Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by kadams212 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

i have never been able to get approved for any card that bofa offers, but my mother who has a score of about 800 has had one of their cards for years and a checking account. she asked some questions about the card with a 20,000 limit and they decreased her limit to 3600(has a balance of about 3000). she was really mad but said she would not close it right now. of course she has american express, but how much will this affect her score?:shocked:
14 years 9 months ago #196

Replied by darryl on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Paypal Buyer Credit CLD

I have had this account since 3/08 with a $500 cl. I always pay over the minimum due and I just checked today and they cld me to $350, $5 under my balance. This is stupid. No lates in over a year, all of my other accounts that were bad were pif before I even got the card. I am going to pay this off and then I am thinking about canceling the account. Do you think it would hurt my score if I close this account? I really don't want to fool with them anymore.

Thanks a lot!

I certainly agree with you. Your advice is really very helpful for us.
14 years 9 months ago #197

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I love these hidden trade lines. You have managed to find two now (UMB and NewEgg). Do you know of any others?

Nope. I will update as soon as I find some other ones.
14 years 9 months ago #198

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I am so sorry hjm331. I know how hard you worked to get your credit to this level. I also would like to say that I told you guys months ago, BOA is not the way to go right now. Really, like ColoNative said, none of the banks are. I've closed all my major credit cards with the exception of Discover and if they try any funny stuff, I will close it too. All of them will need us once this is over, but I won't have anything to do with them, except maybe Citi.

It wouldn't hurt to keep them open because you never know what tomorrow has in store for you.
14 years 9 months ago #199

hey hjm331.....man thanx for making me see the light because as looked at it from your point of view...what will it hurt so i called the credit card department and got my cards back with no prob and as i pulled my reports today, they have already reported. thanx again

Congrats! I hope some of that luck rubs onto me. :cool:
14 years 9 months ago #200

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Yeah, I still have my Newegg card with a $300 limit. I started out with a $2,000 limit and they reduced to $300 about six months ago. The only reason I kept it is because it's a hidden TL.

I love these hidden trade lines. You have managed to find two now (UMB and NewEgg). Do you know of any others?
14 years 9 months ago #201

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I am so sorry hjm331. I know how hard you worked to get your credit to this level. I also would like to say that I told you guys months ago, BOA is not the way to go right now. Really, like ColoNative said, none of the banks are. I've closed all my major credit cards with the exception of Discover and if they try any funny stuff, I will close it too. All of them will need us once this is over, but I won't have anything to do with them, except maybe Citi.
14 years 9 months ago #202

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

hey hjm331.....man thanx for making me see the light because as looked at it from your point of view...what will it hurt so i called the credit card department and got my cards back with no prob and as i pulled my reports today, they have already reported. thanx again :cool:
14 years 9 months ago #203

Yeah, I still have my Newegg card with a $300 limit. I started out with a $2,000 limit and they reduced to $300 about six months ago. The only reason I kept it is because it's a hidden TL.
14 years 9 months ago #204

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I don't think BoA will go under just because they're the second largest bank in the U.S., if not first (I'm not sure). Wells Fargo is still trying to swallow the Wachovia merger.

Speaking of going under, CIT Bank is about to go under because the gov't refused to lend them bailout money.

Yeah I have been reading that. Crazy. Do you still have your card with them? What was it called, NewEgg card? I forget.
14 years 9 months ago #205

I don't think BoA will go under just because they're the second largest bank in the U.S., if not first (I'm not sure). Wells Fargo is still trying to swallow the Wachovia merger.

Speaking of going under, CIT Bank is about to go under because the gov't refused to lend them bailout money.
14 years 9 months ago #206

I hope so.

Just you watch. Or maybe Wells Fargo will take them over :cool:
14 years 9 months ago #207

You didn't do anything wrong. Screw the big banks, credit unions are where it's at. One day these banks are going to realize that they ticked the wrong people off.

I hope so. :white-flag:

BoA is going to bomb my mailbox with offers trying to convince me to apply for their card.
14 years 9 months ago #208

It's funny how BoA's stock is worth 3 times more than Citi's stock and BoA is the one in panic mode.

ETA

You didn't do anything wrong. Screw the big banks, credit unions are where it's at. One day these banks are going to realize that they ticked the wrong people off.
14 years 9 months ago #209

I'm going to sockdrawer my Chase card and use my Cap1 and Citi cards. They might close it while I'm carrying a balance and report it to the bureaus as closed and with a balance and that looks bad on your CR. Therefore, I will not risk it and use cards I'm more comfortable using.
14 years 9 months ago #210