Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Replied by hjm331 on topic Just hit the button at

Just hit the button at Macy's Visa. Last increase was 1/08 for 6000 to 9000 today went from 9000 to 11000.00

Did you ever receive a letter in the mail when you hit the luv button on the BofA site and got denied for having sufficient that they have issued to you? I've been receiving those a lot lately. I think it's an excuse for them to hide that your reputation with them isn't very old.
15 years 11 months ago #2176

Replied by Tynece on topic I love my macys card!!!

I love my macys card!!! They have been good to me I must say. My total lines with them are now 11000 5200 5000 Total 21200.00 WOW I never looked at it like that. I need to go shopping LOL
15 years 11 months ago #2177
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Way to go, now we

Way to go, now we know what Macy's is working with!
:white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag:
15 years 11 months ago #2178

Replied by Tynece on topic Just hit the button at

Just hit the button at Macy's Visa. Last increase was 1/08 for 6000 to 9000 today went from 9000 to 11000.00 :dumbfounded:
Forgot to mention BOA increased from 3000 to 5000 last week
15 years 11 months ago #2179

Replied by CLIFTON on topic Good news!!! I was approved

Good news!!! I was approved for a Chase Platinum Visa Card yesterday with a 400 dollar limit, no AF, and 0% APR for the first 12 months. This is my 9th cc and I am breaking into the majors. And I applied for this card on a whim online with instant approval. I had a sneaking suspicion that I would be approved since my May TU score was in the low 600s. My HSBC cards are going on hiatus when they are paid off and Chase is going to get alot of my attention (even with the low limit).
15 years 11 months ago #2180

Replied by smcc on topic Hi Wildrage, I have a

Hi Wildrage, I have a BankAmericard and its at $41k with a combined income over $115k. The bank says I'm at my limit and they can't approve another increase based on salary. My question is if I apply for say a World Points Visa from BOA can I run that card also up to $41k? I'm thinking no because I would be exposed to $82k. So does the 20% apply in general to any credit card or "X" numbers of credit cards as long as the combined limits are no more than 20% of your salary?
15 years 11 months ago #2181

Replied by wildrage2 on topic Is that limit just for

Is that limit just for a specific B o A card? I only say this because someone I know has a $28k BoA limit and makes around 80k. It is an account that is around 10 years old.
15 years 11 months ago #2182

Replied by smcc on topic Based on my income I

Based on my income I have reached my Credit Line Increase limit. BOA will not give you any more increases once you hit 20% of your income. My question is this, if you apply for another card with the same banking institution will the bank let you run that limit up to the point where that card now represents 20% of your income? Will the bank give that much exposure to a customer? Example: You make $50k and you have two cards with $10k limits on both (20%) of your income on both cards.
15 years 11 months ago #2183

Replied by hjm331 on topic MsKiwi, out of curiousity, what

MsKiwi, out of curiousity, what types of cards did you have 4 years ago? Did you have any cards from Bank of America or Citi? If you did, we would really appreciate it if you gave us your experience on how it is to work with the big banks.
15 years 11 months ago #2184

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Congrats MsKiwi! That's a great

Congrats MsKiwi! That's a great news. If you have the money to support that card, then go for it. As soon as you get some better cards, dump them because they will keep charging you that monthly fee.

Good Luck

Thank you. I have some work to do on repairing my credit to get to the point of better cards. This is my goal for the next year....work like a crazy woman to get back to where I was 4 years ago. :dumbfounded:
15 years 11 months ago #2185

Replied by hjm331 on topic Congrats MsKiwi! That's a great

Congrats MsKiwi! That's a great news. If you have the money to support that card, then go for it. As soon as you get some better cards, dump them because they will keep charging you that monthly fee.

Good Luck
15 years 11 months ago #2186

Replied by MsKiwi on topic I know people knock First

I know people knock First Premiere, but to those who were in deep crap with their credit they are worth the fees. I hit the increase CL button for the heck of it and got $100 but my statement came today and they actually granted me $150 increase. Nice suprise :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #2187

Replied by happylady on topic Well I called the Cap1

Well I called the Cap1 back door number for a CLI and got denied... :worried: :worried:
I guess I'll try again in a few months..
15 years 11 months ago #2188

Replied by ChrisPA on topic Capital One Standard Master card 4

Capital One Standard Master card
4 Months of having this card
Started at 300
300 first CLI via back door number
500 Second CLI via back door number
500 Third CLI via Credit steps auto increase

NEW! CL 1600 :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #2189
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic By the way, drinks are

By the way, drinks are on Porgy1000. He seems to have enough in his credit lines for all of us...hah!

Porgy is pouring drinks? :dumbfounded: :confused:
Oh well, I quit 2 weeks ago....lol.

Way to go on the increases everyone!
15 years 11 months ago #2190