Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Explain!

Poll: Do you find this thread helpful in your situation?

Yes
30 71.4%
No
3 7.1%
Does not apply to me, but interesting
7 16.7%
Applies to me, but in a different way. (If checked, please post your story)
2 4.8%
Total number of voters: 4 ( FrankN, mocapino, Egghead, Finance Globe )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Macy's decreased my credit line by $400, because I was late (not 30 days), so you guys be aware. I didn't expect it from Macy's, but I think I read somewhere that they were decreasing credit lines. Not to mention, they didn't send me a letter or anything. I closed the account and I don't want to hear about how I shouldn't have from you guys. I refuse to deal with banks like that. I didn't mind the decrease, its the not informing me, that bothered me, not to mention, I rarely use this card except during the Christmas season.
14 years 9 months ago #241

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Last week, I applied for the Linux Foundation Visa offered by UMB (United Missouri Bank) because it was a nice hidden tradeline. I received the card in the mail today and I was approved for $4,500. I was so shocked that I almost fell to the floor.

As for the Nordstrom's Visa, I called CS today and they told me I had been denied and they didn't even bother approving me for a store card.

Those heathens LOL! But you got yourself a real nice Visa card my brother
14 years 10 months ago #242
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :white-flag:
14 years 10 months ago #243

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Cough, cough....Flat Screen

Flat screen!!!!!!!! I would be in the electrics department buying sound surround, new blue-ray player, one of those mini computers (my daughter has one lucky shiiiiiit) a flat screen for my bedroom (daughter has one of those and we have one in the living room) and the list goes on and on!!!!!!

Great im drooling right now at the stuff i would be buying!!!!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared:
14 years 10 months ago #244
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Cough, cough....Flat Screen!:laugh:
14 years 10 months ago #245

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

I'm definitely going to use it for big purchases in the future since they don't report and gave me a year without interest charges promo.
14 years 10 months ago #246

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

No, they don't have any locations in California, but they have a few throughout Colorado as you mentioned.

Yes, this card doesn't report to the CB's so I won't lose points for new account/util.

Excellent. I wonder why it does not report? I wouldn't mind that at all.
14 years 10 months ago #247

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

No, they don't have any locations in California, but they have a few throughout Colorado as you mentioned.

Yes, this card doesn't report to the CB's so I won't lose points for new account/util.
14 years 10 months ago #248

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Last week, I applied for the Linux Foundation Visa offered by UMB (United Missouri Bank) because it was a nice hidden tradeline. I received the card in the mail today and I was approved for $4,500. I was so shocked that I almost fell to the floor.

As for the Nordstrom's Visa, I called CS today and they told me I had been denied and they didn't even bother approving me for a store card.

Sorry to hear about Nordstrom. Do you have UMB Banks in California? We have a few, and I mean a few, here in Denver. Also, what do you mean by Hidden Trade Line? It does not report to the bureaus?
14 years 10 months ago #249

As for the Nordstrom's Visa, I called CS today and they told me I had been denied and they didn't even bother approving me for a store card. :upset:
14 years 10 months ago #250

I am working on GEMB before I start closing anyone. Now I see they have the YoYo limit syndrome with sis, and Colo you just reminded me of how they do me with the Avenue, they got me at an odd number instead of the whole number.....lol. I don't clearly see where the $124 can come from either. maybe its a code....lolz!

Speaking of the Avenue, I think it is time I called in for a cli with them, I don't think I had asked for one in quite some time. They may not give it to me since I have not shopped their store in a while. ohhh welll, they should have never changed their line of clothing over to something my mom would be ashamed to walk outside in

I know, I wonder if it is some sort of algorithm or something. Or they are bored and messing with us LOL.
14 years 10 months ago #251
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

I am working on GEMB before I start closing anyone. Now I see they have the YoYo limit syndrome with sis, and Colo you just reminded me of how they do me with the Avenue, they got me at an odd number instead of the whole number.....lol. I don't clearly see where the $124 can come from either. maybe its a code....lolz!

Speaking of the Avenue, I think it is time I called in for a cli with them, I don't think I had asked for one in quite some time. They may not give it to me since I have not shopped their store in a while. ohhh welll, they should have never changed their line of clothing over to something my mom would be ashamed to walk outside in.:laugh:
14 years 10 months ago #252

When GEMB CLD's an account, they reduce it to a certain limit so they can verify why they reduced the limit. Each limit represents a different CLD reason but $124 seems to be a popular limit nowadays.

That is such a random number. Why not $125 or $120? What is this $4 dollar stuff? Crazy.
14 years 10 months ago #253

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

Hey sis Dillards reduced my limit from 350.00 (which i was building up) down to 1something (cant remember) now im back up to 300.00 and i haven't asked for a credit increase either because im afraid of another decrease instead of a increase :scared: :white-flag:
14 years 10 months ago #254

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Has Your Credit Card(s) CL Been Reduced, Closed, or Frozen? If So, Please Ex

It is rare for Amex to reinstate your CL after you been CLDed. I have seen it happen on the credit board forums, but it is very rare. They have not given me and CLI's since a CLD. It's funny though, a few years ago (2 or 3 years ago), my Sears Mastercard was giving me CLI's left and right. Probably because it was my only card and I used it quite a bit.
14 years 10 months ago #255