

I think they're located overseas as well.

Agreed I have the Gconomy Card CL of 1,000 and VISA BLACK with 15,000 compared to my 10 other cards these are low w/HIGH HIGH HIGH Interest rates, they must be a divison of GEMB lol jk
13 years 11 months ago #280

a weird thing happend a while back, 2 charged off accounts and every single inquary disappeared from euifax. not sure if it was a glitch or what but they all just disappeared one day. they were there and then the next report i pulled they were gone. been gone for over 2 months now and havnt showed up again.

Were the inquiries 2 years old? Inquiries fall off your reports when they hit the 2 year mark.
13 years 11 months ago #281

thanks hjm. i will wait on hooters and see at the 6 month mark. i will have to pull a transunion and equifax report and see about it.

a weird thing happend a while back, 2 charged off accounts and every single inquary disappeared from euifax. not sure if it was a glitch or what but they all just disappeared one day. they were there and then the next report i pulled they were gone. been gone for over 2 months now and havnt showed up again.
13 years 11 months ago #282

does anyone know which credit bureaus fingerhut reports to now that metabank bought the accounts? i had heard equifax and transunion, but i am not sure. i have had the account for about three months and i havnt seen it on my experian, i monitor it daily. been a good account for credit limit increases so far, open three months and i got my first credit limit increase already. should get one every three months they told me.

Not sure as to what CB's they report to. It's one of those things that you're going to have to wait to see for yourself.

one more question if anyone has an answer. how long before possibly getting a limit increase on my hooters mastercard? i have had it going on 5 months now, no increase. i have used it modestly, usually for small amounts, and pay in full. should i be using it heavily to get the increase?

From what I've read, Hooters usually gives CLI's every six months. They don't accept customer-initiated requests so they periodically review your account every so often and give you a CLI if you meet their criteria.
13 years 11 months ago #283

one more question if anyone has an answer. how long before possibly getting a limit increase on my hooters mastercard? i have had it going on 5 months now, no increase. i have used it modestly, usually for small amounts, and pay in full. should i be using it heavily to get the increase?
13 years 11 months ago #284

does anyone know which credit bureaus fingerhut reports to now that metabank bought the accounts? i had heard equifax and transunion, but i am not sure. i have had the account for about three months and i havnt seen it on my experian, i monitor it daily. been a good account for credit limit increases so far, open three months and i got my first credit limit increase already. should get one every three months they told me.
13 years 11 months ago #285