Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I look at it this way, Chase is becoming very conservative and has tightened standards. In the terms and conditions of all my credit card issuers it states that they can give me a CLD or cancel my account with them for little or no reason. I think Chase is weeding out people that don't fit their credit profile. I think that Chase is kind of the new Amex. I view Chase as the new ultra prime issuer.

I believe that Chase is trying to get rid of the WaMu credit cards as Chase views them as sub prime. Chase purchased WaMu for the banking operations (branch banking) and more or less had to absorbe the WaMu/Providian credit cards with it and now they are trying to get rid of them. Not saying it is right, but that is what I believe they are doing.

The WaMu's here in Colorado have temporary Chase banners covering the WaMu signs, very similar to what happened when Wachovia bought the World Savings. Interestingly enough, I can still apply for a WaMu checking account online. Not that I would, but strange that they are still offering it.
14 years 8 months ago #136

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I look at it this way, Chase is becoming very conservative and has tightened standards. In the terms and conditions of all my credit card issuers it states that they can give me a CLD or cancel my account with them for little or no reason. I think Chase is weeding out people that don't fit their credit profile. I think that Chase is kind of the new Amex. I view Chase as the new ultra prime issuer.
14 years 8 months ago #137

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Well all of the Wamu branch signs and logos have all been officially changed to Chase's in the ATL.

Yeah Meya, they send my that corney coupon every so often asking me to open a checking account and they'll give me $100. I'm like hjm331, I don't trust them and will have nothing to do with them.

Same thing just happened to my friend last week. Had a WAMU visa with a 2,000 CL for the last 4 years. Got a letter in the mail saying that chase was closing his account due to information on the credit bureau. Reason given;

- Length of time in which other bank cards have been open with other lenders is too short

This sounds like a bunch of BS. They are digging themselves deeper and deeper in the hole. Just as bad as AMEX has done to some people.
14 years 8 months ago #138

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Well all of the Wamu branch signs and logos have all been officially changed to Chase's in the ATL.

Yeah Meya, they send my that corney coupon every so often asking me to open a checking account and they'll give me $100. I'm like hjm331, I don't trust them and will have nothing to do with them.
14 years 8 months ago #139

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

That is too bad that they are alienating so many cardholder's. They do seem to be forgeting that a lot of previous WaMu cardholder's were also WaMu depositors.
14 years 8 months ago #140

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Eldarwen, it looks like they like you!
14 years 8 months ago #141

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I do like Chase. They have given me the highest CL that I have right now (chase Freedom at $5,000) Everything else seems to be holding steady at around $2,000. My APR's with Chase seem to keep going down and not up.
14 years 8 months ago #142

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I don't like their Online Banking interfaces, I hope they give it a makeover soon. I hate it when transactions pile up and there's a huge gap between the transaction description and the amount, it hurts my eyes trying to figure out what belongs to what.
14 years 8 months ago #143

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Mine still shows that I have credit available... My statement cut a few days ago and it doesnt say anything about the account being now closed. I guess they want to embarrass u at the counter

Mine does too and its been closed for months.:dumbfounded:
14 years 8 months ago #144

My account is still open but I'm expecting them to close it anytime soon. The only thing they did within the past month is increase my purchase APR from 17.24% to 20.24%.

The ratejack doesn't really effect me because I rarely use the card and when I do, I PIF.
14 years 8 months ago #145

I don't trust Chase so therefore, I wouldn't do business with them.
14 years 8 months ago #146
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

They is tripping on the cardholders. Now they wanna move over in my area (West Coast) plus send us offers to open a checking account, and we get $100. Whateva Chase! I know your dirty lil secrets:innocent:
14 years 8 months ago #147

Mine still shows that I have credit available... My statement cut a few days ago and it doesnt say anything about the account being now closed. I guess they want to embarrass u at the counter

I still can't believe WaMu is gone. I wasn't a customer, but they sounded like a good bank to do business with.
14 years 8 months ago #148

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Signed onto the Chase account, all looked to be in order 2500$ CL, zero balance.

Mine still shows that I have credit available... My statement cut a few days ago and it doesnt say anything about the account being now closed. I guess they want to embarrass u at the counter :embarrassed:
14 years 8 months ago #149

Looks like Chase is on a mission to close as many former Providian and WaMU accounts as possible regardless of the reasons they give you are valid or not.

Sorry to hear about the account closures but I'm expecting my account to be closed in a short period of time.
14 years 8 months ago #150