Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Replied by theo11 on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

If you have 2 Capital One cards, you can combine the two cards and they will give you the combined CL on one card. They did it for me and one was a Visa and one a M/C. The best part about it is that they still report both accounts to the CRA's as open. One card was 1000 CL and the other was 1600. Now I have one account with a 2600 limit. Plus the account that I joined to this one shows a 1600 limit with a 0 balance on all 3 credit reports.

Is there a number one can call to combine two Cap One cards? My wife has two and has tried to combine them in the past (a year ago?) and she was told she could not combine the two. Thanks.
15 years 10 months ago #2161

Replied by CLIFTON on topic Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

I received a 1000 dollar CLI on my HSBC Cash or Fly MC today with a press of the luv button. Now my limit is at 2350 dollars. This is my first card with a limit over 2000 dollars EVER. This is a very good thing because I will need to purchase a ticket to Asia in the next 6 months for a trip next year with my friend. And their aint no tickets to Asia under a grand!!!!!!

PS: This will also do wonders for my utilization!!!!
15 years 10 months ago #2162
  • bramford
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by bramford on topic Hi Everyone. I just got

Hi Everyone. I just got a Auto CLI for my Hooters Card, $1000 to $1200. :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #2163

Replied by MsKiwi on topic MsKiwi, out of curiousity, what

MsKiwi, out of curiousity, what types of cards did you have 4 years ago? Did you have any cards from Bank of America or Citi? If you did, we would really appreciate it if you gave us your experience on how it is to work with the big banks.

I had cc's with providian $10,000 and good cap 1 accounts $2000. I didn't have any citi or BOA. I never applied for too much because of my providian being high enough for me. It's probably a good thing I didn't have BOA, citi or discover or I would be blacklisted for sure. So I'm not much help with the big banks. I used to have scores in the high 700's now I'm in the high 500's, it's going to be a long road. A word to the wise, cap 1 will take you to court in a heartbeat.
15 years 11 months ago #2164
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Ahh naww bramford, you and

Ahh naww bramford, you and tynece are about to make me call macy's back up with a "Wassup" on the cli! You go bramford. I am so happy for you.
:white-flag: :white-flag: :white-flag: :kiss:
15 years 11 months ago #2165

Replied by Tynece on topic congrads bramford I love macys

congrads bramford I love macys :cheesing:
15 years 11 months ago #2166

Replied by smcc on topic You know hjm331, your right,

You know hjm331, your right, time to put the brakes on for awhile.
15 years 11 months ago #2167
  • bramford
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by bramford on topic Hello Everyone. I got a

Hello Everyone. I got a CLI for my Macys Accounts. $2200 to $2400 for my regular Macys account, and $2200 to $3100 for my Macys Type 30 account. :white-flag: :fun: :white-flag: :fun: :white-flag:
15 years 11 months ago #2168

Replied by hjm331 on topic smcc, wait another 6-12 months

smcc, wait another 6-12 months before asking another increase. You never know, they might give you an auto-CLI. Let things cool down for a bit.

Good Luck
15 years 11 months ago #2169

Replied by hjm331 on topic I didn't apply for the

I didn't apply for the Accelerated Rewards AMEX, I applied for the regular Worldpoints AMEX (their first and original AMEX). My scores were around 675 across the board. However, I did have a BofA student Visa for a year and I had a perfect payment history with them so I'm guessing that was the main reason why I got approved for the card.
15 years 11 months ago #2170

Replied by Tynece on topic What are your scores and

What are your scores and which did they pull with accelerated rewards card
15 years 11 months ago #2171

Replied by hjm331 on topic Yeah, you're right. That's the

Yeah, you're right. That's the good thing about BofA. If that's what you want, then go for it!
15 years 11 months ago #2172

Replied by Tynece on topic hjm I called BOA the

hjm I called BOA the other day and at first she said no because I am an auth user on my fiances account with 15000 and another with 11000. But I told her I hardly use his accounts I am just on them to help my scores so then she increase mine. to 5000.00 from 3000.00 I am thinking to apple for that amex even if they only give me 1000.00 I can move from my other lines BOA allows that instantly
15 years 11 months ago #2173

Replied by hjm331 on topic They told me that my

They told me that my limit was sufficient on my BofA Student Visa and then they approved me for a BofA AMEX with a $1,500 CL. :cool:
15 years 11 months ago #2174

Replied by smcc on topic it might be hjm331 that

it might be hjm331 that your current limit is 20% of your income and at that point they will deny your request for further increases. Found this out talking to a BOA rep the other day
15 years 11 months ago #2175