Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by kforbes86 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Hey everyone. I got my fico scores this last week, and was suprised!! eq 708 and tu 699. 2 years ago, my scores were around 520. i never thought i could build my credit to this level. the only baddies i have is one 6 year old paid collection reporting to experian and transunion.
the only problem i am having is getting people to budge on higher limits. right now i have open:

capital one i just opened last month. $500 cl
hooters card opened in january. $300 limit, they wont budge
wells fargo platinum, my secured that un-secured. $750 limit, they wont budge either
ge money mastercard $750, wont budge either
buckle store card $1100 now, started with$300 less than 2 years ago.
personal loan from bank, $1,000 original balance, now $54 balance.

my balances are less than 40% of my limits. i really wish i knew why no one will give me higher limit or raise my limits. my credit has gotten better by leaps and bounds since opening some of these.
13 years 6 months ago #196

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Denied for an orchard m/c

Thanks. A follow up question, how do they determine if the card can be unsecured? Any ideas?

Usually provided you were never late or over the limit with them and you have no new baddies on your cbr, most banks only make you wait the determined time for it to be unsecured. As I have said before about Capital One though, they do not advertise when they make it unsecured. I would imagine it might be a longer time than the other banks.
13 years 7 months ago #197

Replied by hanna on topic Re: Denied for an orchard m/c

How much is the required deposit?

Capital One's website indicates that it can be as low as $200 and as high as $3000. Each bank and credit union is different. Usually it is a minimum of $300 and a max of $5000.

Thanks. A follow up question, how do they determine if the card can be unsecured? Any ideas?
13 years 7 months ago #198

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

I am pretty sure that I have the answers here, but anyone is welcome to put me on the spot if I am wrong.

As far as the duplicate card account goes, I believe that this is just the way it was reported, as being possibly stolen. Some card companies will report this as a new account and close the old one, even though it is still the same account. This happened to me as well. The main question here is will they all be treated as the same account for "length of credit" purposes.

Personally, if I am not 100% sure a card was stolen, I report it as lost for this reason.

The card should show up in either your next reporting cycle, or the one after that, depending on how fast Capital One initially reports.
13 years 7 months ago #199

Replied by kforbes86 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Hey everyone, i have a couple questions that i know someone here will know the answer to.
the first one is, my wallet was lost and i reported all of my cards lost/stolen. i was sent new cards, and now on my credit reports, all the accounts are duplicated. each account now shows acccount colsed, card reported lost/stolen, paid/never late, and a new account has been listed for each showing open/never late with same open date.

is this normal after reporting a card lost or stolen?

second thing is, i was just approved for a new capital one card last saturday. i had a charge off with them in 2005, and am very happy to be approved and back in with them.
gave me $500 limit, no interest till april 2011. $39 annual fee

does anyone know how long it will take the new account to show on my credit reports?
13 years 7 months ago #200

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Thanks for the heads up HJM331

Keep us updated
13 years 7 months ago #201

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

That's a common denial reason with GEMB for their Chevron cards, non-Visa and Visa. I would call customer service and get a hold of their security/fraud department and see if you can mail or fax them a copy of your driver's license or utility bill. That should do the trick.

Thanks for the heads up HJM331
13 years 7 months ago #202

That's a common denial reason with GEMB for their Chevron cards, non-Visa and Visa. I would call customer service and get a hold of their security/fraud department and see if you can mail or fax them a copy of your driver's license or utility bill. That should do the trick.
13 years 7 months ago #203

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Chevron Visa, So I applied for this card (why when I don't even own a car

So I have I think 3 CC from GE Money Bank (which also is Chevron Visa) anyhoo they denied me the card because they couldn't verify my identity?

Can anyone please tell me what is that about?
13 years 8 months ago #204

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I know I've been MIA but I haven't forgotten about you guys. :cool:
13 years 8 months ago #205

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

Good to see you posting Hjm!

Amend! Wondered if we had become too... much for the old pro! :worried:
13 years 8 months ago #206

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

The only thing I look for in a bank or CU is ATM and branch locations. As long as there are either one of them near my house or work, I'll be satisfied.

Good to see you posting Hjm! :fun:
13 years 8 months ago #207

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

I have 5 BOA atm's near me and they are awesome to use.
13 years 8 months ago #208

The only thing I look for in a bank or CU is ATM and branch locations. As long as there are either one of them near my house or work, I'll be satisfied.
13 years 8 months ago #209

Replied by uzipolo on topic Re: Credit Card Questions

if we are talking about convience then i would go with the bank that we have in atlanta ga called...best bank
its the only bank i know that are open on sundays and they have specials all the time about opening checking/busines accounts and getting 100- 200 dollars plus they have all the bells and whistles the big banks have they are opearted out of Kroger stores(well well...bank of america used to do this in the late 90's-early 2000's at all Kroger stores here but they closed and let best bank do it now)

if you are talking about pound per pound overall big kahuna then the credit union is the way to go it has soooo much more to offer..we can start with interst rates on loans ALONE will blow the big banks away let only savings accounts and CD's man i can go on and on with this on

but cant hate on BOA they let me go over with the debit card during christmas time all i had was 3.33 in the bank and got a HDTV for 596.99.sooooo BOA is cool for that..but thats just MY EXPERINCE
13 years 8 months ago #210